Packers improve playoff prospects behind Rodgers' three touchdowns

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by CelticKing, Dec 1, 2009.

1. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

Packers improve playoff prospects behind Rodgers' three touchdowns

The Detroit Lions used to take a lot of pride in playing on Thanksgiving.

Lately, the Lions have been getting embarrassed when the nation tunes in to watch them.

Aaron Rodgers matched a career high with three touchdown passes and Charles Woodson grabbed two of his team's four interceptions, giving the Green Bay Packers a 34-12 win over Detroit.

The Lions have lost six straight games on the holiday, setting a franchise record, by an average of 23.2 points and eight of nine in the showcase game. The latest loss was an emotional setback for Detroit (2-9) four days after Matthew Stafford's gutsy play capped its biggest comeback win since 1957.

"It's a different feeling in this locker room -- especially on national television to come out like that," Detroit center Dominic Raiola said.

Before its recent slide, Detroit won four straight and nine of 12 on Thanksgiving before ex-general manager Matt Millen arrived in 2001 and made a lackluster franchise awful.

Green Bay (7-4) has won three straight since losing to Tampa Bay to improve its postseason prospects.

"We can't talk about the playoffs yet," Packers receiver Donald Driver said.

2. DP

DP He shoots, he scores!

What a Thanksigiving. Sitting in my grandparents living room as the only Packers fan hearing shit from the family who are all Bears fans. Then Nick Collins picks the ball off for me and they shut up. =D Pretty happy to see Donald with the Gobbler for once!

3. CelticKing

Good for you huh, being the only fan there. Did you talk crap to them after the game? haha

4. DP

DP He shoots, he scores!

What do you think? As everyone was shoving food in their mouths I was like "Packers won, the Bears play the Vikings. Your screwed." Then continued ratting. Make comments like that all day.

5. CelticKing

haha nice man. So you're near chicago?

6. DP

DP He shoots, he scores!

About an hour and thirty minute drive. I don't wear Packers clothing up in Chi though. I'd rather be alive, have my bones, organs, and brain in place.

7. CelticKing

haha nice man. I have some friends there, and some people from my country live in Joliet. (about an hour I believe too)

8. DP

DP He shoots, he scores!

Joliet eh? Jackhammers suck... I can get free tickets to their games. Its sad... xD (if you want to talk more about this lets carry it to PM)

Vote Rodgers for the FedEx Air player of the week. =D Woo! Go Rodgers! http://www.packers.com/news/releases/2009/12/01/3/

9. CelticKing

Rodgers completed 28 of 39 passes for 348 yards and three touchdowns, including completions of 68 and 45 yards, in a 34-12 victory against the Detroit Lions on Thanksgiving.