Patriots Allegedly Taped Rams Practice Before Super Bowl

Discussion in 'NFL General' started by DolfanDale, Feb 2, 2008.

1. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

I'd like to hear what Matt Walsh has to say. If the Patriots are so innocent, how about Kraft coming out and saying that Matt Walsh can say what he has to say without reprecussions from the Patriots. Here is the breaking story from ESPN.

2. BasX

BasX I Win

Dans la ville avec cette chute d'eau énorme
    great now pats will come out and destroy because someone said some bad about them
    damnit
    and where was he during the spygate controversy

3. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

I said it when it happened that all thier titles were tainted. It is nice that evidence is now coming out that the patriots and league cant squelch to protect themselves. Pats cheated thier way to every super victory. None of them count. Wipe the book clean of everything they accomplished.

4. playaofthegame

playaofthegame AYO ADRIEN!

So where were these guys in September when the story came out.....?

It just seems to me like they're looking for publicity with all the attention on the Patriots right now.

5. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

Matt Walsh's 2 cents

The timing is interesting, but, you knew this issue would resurface if the Pats made it this far.

Bf1 is 100% correct.

Am I the only one who thinks the league accepting whatever the Pats say as good enough is better than any conspiracy theory?

6. playaofthegame

playaofthegame AYO ADRIEN!

Well they don't seem to have any video evidence of this accusation from a former Pats employee that was fired.

Any former employee of a team could just call up the league office and tell them their former team cheated without any video proof. How is it a conspiracy theory? Honestly.....put this to rest. For God's sake.

7. BasX

BasX I Win

Dans la ville avec cette chute d'eau énorme
    this could get interesting, timing is awkward, but the media could jump all over this

8. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

This stuff is laughable at this point. Sure, it could be true but the timing kills any credibility in my eyes.

9. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

I'm not going to say whether they did cheat or not but all I'm going to say is that there is no way in hell that only the patriots did.

[​IMG]

10. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

Goddamnit, we didn't need an angry, fired up Pats team. What the hell's up with this timing?

11. The Return of the Raider

The Return of the Raider Active Member

There is no "timing" issue here. This is just more to remind us that their winning ways will forever be marked with an asterick, just as Barry Bonds home run titles, or the United States Anti-Doping Agency disqualifying Marion Jones of all her competitive results obtained after September 1, 2000. With New England being the face of the NFL, we can never expect that Roger Goodell to follow through on any real punishment for the Patsies. He has already proven that he won't come down on Kraft's franchise, when he destroyed damning evidence and tried to sweep the whole thing under earlier this year. $500,000 is nothing to Bill Belichek, as he will get whatever he wants from Kraft for the rest of his and his childrens lives. Go look at NFL.com. They are not talking about these issues, and trying to ignore all outside press that is attacking the credibility of Goodell's product. Goodell protects his own interests by ignoring it, just as Bud Selig ignored obvious signs of his league doping so widespread for so many years. Head in the sand. See no evil, hear no evil, there must be no evil.

The timing of these reports is to remind the public, during our annual football holiday, that the New England Patriots under Bill Belichek, are the biggest frauds in the history of professional sports.

12. The Return of the Raider

NE fans, just get used to this. There is so much smoke surrounding your franchise. Where there is smoke, there is fire. Be prepared to defend your team's credibility from now until the end of time. It should no longer surprise you that the public and government are bringing these issues up, because they are obviously true. Don't act so damn surprised, you homers.

13. The Return of the Raider

I got cookie crumbs all over my face, but no one can prove that I just ate cookies! lol

14. agoo

agoo Member

So where's the tape? Where's the guy saying definitively, "Yes, I did that"?

Also, where are the ex-Pats coming out of the wood work talking about this? There are many, many players out there who could give a shit about Belichick and his legacy and would gladly take a chance to take a shot at him. Bryan Cox, Drew Bledsoe, Lawyer Milloy, and Ty Law all left Belichick on less than happy terms, yet none of them have come out and said anything, with the exception of Bledsoe. Bledsoe came out and said that he was unaware of anything happening. This is significant because Bledsoe was extremely close with Brady all season and I cannot fathom a way that Brady would have any info that Bledsoe wouldn't also have. Furthermore, Eric Mangini was there. He would also have this information and probably would have jumped up with it.

If one of those guys said something, I'd be worried. If some guy who is an assistant golf pro is saying it, I'm not worried.

Show me a tape...until then, shut up.

15. GMJ

GMJ Suspended

God I hope this sticks. If they can take all the rings away from the Patriots it'd be a dream. There's only been one dynasty in the last 15 years, and those are the guys who did it with out cheating!*

*because cocaine doesn't make you a better player, hiyo

16. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticKing @ Feb 2 2008, 11:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I'm not going to say whether they did cheat or not but all I'm going to say is that there is no way in hell that only the patriots did.

[​IMG]</div>

I'm not going to say whether OJ killed someone, but all I'm going to say is that there is no way in hell he was the only who did.

Wait, that still makes him guilty, and he still deserves death penalty even though others did it. Guess that is a horribly flawed argument. You get caught, you take the punishment (Unless Goddell is the DA and destroys the evidence)

17. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

You can't compare cheating to killing. (one leads to death one leads to nothing)

Try again Bearsfan. [​IMG]

18. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

It's getting to the point where a report could state "An anonymous source close to God has confirmed that Bill Belichick is, in fact, Satan" and people would believe it. Don't you guys want to hear facts before you formulate an opinion? About 95% of the country hates Belichick and the Patriots, yet you put it past one of the many to throw some shit on the wall to see if it sticks? I would have totally believed this had it come out 19 weeks ago. Coming forward now just reeks of an attempt to bring attention away from the amazing season the Patriots have had, and to tarnish the legacy they are in the process of creating.

19. ehmunro

ehmunro Baddest Honky Mofo Around

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thrilla @ Feb 2 2008, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>This stuff is laughable at this point. Sure, it could be true but the timing kills any credibility in my eyes.</div>

Not merely laughable, but downright hilarious. Easterbrook should have consulted someone a little brighter before spinning this fairy tale. Apparently he forgot that the 2002 Superbowl was the first post-9/11 game and the security for the event was tighter than the security at the quadrennial Democratic and Republican presidential conventions. And yet somehow someone that wasn't supposed to be there snuck in with a camera and evaded the notice of dozens and dozens of security people? Sure Greg. It's really convincing. This before addressing the fact that the Rams walkthrough was red zone plays, and they scored during their only trip in the red zone. So obviously the mythical tape didn't help that much.

The Rams lost that Superbowl because Martz stopped giving the ball to Marshall Faulk and decided to throw into the teeth of the Patriots nickel and dime packages all night long. It was the worst coaching decision this side of Holmgren's decision to stop giving the ball to Dorsey Levens in Superbowl XXXII (something that I'll never forgive him for, that should have been the Packers fourth Superbowl win). Faulk was eating the Patriots alive in the first quarter, but New England couldn't stop him and the passing attack, so they elected to take the air game away and make the Rams beat them on the ground. But a slower paced ground game victory apparently wasn't enough for Martz. He wanted the Greatest Show on Turf to shine. And he lost the game as a result because the Patriots flooded the passing zones with DBs. Of course, insanely bitter and deranged Dolphins fans will seize on this like a fat man on a steak bomb. But in the end it's still a laughable tale.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Return of the Raider)</div><div class='quotemain'>He has already proven that he won't come down on Kraft's franchise, when he destroyed damning evidence and tried to sweep the whole thing under earlier this year.</div>

You're reading way too much Easterbrook here. The NFL demanded all of the Patriots sideline footage for the last two years (the period of time that the practise was illegal) so that it could be destroyed. They made it very clear from the outset that they wanted the original videotapes so that they could verify destruction so that New England couldn't use them. Everyone knows what was on the tapes, we saw the footage from the Jets game. As the Patriots didn't participate in the 2007 Superbowl, there would be no "Superbowl videotape". Just sideline video from the last two years. Nothing "damning". No secret plotting with Al-Qaaeda, no discussions of their involvement with the Kennedy assassinations. Just sideline video like the stuff you already saw.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GMJigga)</div><div class='quotemain'>There's only been one dynasty in the last 15 years, and those are the guys who did it with out cheating!*

*because cocaine doesn't make you a better player, hiyo</div>

In the first place, if you don't believe that the steroids were flowing in that locker room, I've got some great land in southern Georgia that you can buy. In reference to Irvin's drug habits, cocaine does inhibit pain receptors, so it would indeed help a player if used judiciously. [​IMG]

20. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticKing @ Feb 3 2008, 09:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>You can't compare cheating to killing. (one leads to death one leads to nothing)

Try again Bearsfan. [​IMG]</div>

Actually, i can and did compare cheating to killing
    One leads to death adn the other was the sole reason for 3 NE super bowl wins.