Pats v. Bears

Discussion in 'AFC East' started by bakes781, Nov 22, 2006.

1. bakes781

bakes781 nfl-*****s member

The last time a game between these 2 franchises had any significant meaning was 20 years ago in SB XX. We all know how that ended. :reallysick:

I look for a much different result on Sunday. The comparisons to the 85 Bears D have been a plenty this season, but I believe there are weaknesses in the secondary. The offense has struggled in recent games & if New England can jump out to a lead early I think Rex will find it very difficult to have time to pass on the Pats front 4. Turnovers are obviously key to hanging on to any sort of a lead against Chicago. Should be a great game, but despite all of BF1's proclaimations of this team being a fraud I like the Pats.

Pats 20
    Bears 17

2. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bakes781)</div><div class='quotemain'>The last time a game between these 2 franchises had any significant meaning was 20 years ago in SB XX. We all know how that ended. :reallysick:

I look for a much different result on Sunday. The comparisons to the 85 Bears D have been a plenty this season, but I believe there are weaknesses in the secondary. The offense has struggled in recent games & if New England can jump out to a lead early I think Rex will find it very difficult to have time to pass on the Pats front 4. Turnovers are obviously key to hanging on to any sort of a lead against Chicago. Should be a great game, but despite all of BF1's proclaimations of this team being a fraud I like the Pats.

Pats 20
    Bears 17</div>
    Ok, i have won other bets. We can make lifetime sig bet. You in?

3. bakes781

bakes781 nfl-*****s member

Sure let's do it!

4. Bears#1Fan

Bears#1Fan nfl-*****s member

I think this is going to be chicagos greatest challenge of the season.. and the only game that concerns me.. NE is a very very good team.. Chicago is a very very good team.. but this one for me is a toss up.. they are saying this could be the a SB preview

5. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bakes781)</div><div class='quotemain'>Sure let's do it!</div>
    This post cracks me up because when Bakes signature follows it, it looks like Belichick is terribly distressed about it.

6. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DolfanDale)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bakes781)</div><div class='quotemain'>Sure let's do it!</div>
    This post cracks me up because when Bakes signature follows it, it looks like Belichick is terribly distressed about it.</div>
    Dont worry, soon his sig will be the super bowl shuffle!

7. The Return of the Raider

The Return of the Raider Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bears#1Fan)</div><div class='quotemain'>I think this is going to be chicagos greatest challenge of the season.. and the only game that concerns me.. NE is a very very good team.. Chicago is a very very good team.. but this one for me is a toss up.. they are saying this could be the a SB preview</div>
    This will be the 3rd road game in a row for Chicago. Other than the past two victories and this game coming up in NE, they have enjoyed what is probably the most cupcake schedule for any of the remaining playoff contenders. So, yes, this is Chicago's biggest challenge of the year. Oh, and they will not reach the Superbowl, because they will likely face a Seattle team that has Shaun Alexander and a Dallas team that is now led by Tony Romo. Really, the only NFC *contender* that they can beat are the NYG this January.

8. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Return of the Raider)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bears#1Fan)</div><div class='quotemain'>I think this is going to be chicagos greatest challenge of the season.. and the only game that concerns me.. NE is a very very good team.. Chicago is a very very good team.. but this one for me is a toss up.. they are saying this could be the a SB preview</div>
    This will be the 3rd road game in a row for Chicago. Other than the past two victories and this game coming up in NE, they have enjoyed what is probably the most cupcake schedule for any of the remaining playoff contenders. So, yes, this is Chicago's biggest challenge of the year. Oh, and they will not reach the Superbowl, because they will likely face a Seattle team that has Shaun Alexander and a Dallas team that is now led by Tony Romo. Really, the only NFC *contender* that they can beat are the NYG this January.</div>
    Did someone forget The Panthers?

The key to this game is pressuring Grossman. If Miami can do it practically anyone can.

9. The Return of the Raider

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (blackadder)</div><div class='quotemain'>Did someone forget The Panthers?</div>
    <raises hand>

10. CanadianFavreFan

CanadianFavreFan nfl-*****s member

I also think the pressure on Grossman will be a big part determining what he'll do as it seems if he has time right now the Pats secondary is their weakness. I know Farve was terrible but there were guys open he just was brutal. The Pats D is dependant on their front 7 which are awesome. On D if Brady tries to do to much like he did against the Colts it could be him who looks like the young QB.
    I think Bears 23-17

11. Bears#1Fan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Return of the Raider)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bears#1Fan)</div><div class='quotemain'>I think this is going to be chicagos greatest challenge of the season.. and the only game that concerns me.. NE is a very very good team.. Chicago is a very very good team.. but this one for me is a toss up.. they are saying this could be the a SB preview</div>
    This will be the 3rd road game in a row for Chicago. Other than the past two victories and this game coming up in NE, they have enjoyed what is probably the most cupcake schedule for any of the remaining playoff contenders. So, yes, this is Chicago's biggest challenge of the year. Oh, and they will not reach the Superbowl, because they will likely face a Seattle team that has Shaun Alexander and a Dallas team that is now led by Tony Romo. Really, the only NFC *contender* that they can beat are the NYG this January.</div>
    so Shaun Alexander would have made up the 31 points they lost to us by the first time???? Really that means that SA is the greatest RB of all time... Oh wait SA was playing in the SF game and lost.. oh wait lemme guess no MH must be why they lost to the niners... Seattle is a freaking Joke their Defense sucks.. Not even SA could have saved them from the 37-6 trouncing the bears gave them.. Dallas has looked good from recent games and if u bring up an old thread before seasons start i picked Dallas to go to the SB.. But they will have to Play in chicago if they want to make it

12. The Return of the Raider

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bears#1Fan)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Return of the Raider)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bears#1Fan)</div><div class='quotemain'>I think this is going to be chicagos greatest challenge of the season.. and the only game that concerns me.. NE is a very very good team.. Chicago is a very very good team.. but this one for me is a toss up.. they are saying this could be the a SB preview</div>
    so Shaun Alexander would have made up the 31 points they lost to us by the first time???? Really that means that SA is the greatest RB of all time... Oh wait SA was playing in the SF game and lost.. oh wait lemme guess no MH must be why they lost to the niners... Seattle is a freaking Joke their Defense sucks.. Not even SA could have saved them from the 37-6 trouncing the bears gave them.. Dallas has looked good from recent games and if u bring up an old thread before seasons start i picked Dallas to go to the SB.. But they will have to Play in chicago if they want to make it</div>
    sigh. Come on man, take a deep breath and relax.

Alexander and Hasselbeck playing means that they are not going 3 and out. It means that they are gaining first downs, moving the ball, and keeping the Bears offense off the field, gaining time of possession while they score on them. Nevermind the fact that Alexander is capable of scoring 5 td's in a single game. So, yes, I believe that if Seattle had their best offensive players on the field, the outcome would be vastly different. Having either of them out changes their whole game plan, etc.

13. Bears#1Fan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Return of the Raider)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bears#1Fan)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Return of the Raider)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    so Shaun Alexander would have made up the 31 points they lost to us by the first time???? Really that means that SA is the greatest RB of all time... Oh wait SA was playing in the SF game and lost.. oh wait lemme guess no MH must be why they lost to the niners... Seattle is a freaking Joke their Defense sucks.. Not even SA could have saved them from the 37-6 trouncing the bears gave them.. Dallas has looked good from recent games and if u bring up an old thread before seasons start i picked Dallas to go to the SB.. But they will have to Play in chicago if they want to make it</div>

Alexander and Hasselbeck playing means that they are not going 3 and out. It means that they are gaining first downs, moving the ball, and keeping the Bears offense off the field, gaining time of possession while they score on them. Nevermind the fact that Alexander is capable of scoring 5 td's in a single game. So, yes, I believe that if Seattle had their best offensive players on the field, the outcome would be vastly different. Having either of them out changes their whole game plan, etc.</div>
    Wow how little respect chicago gets.. always a freaking excuse why chicago is winning and not losing ball games.. We pounded seattles dick in the dirt but yet its because SA wasn't there not that his ass did much in the previous games he played in.. But it would have been different.. But seattle must be so awsome since they play in a division with Arizona, SF, and the rams.. and are what 1 game ahead??? But no worries your right Seattle rules and chicago sucks.. cause 9-1 is just a cupcake scheduele.. despite beating seattle 37-6 beating the giants by 18.. Pounding SF 40-10 pounding Buffalo, Rippinf GB and detroit.. winning a close one to minn.. oh and losing to miaimi.. But ya know what Seattle struggled on your dismal ass team.. But your right seattle is far more superior

14. The Return of the Raider

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bears#1Fan)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Return of the Raider)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bears#1Fan)</div><div class='quotemain'>

Alexander and Hasselbeck playing means that they are not going 3 and out. It means that they are gaining first downs, moving the ball, and keeping the Bears offense off the field, gaining time of possession while they score on them. Nevermind the fact that Alexander is capable of scoring 5 td's in a single game. So, yes, I believe that if Seattle had their best offensive players on the field, the outcome would be vastly different. Having either of them out changes their whole game plan, etc.</div>
    Wow how little respect chicago gets.. always a freaking excuse why chicago is winning and not losing ball games.. We pounded seattles dick in the dirt but yet its because SA wasn't there not that his ass did much in the previous games he played in.. But it would have been different.. But seattle must be so awsome since they play in a division with Arizona, SF, and the rams.. and are what 1 game ahead??? But no worries your right Seattle rules and chicago sucks.. cause 9-1 is just a cupcake scheduele.. despite beating seattle 37-6 beating the giants by 18.. Pounding SF 40-10 pounding Buffalo, Rippinf GB and detroit.. winning a close one to minn.. oh and losing to miaimi.. But ya know what Seattle struggled on your dismal ass team.. But your right seattle is far more superior</div>
    If Chicago beats the Patriots on the road, then they are for real, and I would have to agree that they are the class of the NFL at this time.

This isn't college football, how bad you run up the score on someone else does not reflect how powerful your team is, or whether or not you will reach a bowl. The Steelers ripped the Chiefs while Trent Green was injured , somethign like 28-0. Which of those two teams do you think has a better shot at the playoffs? KC does at this time.

Chicago is also playing in a division of pure garbage.

Chicago went 13-3 a few years ago and got knocked out of the playoffs in their first game, despite getting the first round bye. Why would a 13-3 team get bounced so fast? you guessed it, a cupcake schedule.

Leave my dismal ass team out of this conversation.

Seattle is not far superior, I actually believe that Chicago has closed the gap on them, but not completely. They will settle it in a couple months.

15. CanadianFavreFan

CanadianFavreFan nfl-*****s member

I will agree Chicago has a hard time getting respect. I was one who said if they beat Seattle they're the class of the NFC. They did and I don't care how but I've stuck with it. Problem is a lot of people who also said that keep changing their mind. First it was if they beat Seattle they're for real. Then it was they had to beat the Giants. Now it's the Pats. If people don't respect them now I don't think the Pats game will change anything. As for their lousy division I don't see Seattle sharing a division with anything better.
    And this all comes from a Pack fan so you know there's no bias

16. Bears#1Fan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Return of the Raider)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bears#1Fan)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Return of the Raider)</div><div class='quotemain'>

Wow how little respect chicago gets.. always a freaking excuse why chicago is winning and not losing ball games.. We pounded seattles dick in the dirt but yet its because SA wasn't there not that his ass did much in the previous games he played in.. But it would have been different.. But seattle must be so awsome since they play in a division with Arizona, SF, and the rams.. and are what 1 game ahead??? But no worries your right Seattle rules and chicago sucks.. cause 9-1 is just a cupcake scheduele.. despite beating seattle 37-6 beating the giants by 18.. Pounding SF 40-10 pounding Buffalo, Rippinf GB and detroit.. winning a close one to minn.. oh and losing to miaimi.. But ya know what Seattle struggled on your dismal ass team.. But your right seattle is far more superior</div>
    If Chicago beats the Patriots on the road, then they are for real, and I would have to agree that they are the class of the NFL at this time.

This isn't college football, how bad you run up the score on someone else does not reflect how powerful your team is, or whether or not you will reach a bowl. The Steelers ripped the Chiefs while Trent Green was injured , somethign like 28-0. Which of those two teams do you think has a better shot at the playoffs? KC does at this time.

Chicago went 13-3 a few years ago and got knocked out of the playoffs in their first game, despite getting the first round bye. Why would a 13-3 team get bounced so fast? you guessed it, a cupcake schedule.

Seattle is not far superior, I actually believe that Chicago has closed the gap on them, but not completely. They will settle it in a couple months.</div>
    They should have never been 13-3 in 2001 they had some very lucky breaks.. last years team 11-5 all Defense.. This year 9-1 so far with a defense and an offense to boot.. not all the time but tell me 1 team that has it working at all times??? i would love to know which NFL team doesn't struggle from time to time??? This is the only year where they are a legit contender.. but noooo doesn't matter even if we stomp NE or even win it will be well NE doesn't have recivers and NE has a crappy secondary.. the excuses will continue to fly for why Chicago is 9-1.. It will never be good enough even if lets say we do go to the SB and beat lets say the chargers, or the colts.. There will be some excuse as to why chicago beat them and didn't lose cause god forbid we may actually be a decent football team

17. Bears#1Fan

and why should i leave your dismal ass team out of it you sure have no problem pointing out flaws in everyone elses team..

18. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Return of the Raider)</div><div class='quotemain'>If Chicago beats the Patriots on the road, then they are for real, and I would have to agree that they are the class of the NFL at this time.

Seattle is not far superior, I actually believe that Chicago has closed the gap on them, but not completely. They will settle it in a couple months.</div>
    1) I like how everytime bears face a quality opponent this it will be the new real test of if they are legit.

2) What does chicago going 13-3 several years back have to do with this season? Oakland went 12-4 several years back, i guess that proves they werent legit that they arent doing good now. FYI- there are only like 3 starters from that team still playing on bears now, a different head coach, different offensive and defensive scheme, so the point is actually completely without merit, and one of the worst arguments made in the history of all NFL discussions ever.

3) crushed Seattle by 31, no matter how much you want to believe that SA is worth 31 points, it simple isnt true.

19. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bears#1Fan)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Return of the Raider)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bears#1Fan)</div><div class='quotemain'>

They should have never been 13-3 in 2001 they had some very lucky breaks.. last years team 11-5 all Defense.. This year 9-1 so far with a defense and an offense to boot.. not all the time but tell me 1 team that has it working at all times??? i would love to know which NFL team doesn't struggle from time to time??? This is the only year where they are a legit contender.. but noooo doesn't matter even if we stomp NE or even win it will be well NE doesn't have recivers and NE has a crappy secondary.. the excuses will continue to fly for why Chicago is 9-1.. It will never be good enough even if lets say we do go to the SB and beat lets say the chargers, or the colts.. There will be some excuse as to why chicago beat them and didn't lose cause god forbid we may actually be a decent football team</div>
    I find the frequency at which you use If Chicago beats NE comical. Is your subconcious trying to tell you and us something?

20. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (blackadder)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bears#1Fan)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Return of the Raider)</div><div class='quotemain'>

They should have never been 13-3 in 2001 they had some very lucky breaks.. last years team 11-5 all Defense.. This year 9-1 so far with a defense and an offense to boot.. not all the time but tell me 1 team that has it working at all times??? i would love to know which NFL team doesn't struggle from time to time??? This is the only year where they are a legit contender.. but noooo doesn't matter even if we stomp NE or even win it will be well NE doesn't have recivers and NE has a crappy secondary.. the excuses will continue to fly for why Chicago is 9-1.. It will never be good enough even if lets say we do go to the SB and beat lets say the chargers, or the colts.. There will be some excuse as to why chicago beat them and didn't lose cause god forbid we may actually be a decent football team</div>
    I find the frequency at which you use If Chicago beats NE comical. Is your subconcious trying to tell you and us something?</div>
    Actually the thing is i have patented and trademarked being the super cocky bears fan on this board. He is relegated to using the indefinite when refering to future games. LOL