Packers Run D

Discussion in 'NFC North' started by vpotch, Aug 28, 2003.

1. vpotch

vpotch nfl-*****s member

Could it get any worse than it was last year??? You'd think not, but without Gilbert Brown, it'll probably be the worst in the NFL. I love the Pack, but I'm predicting only a .500 season.

2. packerssuck

packerssuck nfl-*****s member

Wow...what's this? Is this a realistic Packers fan? Now I guess the only thing we have to wait for is the admission that the Vikes win the central division.

On a more serious note, however, you are right that last year's defense by the pack was...well...not too great. As the Vikings have proven in the past couple of years, without a defense you can't win games.

3. vpotch

vpotch nfl-*****s member

I find it interesting how you can call yourself "packerssuck," when it's the Vikings that have never won a Super Bowl................

4. Purple Slurper

Purple Slurper nfl-*****s member

I have to agree with VPOTCH........what a display of incompetency......Minnesota has all those Super Bowl appearances, yet no World Championship. Granted, the Eagles have only been to 1 Super Bowl and lost, but it was to the Raiders with Jim Plunkett!

5. vikingfan

vikingfan nfl-*****s member

It seems as if the ONLY argument that Slackers fans have against vikings fans is this Super Bowl argument. Not to say that it isn't worth mentioning.

However, I keep going back to the past two seasons when the far more talented Pack came into town and lost to the Vikes. It just seems that as long as the Vikings are beating the Packers, we can say whatever we want about them, right?

6. Boydy

Boydy nfl-*****s member

Anyone here go for the Dolphins???

7. Wannab Favre

Wannab Favre nfl-*****s member

well seeing as we beat the vikes in the last meeting , that makes us better than ye now and no matter how bad our d is , we will never lose 4 in a row and then 5 of 6 !!

8. vikingfan

How can you say you are better than we are? Look at your record compared to ours...once your record is better than ours, then you are better.

9. Smerdykov

Smerdykov nfl-*****s member

Now the records are tied! So does that mean they are equal teams.
    I think not! One has to be better and I am not going to even venture to ascertain which is the better team.
    Both are crappy teams scrapping to get on top of the shit pile. Both teams have individual players that have talents but cannot bring their teams together for consistent wins or superbowl hopes.

10. Wannab Favre

Wannab Favre nfl-*****s member

we will still make it into the playoffs ! we still playing the same teams as u week in week out and are 8 - 6 so who cares if it is a shit pile ! someone has to win it

11. vikingfan

Someone does have to win it, but overall the Vikings are still the better team. Granted, they are inconsistent, but so are the Pack (Detroit, for example). The fact is, the wins that the Vikings do have, with the exception of the Detriot game, have all been very convincing wins.

Who knows who will make the playoffs...I wouldn't put it past the Vikings to blow up at the end of the season, but then again, I wouldn't place money on the Pack and Favre's gambling style either.