P.J. Brown: A Free Agent Possibility?

Discussion in 'New Orleans Pelicans' started by 808Hornetsfan, Jul 16, 2007.

1. 808Hornetsfan

808Hornetsfan BBW VIP

Although he's 37 years old and is way past his prime, do you see any scenario that would involve P.J. returning to New Orleans. With the team coming back home and ready to make a playoff run, it's only fitting that this former Louisiana Tech standout play his last season for his home team. He would be a perfect leader off the bench and would only take a few more minutes away from Armstrong and Simmons.I'd be willing to say that both youngsters would benefit from having a guy like P.J. around teaching them what they need to know, I mean, Tyrus Thomas got a lot of help and now he's ready to be a star PF. Brown was a huge influence on David West, who before '05 was just a young third option that never wanted to shoot the ball when he had it in his hands. Only positive things would come if Brown were to return, so I'm asking could this be a possibility? :dunno:

2. noballer08

noballer08 BBW Elite Member

That would be the best thing in the world for me. I agreed with him when he wanted to go and compete for a ring, but it looks like that won't happen. I think he should come back and teach Hilt and Cedric some D and rebounding, and would be a good character example. If he can play next year and retire in Louisiana, I would be very excited. Sounds like the perfect situation.

3. 808Hornetsfan

808Hornetsfan BBW VIP

Not to mention what a memorable thing to witness throughout the year. With the entire team + Brown all returning for an emotional year. Maybe we could even make a run at the Saints miracle season, although getting to the WCF is a much more difficult thing considering 1) The NFC is weak and 2) We didn't draft Reggie Bush this year. [​IMG] #42 needs to come home!