Paul Pierce injury update

Discussion in 'Boston Celtics' started by CelticBalla32, Oct 14, 2006.

1. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

http://celtics.bostonherald.com/celtics/vi...rticleid=162226

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Pierce will be stepping gingerly for a while. He fell on his hip in the first half after taking a charge, and the bruise was checked at halftime. A third-quarter move caused another spasm, and Pierce left the game with seven minutes left until the fourth.

According to team physician Dr. Brian McKeon, the captain will need 3-5 days of treatment and is doubtful for the next one or two practices. If the pain persists, he will have the hip X-rayed.</div>
    Well, if he needs that much treatment and he will miss a couple practices, I doubt he will be playing on Tuesday in New York. I wouldn't worry about this too much, he limped into the locker room last night in the 3rd quarter, but he didn't seem to be in THAT much pain. Paul is never hurt, and usually when he is a little banged up he plays anyway. I still wouldn't risk it on Tuesday when we play the Knicks, let him rest that one out and see how he is the next day at home vs. New Jersey.

2. WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE

WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE BBW Elite Member

This is nothing for Pierce, I didn't even really pay any attention to it when he was limping. He'll brush it off and be fine.

3. Trifekta

Trifekta BBW Member

If it was the regular season I bet Pierce could play through it, but since it's preseason he'll just rest. Opening up time for Gerald and Luke Jackson. Nice.