Patriots in a blowout

Discussion in 'NFC East' started by Tuna, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Tuna

Tuna nfl-*****s member

Being awed by the sheer magnitude of the occasion and the reality that they haven't faced nearly the caliber of team the Patriots are will lead to a massacre of the eagles in the Super Bowl. I'll go out on a limb and say that by the end of the third quarter the score is 31-9. I give the eagles 9 because they have a good kicker. owens wont play and all this stuff about he will play is just to make the Patriots think he MIGHT play. Belichick is to smart for that though. Enjoy the hype and all the partys eagle fans because its crying time again real soon. After the Patriots have the game well in hand they may let up and give philly a garbage score to make it closer than it really was. If you think I'm just an eagles hater your right but actually I wouldn't mind if they won because then the Cowboys record of three Super Bowls in four years would be safe. I dont see it happening though. Well back to work for me. I have missed posting but I work all the time now. Later

2. Steelerfan_2005

Steelerfan_2005 The Peacekeeper XL

I'm with you on this Tuna. After watching the Patriots dominate the league over the last 3 seasons, it would be hard to imagine Philly keeping up. I will be rooting against the Patriots as well because you gotta like the underdog, but it would be hard to imagine them really playing a close game.

Maybe we'll be surprised... probably not though. I'm not even sure I'm going to watch the game.

3. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tuna)</div><div class='quotemain'>owens wont play and all this stuff about he will play is just to make the Patriots think he MIGHT play. Belichick is to smart for that though.</div>

I can guarantee that TO playing is smoke & mirrors. Reid is not stupid.

Belichick IMO has contigency plans for his contingency plans. There are Rams fans who still believe they would've won had Martz utilized Faulk more 3 yrs ago. I can guarantee that BB had a plan in place for that.

The game will not be a blowout but it won't be as close as last year.

4. nflfan04

nflfan04 Dazed and Confused

it wont be a blowout. it will be as close as last year. patriots wont win this year.

5. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nflfan04)</div><div class='quotemain'>it wont be a blowout. it will be as close as last year. patriots wont win this year.</div>

You said last week it would be a blowout!, make up your mind [​IMG]

6. nflfan04

well yea... but sinmce the game hasnt officially begun, im allowed to change my mind as frequently as i want. but this is going to stay.

7. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nflfan04)</div><div class='quotemain'>well yea... but sinmce the game hasnt officially begun, im allowed to change my mind as frequently as i want. but this is going to stay.</div>

Great, me too then, right now i think bears are going to win, the league will realize how much deserving they are than eagles, sub them in, and they will pull off upset

8. nflfan04

ok, go for it... atleast my prediction has a better chance to happen.

9. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nflfan04)</div><div class='quotemain'>ok, go for it... atleast my prediction has a better chance to happen.</div>

well, that was what i predicted to you, you stole my prediction!!! I had no where else to go!!

10. T.Oforphil81

T.Oforphil81 nfl-*****s member

Ok listen this is exactly what i am talking about the eagles have been put down all playoffs. With questions like how will they stop moss and culpepper. How will they stop micheal vick. Well here is another question how will they get past the patriots defense. And we will answer that like we answered all the other ones. So go ahead root againstthe eagles it just gives us more hype. And what are you talking About T.O wont play He is going to begin practicing soon so you need to put that ohhh this is just to make belicheck scared to rest because he will play. Hell he was going to play last game. And you guys need to stop with this blowout no one gives eagles respect no one. I bet tuna that you only want eages to loose because they are your rivals i have a brother who likes the cowboys and he says that too but inside he just realy hates the eagles. But thats alright you guys will respect them when they beat one of the most dominant teams ever the patriots in the superbowl.

11. nflfan04

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (T.Oforphil81)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hell he was going to play last game.</div>

he wasnt gonna play, he told that to mora as a joke. and everyone says he shouldnt risk it for one game. we made it through the playoffs without him, well live in the SB w/o him.

12. T.Oforphil81

Yes he was it was reids and the doctors idea to not let him play. He wanted to play but was told by the team doctors and reaid that he should not risk it.

13. Tuna

Tuna nfl-*****s member

Who have you guys played that is even close to the caliber of team the Pats are? For cryin' out loud, yea I cant stand the eagles, but its because they have given us fits over the years, why would I like 'em?. I dont have anything personal against philly people or anything even close to it, heck I even know what it feels like to lose four straight NFC championship games, we did that starting in the late 70's and early eighties. My prediction is based on how you guys rely on pressuring the QB to produce turnovers and other mistakes that gives your offense extra chances to score. The Pats have an answer for that and its a little heralded offensive line that protects Brady and opens holes for Dillon. Once you guys are behind then donavan mcnuthin goes apeshit and throws the ball everywhere except to his guys and then boom before you know it........BLOWOUT! The real killer for philly is that the Pats make NO errors, I mean none. They are a machine and this is the big stage where they have a chance to join the Packers, Steelers, 9'er and yours trulys Dallas Cowboys as among the greatest teams ever assembled. So, do you actually think, even for a second, that they are gonna choke somehow, after being in the big show and proving time after time that they DONT choke? No way, this game isnt being played in the ice and snow where your slow receivers have a chance.Your team is not as talented or as seasoned as the Pats. Congrats on the trip to the Super Bowl, you guys earned it and I truly hope you guys win so our record is safe, but it just dont seem possible. Heck I gotta go get some sleep, I wont get to watch the game either. Later

14. T.Oforphil81

Well yes we have given fits but only because our team was good enough to go to the superbowl its just a fact that our recivers and qb chocked when they should not have. I mean before last years nfc championship i never even heard of ricky maning Jr. And this game is not about choocking i dont belive that pats will choke its just i think that phila wants it more and will do anything to get it. And how do you say patriots make no mistakes what are they not human yes they do mistakes and how do they make mistakes its easy when cory dillion is shut down brady has to throw and throw and throw. And trust me dillion will get shhut down. Yes eagles do give up alot of yards on the run but do we give up TDs no. And o yea wide recivers are slow now i forgot you make no sense how are recivers slow yeah pinkston is a b!tch and will drop the ball if there is a person near him but if u throw to him on the sideline then he picks up alot of yards. And how could i forget 4th and 26 freddie mitchel the peoples champ i dont know about you but he is pretty good. And add terrel owens in that bunch who is already practicing. T.O sucks i forgot listen his hands are not hurt. And if bellicheck puts 1 man on him i will laugh because then T.O will be catching that ball. And even if he is not 100 percent or even 80 a terrel owens suited up brings a whole new personality to the eagles.

15. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (T.Oforphil81)</div><div class='quotemain'>i think that phila wants it more and will do anything to get it.</div>

Desire is important but its execution that really counts. No one can excute the like the Pats.

16. Steelerfan_2005

Steelerfan_2005 The Peacekeeper XL

Great point BA. I think Pittsburgh had all desire, but little execution when it mattered. And I don't even think the Pats had all that much passion, they just executed to a level of near perfection.

17. Eagles4Life

Eagles4Life He Hate Me

The great thing about this Super Bowl, that for once the best two teams in the league are going to play. I dont think it will be a blowout either way, both of the teams are well coached and neither teams really makes mistakes. Take a look position by position, and you will see how even these teams are. I am not being a unrealistic Eagles fan, but when you say that the Patriots are head and shoulders better then the Eagles, thats just not true. They are both really good teams, and the game should be a lot of fun, I cannot wait.

18. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Eagles4Life)</div><div class='quotemain'>The great thing about this Super Bowl, that for once the best two teams in the league are going to play.</div>
    Best 2 teams in league already played, Pats vs Steelers

19. nflfan04

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (T.Oforphil81)</div><div class='quotemain'>And how could i forget 4th and 26</div>

please stop bringing this uop!!!! yes i loved ther play but it was last year n it has nothing to do with this year. plus it was one play.

it was only one play, must it be in every one of your posts?

oh yea, BA, love to see the old dolphin back as your avator.

20. JustBry07

JustBry07 The Underdog

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Eagles4Life)</div><div class='quotemain'>The great thing about this Super Bowl, that for once the best two teams in the league are going to play.</div>
    Best 2 teams in league already played, Pats vs Steelers</div>

I second that.