Pats v Jets aka Mastermind v Mangenius

Discussion in 'AFC East' started by bakes781, Jan 5, 2007.

1. bakes781

bakes781 nfl-*****s member

They split the regular season contests & now they face off in the wildcard playoffs. What Mangini has been able to accompish to this point is outstanding. I had serious doubts that he could hack it in the Big Apple, but so far so good. Not too downplay their success, but they did benefit from a very easy schedule. The Pats schedule wasn't that much more difficult. However if you look beyond the W-L column the Pats have a decided edge in most every category. One X factor in several of the Pats losses was the turnovers, but in the last 3 games the Pats offense has not allowed a single TO. Defensively the Pats are 2nd to no1 in redzone defense. The loss of Harrison does hurt, but the return of Wilfork & Warren will greatly improve our front 4. Since that last game against the Jets the Pats have installed a new field turf, which has restored Brady's confidence at home IMO. Despite the lack of quality skill players Brady is still finding ways to spread the ball to multiple options.

Prediction:

Pats 31
    Jets 26

And BB shakes Mangini's hand, but only after wiping his butt with it just beforehand. :thumbsup:

2. J-E-T-S 1083

J-E-T-S 1083 The Original Jets Junkie

yea i think it will be a close game too though i'm hoping the Jets will win it and Belichick gets so pissed off that he doesnt even attempt to shake hands with Mangini [​IMG]

3. FLORIDA PACKER

FLORIDA PACKER nfl-*****s member

Just to point out, I did in fact on numerous occasion pick the Jets as my Darkhorse team of the year [​IMG] Just thought i'd point that out lol.

4. J-E-T-S 1083

J-E-T-S 1083 The Original Jets Junkie

i think it would be the best thing in the world if the Jets beat the Patriots, imagine they blow them out haha [​IMG]

i was just reading some patriot posts on a website football board and these Patriot fans are like its gonna be 35-3 it'll be a blowout. Jets got lucky the 2nd time around. Jets didnt get lucky the 2nd time they controlled the ball, forced Tom Brady to make mistakes and disguised coverages. The Jets certainly dont have the talent the Patriots have but I think Mangini is a good enough coach to keep us in this game

5. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

I'm not too thrilled with anything associated (no matter how remote) w/ Saban right now. I have little desire to watch this game. As a Dwo-ite, I'd like to see this game end in 0-0 tie.

My gut says Jets but rooting for a team from NYC makes my skin crawl. Oddly, I have a great deal of respect for Belichick.

Bottom line; Will Bill B have his Mangini w/ marinara or pesto sauce?? Team w/ patriotic elvis on helmet 27 green weenies 16

6. MysteryMan

MysteryMan nfl-*****s member

Patriots score 31 vs the jets defense? No way! Just because the Jets are in NY they get my vote

23-17

Brady just doesnt have anyone to throw to and the jets D actually looked good vs them last time

7. Pats3timeChamp

Pats3timeChamp nfl-*****s member

Chad Jackson will get 100+ yards tomorrow

8. bakes781

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MysteryMan)</div><div class='quotemain'>Patriots score 31 vs the jets defense? No way! Just because the Jets are in NY they get my vote

23-17

Brady just doesnt have anyone to throw to and the jets D actually looked good vs them last time</div>
    you're right! they scored 37 [​IMG]

9. bakes781

In all seriousness, this was a much closer game that the final score reflected. Getting the early lead was very important as the Jets showed they can hang with us up until the last quarter. Red zone D for both sides was stellar & it really just came down to a few key plays. SD is going to be a HUGE challenge on Sunday.