Pats defense just got better

Discussion in 'NFC East' started by Tuna, Feb 2, 2005.

1. Tuna

Tuna nfl-*****s member

Richard Seymour has made the Pro Bowl team three out if the last four years and has been cleared to play Sunday after being injured for three weeks. I saw where T.O. guarantees he will play Sunday but you have to wonder how much he can contribute or if he is just a decoy of some sort. He may have to contribute after Rodney Harrison knocks freddie bitchell out of the game. I wish I could be off to see Brady slice and dice phillys all out blitz schemes to shreds. All I can say is they better get there or it will get ugly quick for the eagles. Pats 31-9

2. TOMW74

TOMW74 nfl-*****s member

yeah go pats... can't wait for sunday. good luck eagles you will need it.

3. bakes781

bakes781 nfl-*****s member

wow Tuna that's almost identical to my prediction:

pats 31
    eagles 10

4. Eagles4Life

Eagles4Life He Hate Me

I love this, no respect for the Eagles. You guys are in for a shocker on Sunday. There is NO WAY IN HELL the Patriots will win by 3 TD's.

5. TOMW74

TOMW74 nfl-*****s member

and what if they do? there is a possiblity that they could. there are a lot of teams and fans that thought the pats couldn't beat there team and of course most of those teams are playing golf now. i the eagles are a great NFC team, i just don't think they will beat the pats.

6. T.Oforphil81

T.Oforphil81 nfl-*****s member

Yes this is what i am talking about the patriots give no respect for the eagles nor do there fans and you know it. You think you got it easy and that you will walk right over the eagles but what you dont understand is we can shut down running teams and we are awsome at stopping the pass so you know what i say to brady i dare him to try and throw an 87 yard pass on us. The colts where not mentally ready and look at pitsburg they did not even deserve to be there. So i think that pats will have their hands full now. Reid is 9-0 coming off a bye. And guess what T.O is back babby what did i say. And T.O will be a factor i dont see how you think he wont his number teriffies people when they see it. So dont think he is out there to pull off some defenders cause he is not i think if they said that to him he would not even try to play but because he is giving the okay to go for it he will be very physical and he will try to score some touch downs. And i hear you Eagles4Life i love the no respect to. And the pats better pray that this guy Hodge does not pick the patriots to win. Just so you know this hoge guy predicted that the eagles would not make it to the playoffs. That they would loose to Minosota and to atlanta. he also picked pitsburg in the game against pats. lol he is an idiot if he goes against the eagles i garentee the eagles will win.

7. TOMW74

TOMW74 nfl-*****s member

all i have to say is that the eagles in the regular season were 12th in pass yrds allowed per game with 200 yrds. and 16th for rush yrds allowed per game with 118.9. now if they let brady throw for 200 + yards and dillon run for 118.9 yrds, then it's going to be a long day for the eagles and there fans. i think it's going to be a great game and i can't wait for it to start. i am sure it will be close and a hard fought game. good luck to your eagles, i think they are going to need it.

8. bakes781

We're confident & if u look at it from ANY angle u should understand why. Not only do we have the experience & coaching, we also have a simply more talented team.

At the start of the game who do you think is more likely to become nervous & potentially overwhelmed? The reigning SB MVP or the guy who?s making his very first SB appearance?

The majority of the core players from the 2 previous SB victories are returning for their 3rd. For Tedy Bruschi it will be his 4th. He?s experienced both sides so he knows what it feels like to lose a SB. The players also know what to expect during the 2 week hype prior to game time. Most of the Eagles players will be experiencing all of that for the very first time.

Defying all the experts Belichick managed to shut down Manning & found a weakness in the Pitt defense. No one comes into a game more prepared than BB. He?s all about business this week & his players reflect that same attitude. We come off as cocky b/c we KNOW the players won?t be. They don?t overlook any opponent. And they certainly don?t make stupid remarks about the other team to the media leading up to a game.

This year?s Pats team is the best of all b/c they have made additions like Traylor & Dillon. They?ve continuously drafted well with the likes of Branch, Graham, Samuel, Wilson, Warren & Wilfork. They?ve got the greatest FG of all hands down and the most poised QB.

U wanna discredit our wins over Indy & Pitt. Yet b4 the playoffs began I seriously doubt u were expecting NE to be here. Not after the season Manning had. Not after u lost 27-3 to Pitt. Especially w/o Law & Seymour, but we r & not by luck either. Our team is a proven winner. What do u have to show for? Congrats u made it past little league. Now u get to play with the big boys.

9. BrianWestbrook

BrianWestbrook nfl-*****s member

I actually predicted NE vs Philly in the SB before week 1 started, it wasn't that hard.

Anyway, the only angles you provided there was a great kicker, coach, and experience. We have the 2nd most accurate kicker in NFL history I believe, and a coach tied for the most wins in the past 4 years. The Pats have experience, and everyone has been saying that is what is going to win them a game. Go ahead Patriots, rely on your experience in the SB, not your skill, it'll definetly win you a game. The Super Bowl is the Super Bowl, no matter how many times you've been there. A game is a game, now many how many times you've played it, there's always chances to screw up.

10. T.Oforphil81

This is exeactly what i am talking about you say that your team is way better than the eagles but i do not think that is true. When it comes down yes are stats are up at 12 and 16 and that is with trotter just playing half the season you do not notice that trotter was only in half the season. Also you give no credit to the eagles like they are not a football team like they do not know how to practice for a big game they have done it for 4 years. Your defense has seen peyton and the colts but the colts did not play right they were throwing screens when they have the ability to throw laterally. And yes u did find a way to get through that pitts d but the pits O did not do anything thats why they lost. But you have not faced T.O and the eagles. So you can say u are the best now but its not true not yet at least. Also you say that we have done nothing thats were the no respect comes in play. Well i have said it once and i will say it again u have the right not respect someone but thats just how they are going to treat you. The eagles know how the patriots are treating them and thts all the more reason to get them psyched up.

11. JustBry07

JustBry07 The Underdog

Those are all the exact same things I was saying about the Falcons before they lost to the Eagles, how they were the under dog for the game, get no credit, and it would just give them more of a reason to come out pumped up for the game and then just tune the Eagles. Look what happened with that theory of mine though. Its the same one many Eagles fans are now having, dont be so sure of yourself on this one, 'cause later you will be kicking yourself. Look at my fuckin signature, that says enough.

If the Patriots dont win I will be very surprised, if Eagles win okay maybe then I will give them credit. Still bitter though.

12. T.Oforphil81

Listen the difference is that we do not have an overated QB like vick our QB posses 2 threats yours posses 1. Which will make it harder for pats to stop mcnabb. the falcons have a verry good D-line. But their D is not as good as the eagles. Now i know this is not that kind of theory.

13. JustBry07

JustBry07 The Underdog

You dont have an overrated QB and neither do the Falcons. Once upon a time McNabb wasnt too welcomed in Philadelphia if I remember correctly. Now I'm sure none of the Eagles fans would admit to that today after his success. He took a lot of criticism then but now look at him, give Vick the chance to do the same before you call him overrated.

14. TOMW74

TOMW74 nfl-*****s member

vick and mcnnab are great QB's and they both can run and throw the ball well, but rememeber the eagles stopped vick from running around so the pats can stop mcnnabb as well, bill can really create some plays to stop what the other team does best. and it's so much fun to watch as a pats fan. now when bill was coaching for the jets if you remember they killed new england and showed everyone else in the leage how to do it and that season ended very badly for bledsoe. now that he is the pats coach it's oh so nice.

15. bakes781

I was referring to after the regular season, but if u wanna know what I predicted it was Sea vs NE & I stuck with that after the regular season. So I give credit to the Eagles for making it this far especially w/o T.O. However where my disrespect lies is with the NFC as a whole. So as far as I'm concerned u haven't really beaten anybody of value, at least not in comparison to what the Pats have done. If the Colts had done what every expert expected they'd be 14 pt favorites in the SB for sure. Your D is sum where in between Indy's & Pitt's IMO. It's good but it's certainly not great. I believe it can be run on & that will be the game plan for NE.

16. T.Oforphil81

Mcnabb does not run as often as vick mcnabb scrambles. Everybody says they can stop mcnabb but its harder than they think. Mcnabb whants to be a pocket passer so he will be passing. But when you prsure him he will run but only in the pocket. And that is the pats gameplan and eagles know that and you will be suprised to see what happens when they try to run on us. We stopped the number 1 rushing tezam just so you know. So think about them stats for a little bit and figure out what we can do to the number7 rushing defense so bring it on.