Pats in '06

Discussion in 'AFC East' started by bakes781, Jan 2, 2007.

1. bakes781

bakes781 nfl-*****s member

New England finished 12-4 claiming it's 4th division title. They finished with the 3rd highest total points scored at 385 & 2nd to only Baltimore in total points allowed at 237 in the AFC. Pretty good for a team that lost Vinatieri, Branch, Givens & McGinest in the offseason. [​IMG]

2. Phinsuck

Phinsuck nfl-*****s member

I'm surprised the other guys around here haven't destroyed this thread yet. Pats accomplishments are shunned by the league and its fans these days. Nobody likes success unless it is happening to them.

3. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

Congrats to Patriots fans on another great year. I don't really have anything against the Patriots, but I am getting tired of seeing them Every. Single. Year. They're reminding me of the 80's 49'ers.

Good luck in the playoffs. Especially if, for some random reason, you end up playing the Colts. [​IMG]

4. DP

DP He shoots, he scores!

Another year >.<

5. bakes781

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pack Attack)</div><div class='quotemain'>Congrats to Patriots fans on another great year. I don't really have anything against the Patriots, but I am getting tired of seeing them Every. Single. Year. They're reminding me of the 80's 49'ers.

Good luck in the playoffs. Especially if, for some random reason, you end up playing the Colts. [​IMG]</div>
    Yeah but that was an era in which you could outspend your competition. Heck this year the Pats are playing under the cap. Credit to Kraft the greatest owner today IMO.

6. Phinsuck

I don't like to brag but the Pats are a damn good team. They lose key players frequently and yet they have still made the playoffs 5 of the last 6 years. As much as I would like to see them get ring #4 this year, I'm still proud of them for remaining a good team. We'll see what happens but I am excited about the playoffs, especially because they are flying WELL under the radar once again.

7. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bakes781)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pack Attack)</div><div class='quotemain'>Congrats to Patriots fans on another great year. I don't really have anything against the Patriots, but I am getting tired of seeing them Every. Single. Year. They're reminding me of the 80's 49'ers.

Good luck in the playoffs. Especially if, for some random reason, you end up playing the Colts. [​IMG]</div>
    Yeah but that was an era in which you could outspend your competition. Heck this year the Pats are playing under the cap. Credit to Kraft the greatest owner today IMO.</div>
    Shouldn't that credit go to Scott Pioli?

8. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pats_Fan420)</div><div class='quotemain'>I don't like to brag but the Pats are a damn good team. They lose key players frequently and yet they have still made the playoffs 5 of the last 6 years. As much as I would like to see them get ring #4 this year, I'm still proud of them for remaining a good team. We'll see what happens but I am excited about the playoffs, especially because they are flying WELL under the radar once again.</div>
    Is there someone saying that the Patriots aren't any good? I just don't think the Pats are as good as when they won their Super Bowls. I think the Chargers are the team to beat, in the AFC, going into the playoffs. I think any of the teams in the playoffs are capable of beating the Pats on any given Sunday. Personally, I don't really care who wins between the Jets and Pats. I just hope that they beat the crap out of each other, so the winner is easy pickings for their next opponent. [​IMG] Seriously, you should be proud of your team. I don't have a problem with that. I would lose a little respect if you guys were declaring that the Jets had no business being on the same field with you.

9. Phinsuck

I won't go quite that far but I really do feel like the Pats have a decent advantage in this game. I am impressed with what the Jets have done this season but I think the Pats are the better team any given Sunday. I guess we'll see if I'm right or not this Sunday.

10. Phinsuck

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DolfanDale)</div><div class='quotemain'>Is there someone saying that the Patriots aren't any good?</div>
    Oops, I forgot to reply to that part also. The media is down on them as usual and hardly anyone is picking them to beat the Jets on the various boards I post on so I don't know. Actions speak louder so, yeah, I would say that people are thinking the Pats aren't that good. I'm sure they aren't thinking they are "Raiders bad" but they don't seem to think they will make it far in the playoffs either. I'm honestly thinking it will be the Pats and Ravens in the AFC Championship but anything can happen. For all I know it could be the Chiefs and Jets with the way this season has gone, lol.

11. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

I'm not discounting the Pats even though I do think the Chargers are the front runners. I wouldn't take a lack of talk about how good the Pats are as being a putdown so much as people expect them to field a good football team.

I think the Jets and Pats are pretty evenly matched going into this game. The Pats won one game by 7 and the Jets won the other game by 3. I'm not sure that homefield advantage has the same value for the Patriots as it has in the past. Still, I do think that Brady is the most clutch QB in the game today, so who knows?

12. cubuffsman78

cubuffsman78 nfl-*****s member

Home field advantage means less this season in the NFL as a whole than it ever has in any other season. Home teams lost less than 50% of their games for the 1st time in NFL history. Only 10 teams in the NFL finished with a winning record at home.

13. bakes781

I think there is something to be said for the new field turf playing a role. The old field conditions were probably at their worst in that last Jets game. I think Brady will have a lot more confidence going into this one knowing he can plant his foot without having to worry about slipping & sliding.

14. Phinsuck

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bakes781)</div><div class='quotemain'>I think there is something to be said for the new field turf playing a role. The old field conditions were probably at their worst in that last Jets game. I think Brady will have a lot more confidence going into this one knowing he can plant his foot without having to worry about slipping & sliding.</div>
    When I hear things about the field conditions, even though they were bad, it makes me wonder why the Jets didn't have many problems since they were playing on the same field at the same time we were. They seemed to be just fine on both offense and defense so that leads me to believe that the Pats were simply out-played because the Jets players played better, not because the field hindered them.

15. bakes781

That's true & Mangenius had a great scheme that had Brady confused, but you know the old saying fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me. It won't happen this time. Book it! [​IMG]