Palin and Clinton on SNL (sort of)

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by The_Lillard_King, Sep 15, 2008.

1. The_Lillard_King

The_Lillard_King Westside

2. ABM

ABM Happily Married In Music City, USA!

Commercial Real Estate
  3. Tortimer

Tortimer Well-Known Member

Now that was really hilarious. Your right Tina Fey was dead on as Palin.

4. #1_War_Poet_ForLife

#1_War_Poet_ForLife The Baker of Cakes

Awesome. "I googled what it means, and I don't appreciate it"

5. The_Lillard_King

"and I can see Russia from my house"

it wasn't just the accent that Fey nailed . . . the look and mannerisms were right on.

So to start it out . . . is Palin just a package of one liners the Republicans have put out there, or will she make a good VP or even president. She would be the hottest female president the US has ever had : ) . . . would she be the hottest female country leader the world has ever seen?

6. Tortimer

It is hard to say. I know I really like her. I can tell you one thing she would make 10 times a better president then Biden IMO. I disagree with ever thing that he stands for and comes out of his mouth.

I did think the comment by Palin made about Obama doubting his choice of not picking Hillary for VP to be correct. Even though I'm not a Hillary fan I would have to admit they would win for sure and probably by a large margin.

I still think Obama will win but not by much. I have been arguing with my Son for the last few months. He has said all along that there is no way Obama will win. I have been telling him Obama is going to win big but I have slowly started to come over to his side. I'm not going into all the reasons he gives in this thread. He has a complete laid out set of reasons that I didn't agree with but now I can see it starting to make sense.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2008
  7. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    I've suggested this in the past, before McCain made his pick. He could have made maybe a huger splash pick if he reached across the aisle and offered the spot to Hillary.

Why he does it? 18M voters, change = less partisanship

Why she does it? She has a good shot to run as sitting VP if McCain (likely) won't run again in 2012. She doesn't seem to be that big a fan of Obama.

McCain/Clinton ticket might win by the biggest landslide in the popular vote ever. And blow away the old record.

8. The_Lillard_King

I'm not buying this whole Palin package of reform and small town values here to help fight for the American people.

At least I don't think I'm buying it . . . I do notice I have learned and been more intersted in Palin v. Biden. I can see why some are excited about her. If I just didn't get this feeling the republicans are trying to pull one over on me by making this political pick to get voters rather than thinking she is the best person for the VP job, I would probably be more open minded to her . . . but I keep think that is a republican gimmick (which might be a fair analysis of what republicans think about Obama)

9. The_Lillard_King

I thought the Palin pick made the election interesting . . . McCain picking Clinton would have blown the collective minds of the voters. Intersting thought, but I don't Clinton would have ever gone for it.

10. Denny Crane

Never lost a case
    I'm not so sure, GO. She seems more interested in being president than anything else. I didn't mention: why she does it - if Obama wins, she might have to wait until 2016.

11. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

I don't know if I believe this. I think she's pissed about losing, but I think they get along.

I bet if she KO'd him on Super Tuesday like she thought she was going to do, she would have picked Obama as VP.

12. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

I don't think McCain could have counted on Republican voters if he did that. She'd have the exact opposite effect on the base that Palin did. A third party candidate would probably pick up a lot of the red-state voters.

barfo

13. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    So...she worships Satan...

14. Denny Crane

Never lost a case
    Yeah, I thought of that. I figure that a lot of Republican voters simply wouldn't vote, or they'd truly hold their noses and vote for the Republican because... they alternative is even less attractive to them.

Then I did the math. If Hillary's 18M vote for McCain/Clinton, that'd leave only 32M or so total to vote for Obama/whoever. Both Kerry and Bush got close to 50M each, so topping that 32M by 10M or more seems likely.

15. barfo

We don't know that for sure. The other possibility is that she is Satan.

barfo

16. barfo

You are assuming, though, that everyone who voted for Hillary would prefer McCain/Clinton over Obama/Biden. I don't believe that for an instant.

barfo

17. Tortimer

I think McCain/Clinton would be interesting but in the end wouldn't work. McCain is getting the bump in the polls from firming up his base. Many republicans were not that happy with him. If McCain selected Clinton I dount he would get 25% of the republicans. They would vote Obama in a protest vote. Most Republicans hate Hillary. I think the Palin VP pulled back many republicans. I think Obama is going to win a close race but there are all those red states and now with Palin I think McCain will win many more then he would have.

I think Obama/Clinton would have been the unbeatable ticket IMO. I can see why Obama might not want Clinton but I bet he is having second thoughts now with Biden VP choice.

Glad to see you posting at S2 barfo.

18. barfo

I don't know about Obama/Clinton either. Hillary would have fired up the republican base just about as much as Palin did. Whereas no one hates Joe Biden.

barfo

19. BasX

BasX I Win

Dans la ville avec cette chute d'eau énorme
    awesome skit... awesome

20. Tortimer

Well I you can't say no one hates Biden. Out of all the people Obama could have picked Biden is the one person I dislike the most. I really can't stand anything about Biden. I can't listen to anything he says or stands for.

You probably are right Obama/Clinton would have fired up the republican base but it sure would also get almost every democrat vote and many independents.