Packers projected 2006 lineup

Discussion in 'NFC North' started by nBarnett56, May 17, 2006.

1. nBarnett56

nBarnett56 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Updated: 5/5/06QB - Favre, Rodgers, MartinRB - Green, Davenport, GadoFB - Henderson, LeachWR - Driver, Jennings, RodgersWR - Ferguson, Gardner, BoerigterTE - Franks, Lee, MartinLT - Clifton, Klemm, Colledge, MollLG - Colledge, SpitzC - Wells, White, SpitzRG - Coston, Barry, SpitzRT - Tauscher, WhittickerDE - KGB, PetersonDT - Jenkins, Cole, WilliamsDT - Pickett, Williams, JolleyDE - Kampman, Montgomery, TollefsonWLB - Hawk, Manning, PoppingaMLB - Hodge, BarnettSLB - Barnett, Manning, TaylorCB - Harris, CarrollCB - Woodson, Hawkins, BlackmonFS - Collins, UnderwoodSS - Manuel, Roman, Underwood, CulverK - CundiffP - RyanKR - Rodgers

2. DevinHester23

DevinHester23 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Why is Hawk going to be a WLB? This guy was a MLB in college, and is the second coming of Urlacher. Why do the Packers have to destroy a good player, espically a Buckeye? [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. JHair

JHair NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Hawk played OLB in college if I'm not mistaken. Green Bay has some nasty Linebackers, and not too shabby of a defense now. They really do need a big DT though

4. nBarnett56

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BrianUrlacher54 @ May 17 2006, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Why is Hawk going to be a WLB? This guy was a MLB in college, and is the second coming of Urlacher. Why do the Packers have to destroy a good player, espically a Buckeye? [​IMG] [​IMG]</div>He isn't and NFL MLB, neither is Nick Barnett. I think they want Hodge as the MLB though he is undersized there as well. Barnett will probably be moved to the strong side at some point this season or next season. We're basically using Hawks skills which are better suited to be a weak side LB.Johnny, we signed DT Ryan Pickett from the Rams. He will be our NT. We also drafted a huge run stuffer Johnny Jolly who will get some rotational work. KGB will be the weak spot on the Dline as usual.

5. The Marine

The Marine BBW Member

Hawk is a OLB. He doesn't play the MLB position in my NCAA so im pretty sure thats right

6. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nBarnett56 @ May 17 2006, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BrianUrlacher54 @ May 17 2006, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Why is Hawk going to be a WLB? This guy was a MLB in college, and is the second coming of Urlacher. Why do the Packers have to destroy a good player, espically a Buckeye? [​IMG] [​IMG]</div>He isn't and NFL MLB, neither is Nick Barnett. I think they want Hodge as the MLB though he is undersized there as well. Barnett will probably be moved to the strong side at some point this season or next season. We're basically using Hawks skills which are better suited to be a weak side LB.Johnny, we signed DT Ryan Pickett from the Rams. He will be our NT. We also drafted a huge run stuffer Johnny Jolly who will get some rotational work. KGB will be the weak spot on the Dline as usual.</div>Just remember, they say Jonathan Vilma is 'undersized' because hes like 235.If thats the case, then I'll take all my linebackers 'undersized' [​IMG]

7. Lambeau Leap

Lambeau Leap NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nBarnett56 @ May 17 2006, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Updated: 5/5/06QB - Favre, Rodgers, MartinRB - Green, Davenport, GadoFB - Henderson, LeachWR - Driver, Jennings, RodgersWR - Ferguson, Gardner, BoerigterTE - Franks, Lee, MartinLT - Clifton, Klemm, Colledge, MollLG - Colledge, SpitzC - Wells, White, SpitzRG - Coston, Barry, SpitzRT - Tauscher, WhittickerDE - KGB, PetersonDT - Jenkins, Cole, WilliamsDT - Pickett, Williams, JolleyDE - Kampman, Montgomery, TollefsonWLB - Hawk, Manning, PoppingaMLB - Hodge, BarnettSLB - Barnett, Manning, TaylorCB - Harris, CarrollCB - Woodson, Hawkins, BlackmonFS - Collins, UnderwoodSS - Manuel, Roman, Underwood, CulverK - CundiffP - RyanKR - Rodgers</div>Looks perfect to me. I'm loving our defense now and the fact that Coston finally gets to start on the o line.

8. DevinHester23

Packers still suck. Bears win the NFC North again

9. nBarnett56

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AdropOFvenom @ May 17 2006, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nBarnett56 @ May 17 2006, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BrianUrlacher54 @ May 17 2006, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Why is Hawk going to be a WLB? This guy was a MLB in college, and is the second coming of Urlacher. Why do the Packers have to destroy a good player, espically a Buckeye? [​IMG] [​IMG]</div>He isn't and NFL MLB, neither is Nick Barnett. I think they want Hodge as the MLB though he is undersized there as well. Barnett will probably be moved to the strong side at some point this season or next season. We're basically using Hawks skills which are better suited to be a weak side LB.Johnny, we signed DT Ryan Pickett from the Rams. He will be our NT. We also drafted a huge run stuffer Johnny Jolly who will get some rotational work. KGB will be the weak spot on the Dline as usual.</div>Just remember, they say Jonathan Vilma is 'undersized' because hes like 235.If thats the case, then I'll take all my linebackers 'undersized' [​IMG]</div>He plays with a nasty additude though. Hodge does as well, which is why he could play MLB for us. There are very few true MLB's in the NFL today.

10. nBarnett56

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lambeau Leap @ May 17 2006, 11:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nBarnett56 @ May 17 2006, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Updated: 5/5/06QB - Favre, Rodgers, MartinRB - Green, Davenport, GadoFB - Henderson, LeachWR - Driver, Jennings, RodgersWR - Ferguson, Gardner, BoerigterTE - Franks, Lee, MartinLT - Clifton, Klemm, Colledge, MollLG - Colledge, SpitzC - Wells, White, SpitzRG - Coston, Barry, SpitzRT - Tauscher, WhittickerDE - KGB, PetersonDT - Jenkins, Cole, WilliamsDT - Pickett, Williams, JolleyDE - Kampman, Montgomery, TollefsonWLB - Hawk, Manning, PoppingaMLB - Hodge, BarnettSLB - Barnett, Manning, TaylorCB - Harris, CarrollCB - Woodson, Hawkins, BlackmonFS - Collins, UnderwoodSS - Manuel, Roman, Underwood, CulverK - CundiffP - RyanKR - Rodgers</div>Looks perfect to me. I'm loving our defense now and the fact that Coston finally gets to start on the o line.</div>I was pretty high on Coston last year. He had a learning curve coming from a small school and I thought he would compete even without the zone blocking scheme. I also like seeing all the depth that TT has created, finally! Culver and Moll could be potential cuts as well.

11. nBarnett56

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BrianUrlacher54 @ May 18 2006, 12:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Packers still suck. Bears win the NFC North again</div> [​IMG] Way to be a common sense fan. Its hard to find descent, objectable fans to converse with these days. If I wanted to read childish comments like that I could have gone to the ESPN boards.

12. DevinHester23

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nBarnett56 @ May 18 2006, 07:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BrianUrlacher54 @ May 18 2006, 12:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Packers still suck. Bears win the NFC North again</div> [​IMG] Way to be a common sense fan. Its hard to find descent, objectable fans to converse with these days. If I wanted to read childish comments like that I could have gone to the ESPN boards.</div> [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] :lol:It was meant to be a joke. I still fucking hate the Packers and hope they suck big-time in 2006

13. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

[quote name='nBarnett56' post='48594' date='May 18 2006, 04:27 AM'][quote name='AdropOFvenom' post='48564' date='May 17 2006, 10:13 PM'][quote name='nBarnett56' post='48558' date='May 17 2006, 06:52 PM'][quote name='BrianUrlacher54' post='48504' date='May 17 2006, 08:35 PM']Why is Hawk going to be a WLB? This guy was a MLB in college, and is the second coming of Urlacher. Why do the Packers have to destroy a good player, espically a Buckeye? [​IMG] [​IMG][/quote]He isn't and NFL MLB, neither is Nick Barnett. I think they want Hodge as the MLB though he is undersized there as well. Barnett will probably be moved to the strong side at some point this season or next season. We're basically using Hawks skills which are better suited to be a weak side LB.Johnny, we signed DT Ryan Pickett from the Rams. He will be our NT. We also drafted a huge run stuffer Johnny Jolly who will get some rotational work. KGB will be the weak spot on the Dline as usual.[/quote]Just remember, they say Jonathan Vilma is 'undersized' because hes like 235.If thats the case, then I'll take all my linebackers 'undersized' [​IMG][/quote]He plays with a nasty additude though. Hodge does as well, which is why he could play MLB for us. There are very few true MLB's in the NFL today.[/quote]Exactly. The problem is all the 250-260 players are suddenly becoming converted to pass rushing Defensive Ends instead of playing linebacker so you have a bunch of undersized linebackers in their place. But as long as the guys are fast and can hit like a truck it shouldnt make a difference, and the Packers should be fine with those 3 clogging the middle of the field, as long as they can keep the offensive lineman off of them. And being that I wouldnt really trust Pickett Id still be concerned there If I was a Packers fan.As for Urlacher, dont mind him. Hes just trying to get his trash talking in before the Bears return to the cellar [​IMG]

14. Lambeau Leap

This may not really relate to the thread much, but KGB put on 25 pounds of muscle. He always played at 245 ish (DE), now he's close to 270

15. nBarnett56

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lambeau Leap @ May 18 2006, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>This may not really relate to the thread much, but KGB put on 25 pounds of muscle. He always played at 245 ish (DE), now he's close to 270</div>Where did you hear that from?

16. nBarnett56

[quote name='AdropOFvenom' post='48629' date='May 18 2006, 01:10 PM'][quote name='nBarnett56' post='48594' date='May 18 2006, 04:27 AM'][quote name='AdropOFvenom' post='48564' date='May 17 2006, 10:13 PM'][quote name='nBarnett56' post='48558' date='May 17 2006, 06:52 PM'][quote name='BrianUrlacher54' post='48504' date='May 17 2006, 08:35 PM']Why is Hawk going to be a WLB? This guy was a MLB in college, and is the second coming of Urlacher. Why do the Packers have to destroy a good player, espically a Buckeye? [​IMG] [​IMG][/quote]He isn't and NFL MLB, neither is Nick Barnett. I think they want Hodge as the MLB though he is undersized there as well. Barnett will probably be moved to the strong side at some point this season or next season. We're basically using Hawks skills which are better suited to be a weak side LB.Johnny, we signed DT Ryan Pickett from the Rams. He will be our NT. We also drafted a huge run stuffer Johnny Jolly who will get some rotational work. KGB will be the weak spot on the Dline as usual.[/quote]Just remember, they say Jonathan Vilma is 'undersized' because hes like 235.If thats the case, then I'll take all my linebackers 'undersized' [​IMG][/quote]He plays with a nasty additude though. Hodge does as well, which is why he could play MLB for us. There are very few true MLB's in the NFL today.[/quote]Exactly. The problem is all the 250-260 players are suddenly becoming converted to pass rushing Defensive Ends instead of playing linebacker so you have a bunch of undersized linebackers in their place. But as long as the guys are fast and can hit like a truck it shouldnt make a difference, and the Packers should be fine with those 3 clogging the middle of the field, as long as they can keep the offensive lineman off of them. And being that I wouldnt really trust Pickett Id still be concerned there If I was a Packers fan.As for Urlacher, dont mind him. Hes just trying to get his trash talking in before the Bears return to the cellar [​IMG][/quote]Hodge isn't the fastest guy, but he can hold down the middle. As for Pickett, he is a run stopper who was 1st in the NFL in tackles by a Dlineman, our own Aaron Kampman was 2nd. We have some guys who can play the other DT position, but KGB tends to struggle against the run. IMO our defense is much better than last season.

17. Lambeau Leap

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nBarnett56 @ May 18 2006, 02:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lambeau Leap @ May 18 2006, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>This may not really relate to the thread much, but KGB put on 25 pounds of muscle. He always played at 245 ish (DE), now he's close to 270</div>Where did you hear that from?</div>PackerChatters podcast........there will be a new one up tomorrow (it's very interesting stuff). I hope I don't get in trouble for posting another link or something.... http://www.packerchatters.com , podcast stuff is on the right. They might still have old shows up.

18. nBarnett56

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lambeau Leap @ May 18 2006, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nBarnett56 @ May 18 2006, 02:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lambeau Leap @ May 18 2006, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>This may not really relate to the thread much, but KGB put on 25 pounds of muscle. He always played at 245 ish (DE), now he's close to 270</div>Where did you hear that from?</div>PackerChatters podcast........there will be a new one up tomorrow (it's very interesting stuff). I hope I don't get in trouble for posting another link or something.... http://www.packerchatters.com , podcast stuff is on the right. They might still have old shows up.</div>That would be interesting if he did. Its not easy to gain around 30 lbs, especially someone of KGBs size. Shows he dedication and fear that we might draft Mario Williams. [​IMG]

19. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

[quote name='nBarnett56' post='48752' date='May 19 2006, 04:22 AM'][quote name='Lambeau Leap' post='48737' date='May 18 2006, 09:02 PM'][quote name='nBarnett56' post='48672' date='May 18 2006, 02:12 PM'][quote name='Lambeau Leap' post='48668' date='May 18 2006, 05:07 PM']This may not really relate to the thread much, but KGB put on 25 pounds of muscle. He always played at 245 ish (DE), now he's close to 270[/quote]Where did you hear that from?[/quote]PackerChatters podcast........there will be a new one up tomorrow (it's very interesting stuff). I hope I don't get in trouble for posting another link or something.... http://www.packerchatters.com , podcast stuff is on the right. They might still have old shows up.[/quote]That would be interesting if he did. Its not easy to gain around 30 lbs, especially someone of KGBs size. Shows he dedication and fear that we might draft Mario Williams. [​IMG][/quote]So instead hell likely be half the pass rusher he once was, but twice the run stopper. [​IMG] Still likely the weakpoint of your line.

20. PurplePeopleEaters

PurplePeopleEaters NFLC nflcentral.net Graphics Crew

Haha. The D is OK but that offense sucks so bad. Look at the o-line. I can't name a single good player on there.I must say the linebackers are going to wreak havoc for the vikes for years though.Biggest problem in the lineup... look at the QB. Another 29 INT's? How about 40 this year. I think Darren Sharper would be glad to add to that.