P. Rivers...WOW

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TheBeef, Jan 24, 2004.

1. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

I just watched the Senior Bowl and Phil Rivers was impressive...he was clearly the best player on the field. Im glad to see the guy has great skills, I just hope he didnt elavate himself so high that he wont be available when Miami picks...

2. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

i am telling you he is a top 5 pick for sure, any team that needs qb and passes is CRAZY

3. Glenso1188

Glenso1188 nfl-*****s member

He looked great but if you're scouting RB's, Greg Jones looked impressive running over guys. I'm just wondering what kind of speed he has to go along with that 251 pound all muscle frame.

4. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

G. Jones looked good, but he only had 5 carries(although he had 44 yards and 2 TDs, 6yds and 15 yds, so he was productive)....he broke tons of tackles on those carries though....hes not a big play threat, and he cant catch the ball, but he showed considerable power

5. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

After what I saw or Rivers, I dont think you could fault a team if they did take him in the top few picks, but I dont think it will happen....some people have him slipping to the 2nd round! I know Miami is interested, because they spent more time with him at the Senior Bowl than any other team, I just hope hes available, I want him, and him only(unless Manning or Roeth are avail), not Losman, not Navarre, I want Rivers...

6. Bearsfan1

well if there is one thing i know from watching the dolphins draft while i am with you they will pick someone and you will be like god $%# why the hell do they need another god ##$% corner, so i expect they will pick a . . . .kicker or punter with their first round pick. The bears definately a RB

7. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

Standard Draft Day at the Beefs House.....

The Beef and BearsFan1 sit on the couch....and the women and children have been instructed to leave, and not come back until Sunday night....the 1st thing you notice are the 3 TVs...1 with the draft blasting, sound on, one with a Cubs game on, muted, and the 3rd with Madden(insert year here)....next you notice on the Fridge a group of Dr Pepper 2 liters that are arranged like bowling pins, 10 in all, soon to be 9,8,7,6 and so on....you notice a strange smell and upon further review, you see 76 half oz. meatballs drowning in Ragu in the crock pot....a quick look in the fridge reveils sub rolls, many different cheeses, several types of dips and a few bags of chips....a look in the freezer shows several Red Baron Mexican pizzas ready to hit the oven on a moments notice, as well as 10 pounds of party ice and 2 prefrozen mugs, one with the Dolphins emblem the other with the Bears....if you stay to watch the draft, you will hear BF1 list off a group of player he wants and then one he doesnt, and then when the Bears enevitably draft that guy, the tune immediately changes, last year, he and I spent an hour discussing why Grossman wouldnt make it in the league, but once the Bears drafted him, it all changed....then it comes time for the Dolphins to pick...the whole 4 hours ive been talking about 1 guy, for instance a few years ago it was Todd Heap....the guy is always there when they draft and im so happy, then the commish coems to the podium to announce some dude like "Jamar Fletcher, CB Wisconsin", and im like "WTF?"....they have good corners but they need a TE, of course Heaps a star and Fletch is a bum....thats about how it goes, then after 6 hrs, the 1st rounds ends and the picks come much faster, which is great because the action picks up....usually he goes home overnight, unless we live far apart at the time(he did drive 200 and 600 miles in consecutive years to watch the draft) and we pick it up at noon on sunday....and start all over again...

8. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

If Rivers available & Miami doesn't take him, then something is mighty wrong.

Here is a kid who grew up idolizing Marino. Not only that, he was a starter & winner for all 4 yrs at a college in a major conference. Who cares about his mechanics? He can deliver when it counts. Not only that, he has a good head on his shoulders.

Is Rivers this years Peyton and Losman this years Leaf? If Spielman & wanny screw this up, I will personally come to FL and drive them out of town for being nimrods of such epic proportions.

At the time, Fletcher was an intersting pick but in this day & age you needs as many decent CB's as possible. I will wait & reserve judgment on Eddie Moore until he actually takes the field when it counts.

9. Bearsfan1

I think you make a point about losman and rivers and picking the wrong one, but i think this years peyton is Eli and this years leaf is . . . roethsliberger, except not like leaf you know succesful, i think they will all do great, unless drafted by the following teams - {green bay, minnesota, detroit} those players drafted by previously mentioned teams will be worst in history of league

10. Pats37

Pats37 The Next Big Thing

And why is that Mr. Bears Fan? Do I detect and Agenda possibly. lol

11. Giantsfan1

Giantsfan1 Thread Killer

TO BEEF and BEARSFAN1:

Watch your cholesteral and watch out for those heart attacks
    JUST KIDDING

Sounds like a lot of fun

I honestly dont like Losman
    I dont get these people who complain about QB motion and Crap
    Power to the sidearm
    Plummer likes to throw it that way and Carr does to... they both have good years