Pacman Jones Charged With 2 Felonies

Discussion in 'NFL General' started by knicksfan3, Jun 20, 2007.

1. knicksfan3

knicksfan3 Nets Season Ticket Holder - Section 225

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Pacman faces felony charges in shooting that paralyzed manAssociated PressUpdated: June 20, 2007, 3:27 PM ETLAS VEGAS -- Suspended NFL player Adam "Pacman" Jones will face two felony charges in a strip club melee that preceded a triple shooting in February, Las Vegas police and the Clark County District Attorney's office said Wednesday.Two other people previously identified by police as friends of the troubled Tennessee Titans cornerback also will face felony charges in the fracas inside the Minxx club, police said in a statement.No one is named in the shooting that occurred later outside the club and left a bar employee paralyzed and two others with minor injuries, police Capt. James Dillon said.Warrants were issued for the arrests of Jones, Robert Reid of Carson, Calif., and Sadia Morrison of New York, Dillon said.Jones, 23, of Franklin, Tenn., faces two counts of felony coercion stemming from allegations he threatened to kill club employees and bit a bar bouncer on the ankle, according to a criminal complaint filed in Clark County District Court.</div>Heres some background info on his felony charges:<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Nevada's coercion statute? 1. It is unlawful for a person, with the intent to compel another to do or abstain from doing an act which the other person has a right to do or abstain from doing, to:(a) Use violence or inflict injury upon the other person or any of his family, or upon his property, or threaten such violence or injury;([​IMG] Deprive the person of any tool, implement or clothing, or hinder him in the use thereof; or&copy; Attempt to intimidate the person by threats or force.? 2. A person who violates the provisions of subsection 1 shall be punished:(a) Where physical force or the immediate threat of physical force is used, for a category B felony by imprisonment in the state prison for a minimum term of not less than 1 year and a maximum term of not more than 6 years, and may be further punished by a fine of not more than $5,000.([​IMG] Where no physical force or immediate threat of physical force is used, for a misdemeanor.-- Source: Nevada Legislature's Web site</div>His time is up in the NFL....just give him the permanent boot cause its obvious from the past year and a half that he is more concerned with being with his entourage than he is playing football.

2. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

:doh: DAMNIT!Didnt realize it would be that harsh...

3. Courtvision

Courtvision BBW Member

He was talking about how he dropped the appeal on the season long suspension, and how he was using it to get his head straight and clean up a few things in his life. Turns out it was all talk, and he wasn't willing to actually try and turn his life around. Quite a shame.

4. LAZY

LAZY BBW Elite Member

I don't see why he is still in the NFL. After this many chances he has had to get his act together, he keeps f*cking up. I wouldnt allow anyone on my team that kept acting like this. Even if he was a 99 on Madden

5. TigerTaylor

TigerTaylor BBW Elite Member

Bye bye Pac-Man. I really don't see him ever getting back in the NFL. He hasn't showed any sign of behavior improvement, and teams just don't want to waste their money on him when he is always going to be locked up.It's sad seeing all these great players ruining their careers with stupid crimes, drugs, and just overall ignorance.

6. noballer08

noballer08 BBW Elite Member

Damn, he sure has F*cked over the Titans. Had the potential to be a great shutdown corner, but he never cared to learn from his mistakes I guess.

7. MaRdYC26

MaRdYC26 BBW Graphics Team

pacman behind bars ftw?

8. Mobruler

Mobruler BBW VIP

Maybe him and Ricky Williams can win a CFL title.

9. junit

junit BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mobruler @ Jun 21 2007, 01:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Maybe him and Ricky Williams can win a CFL title.</div>Lol, Pacman is messing his future up.

10. primetime

primetime Get Your Popcorn ready again

There is a big difference between ricky williams and pacman. Ricky Williams was a top 15 rb of alltime in his prime. He played his career and made plenty of money and then decided to live his life how he had chosen and isnt hurting anyone.Pacman Jones has the talent to be a HOF but is a career criminal who is f*cking up his chance to make millions of dollars and anchor a great defense.I want to see Pacman come back still, but he needs to spend time in jail to reform. As a person whose been in jail and done bad sh*t going to jail helps reform you. In recent years I still get locked up over petty things but im a good person now but the government still fucks me from what I did when I was a kid. In pacmans case though its not the government f*cking him, its him f*cking himself.