Party in NY and everyone is welcome

Discussion in 'New York Knicks' started by knicks235, Jun 18, 2004.

1. knicks235

knicks235 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post"> Look for one big party after another this summer in New York. Al Iannazzone writes that Knicks President Isiah Thomas will call Bryant, as well as onetime Knick Marcus Camby and Rasheed Wallace. Thomas is also expected to contact restricted free agents Jamal Crawford, Quentin Richardson, Manu Ginobili, and Stromile Swift. </div>

the Full story

Isiah is on fireee but might be alitle out of his leauge with all these players who other teams want as well although i really think Crawford will be a knick if Kobe dosent jump on this opportunity

2. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

I guess It's offical, Isiah has offically lost his mind thinking these stars will want to play for a team that didn't even reach 500.

3. knicks235

knicks235 JBB JustBBall Member

i wouldent say he has gone crazy just he is overthinking at this point. What he is selling is not the under .500 knicks of last, he is selling the City of New york and i think that is a smart move, for instance the only reason Kobe is still a possibility for the knicks is the city and the opportunity that comes with the publicity,endoursements etc.With that said there is a chance of the knicks getting ONE of the players he is after, with the expeption with the knicks getting kobe then i feel Rasheed will follow and that is the only way i think Sheed will be in NY.

4. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Well I sort of agree with ALLnet SORT OF because you got to remember before van horn was traded and after the aquasition of marbury the team was on fire and isiah was making deal after deal. He probable wont get all of these players on the knicks, but I believe that do to his families needs sheed will be a knick next season, and I believe that crawford will be a knick as well. I think Kobe is either gona stay a laker or play for the clippers the knicks were a team he liked in 98' the team has changed so much since then back then they had great defense. Now they are just rebuilding and becoming athletic.

Swift I dont think would go to the knicks because so many teams are intrested in him and he would require a sign and trade deal since he is restricted requiring the knicks to give up alot of players they dont want to give up.

Camby I believe will remain a nugget he had a great season in the revival of the nuggets team this year and played a huge part in the nuggets team. He made a ton of huge plays vs us in the first round. Plus the knicks dont have roster room to sign him.

Q-Rich probable would become a knick if the offer was made to him even though he is restricted he plays for the clippers and besides last season sterling never matches huge contract offers to his players.

And lastly I dont think manu would be such a help to the knicks. He shoots 40 % and takes to many crazy shots. Plus he would want alot of cash and if the knicks plan on having players like wallace and swift they would require to give them alof if not all of there money under the cap.

5. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

so you expect Sheed to take the LLE? while Kobe takes the MLE? The only way Isiah will get any star player is via trade but even thats a long short considering the trade value on the Knicks roster.

6. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AllNet:</div><div class="quote_post">so you expect Sheed to take the LLE? while Kobe takes the MLE? The only way Isiah will get any star player is via trade but even thats a long short considering the trade value on the Knicks roster.</div>
    I expect sheed to come to the knicks only because of one thing his family obviously he is not saying he wants to go to new york to get more money out of the pistons since he said it since he was a blazer at the start of the year. Plus true new york couldnt offer him the biggest playing contract, but there are so many opertunities in the city. He could sign advertising contracts, do promotional stuff here, do so many stuff because of the huge media and plain out market of the new york city life.

In new york there is more stuff that would lead to like mabye a shoe deal since he has the talent and would be in a big city that would sell alot so he might attract a shoe deal. He would be advertised all over the city as someone who would help lead the team to the finals since he is just off a title.

7. TnNeG

TnNeG NFLC nflcentral.net Member

he justs wants to be a great as hes proven before

8. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Pure Skillz:</div><div class="quote_post">I expect sheed to come to the knicks only because of one thing his family obviously he is not saying he wants to go to new york to get more money out of the pistons since he said it since he was a blazer at the start of the year. Plus true new york couldnt offer him the biggest playing contract, but there are so many opertunities in the city. He could sign advertising contracts, do promotional stuff here, do so many stuff because of the huge media and plain out market of the new york city life.</div>

His family may like New York but from what I've heard also likes the Detroit area. His wife will have a big say in what he does but Sheed is still about two things

1-Winning
    2-Money

Detroit can give him both and New York can't.

Forget about all the shoe deals and promotional stuff he can do in NY. I somehow doubt he would care about that part of basketball. He has never seemed the type that does. He wants the money

Bottom line

I will be shocked if he leaves.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">In new york there is more stuff that would lead to like mabye a shoe deal since he has the talent and would be in a big city that would sell alot so he might attract a shoe deal. He would be advertised all over the city as someone who would help lead the team to the finals since he is just off a title.</div>

Shoe deals aren't something that seem to interest Rasheed that much. As for being advertised? he is doing just that in Detroit. The fans love him, the city loves him and his team-mates love him. He has everything he needs in Detroit, he's coming off a championship why leave that and the money just because New York is a nice place? not a wise idea.

9. polishtrain

polishtrain JBB JustBBall Member

Isiah is doing what he needs to do to put the Knicks back in serious contention for the championship. I personally hope that we sign Q-Rich, hes an exciting young player who is only getting better. And the Knicks need youth.

10. Rave

Rave JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting polishtrain:</div><div class="quote_post">Isiah is doing what he needs to do to put the Knicks back in serious contention for the championship. I personally hope that we sign Q-Rich, hes an exciting young player who is only getting better. And the Knicks need youth.</div>

Q-Rich has also proved inconsistent and tends to be nervous at times. Sometimes his shot selection can be terrible and he occasionally ends up forcing shots he could've easily made had he been open.

However I will not take anything away from him, great player, great potential, great guy. Thomas is trying to do too much, I feel soon your team might end up like the Blazers and a worse version of the great Grizzlies. Too many young players, either with potential or talent, not allowing good minutes and rotation. Thomas like Jordan should've retired as a player, he rarely did anything good for the Raptors, I see him doing the same with the Knicks.

Money's always a big issue, always has, always will be. The amount you'd offer to 'Sheed even if he still wanted to come would still have to be relatively high, he won't take the MLE. Also what do you think the consequences are of mending emotions like his and Marbury? Not good I can tell you that much.

11. polishtrain

polishtrain JBB JustBBall Member

I personally dont think Sheed will sign with the Knicks. He won a championship with the Pistons. He fits great with them so i think he might stay there.

12. kobe35plus

kobe35plus JBB JustBBall Member

We have the 5-mil exception so how do u expect we sign crawford and 'sheed...i would personally like to see sheed in NY...Nazr Mohammed and Rasheed Wallace would be the big two down low...how about Kurt Thomas to Dallas for Cash Considerations...i would NOT like to see Jamal Crawford in Ny...he is a shoot-first pg(he would b moved to the 2 guard) hoo would screw up this teams chemistry...on the chance of signing ginobli,swift, and camby...camby will re-sign with denver...and ginobli and swift will sign a fat long term contract