Paul Pierce Is Overrated!

Discussion in 'Boston Celtics' started by illslope, Oct 11, 2003.

1. illslope

illslope JBB JustBBall Member

Paul Pierce Is Overrated!!!!!

Paul Pierce is overrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All he wants to do is prove he shoulda been drafted higher......

Lakers till I die

2. Ice

Ice JBB Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting illslope:</div><div class="quote_post">Paul Pierce is overrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All he wants to do is prove he shoulda been drafted higher......

Lakers till I die</div>
    Ok..lovely opinion

3. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

How is he overrated? That's a bold statement you should provide us with more reasons. A lot of players use their draft status as motivation. Last year Amare wanted to punish all the GM's who overlooked him. Proving people wrong is all part of being competitive, I don't see why you are knocking it.

4. illslope

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting shapecity:</div><div class="quote_post">How is he overrated? That's a bold statement you should provide us with more reasons. A lot of players use their draft status as motivation. Last year Amare wanted to punish all the GM's who overlooked him. Proving people wrong is all part of being competitive, I don't see why you are knocking it.</div>

Draft day motivation is fine....if you're a rookie with something to prove. The truly elite ballers elevate the players around them.......face it, Paul Peirce doesn't have it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Ice

Ice JBB Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting illslope:</div><div class="quote_post">Draft day motivation is fine....if you're a rookie with something to prove. The truly elite ballers elevate the players around them.......face it, Paul Peirce doesn't have it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</div>
    Paul Pierce is a great player

6. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

What does his game lack? He can score from anywhere on the court, he can pass, he can board, and the man is one of the best players in the clutch. He's easily a top 10 player in the league. Paul Pierce is a fearless warrior on the court, he HAS it!

7. illslope

Nah yo, Peirce showed what he was about last year in world championships.............a shot nut and a whiner!!!!!!!!!

8. jbbFranchise

jbbFranchise JBB JustBBall Member

Paul Pierce is a great player, if anything hes underrated. You have yet to give us any reason why he is a bad player.

9. JWilltheFreak

JWilltheFreak JBB JustBBall Member

How is P Pierce overrated?? This is the 1st time i heard those words!!!

10. illslope

I never said he was a bad player.... I said overrated...Yo money, don't me wrong, he has crazy talent.... he has to do more than score....When he starts shuttin' people down (i.e Vince, Kobe, T-mac, Hamilton) then he will be considered a "next level" playa

11. BC

BC JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting illslope:</div><div class="quote_post">I never said he was a bad player.... I said overrated...Yo money, don't me wrong, he has crazy talent.... he has to do more than score....When he starts shuttin' people down (i.e Vince, Kobe, T-mac, Hamilton) then he will be considered a "next level" playa</div>

When has Vince Carter or Hamilton shut anyone down? At the World Championships, he was the only player who wasn't playing scared. JO and Brand couldn't make layups, the PG's couldn't get the ball up the court, and Ben Wallace only plays defense. Where dis you expect the scoring to come from?

12. JWilltheFreak

JWilltheFreak JBB JustBBall Member

Pierce just scores????he avg almost 8 reb a game for a SG thats nasty. He is just a great player and u are just a heater!!!

13. illslope

When he stops someone, then holla....I bet 1/3 of rebounds are follow ups of his own misses...........He tried to make the World Championships his own personal showcase......Bad shots, whinning about not gettin shots...When his game gets more complete I'll give him his....

14. BC

BC JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting illslope:</div><div class="quote_post">When he stops someone, then holla....I bet 1/3 of rebounds are follow ups of his own misses...........He tried to make the World Championships his own personal showcase......Bad shots, whinning about not gettin shots...When his game gets more complete I'll give him his....</div>

Outside of Kobe and Tmac no SG has a more complete game

15. Hunter

Hunter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting BC:</div><div class="quote_post">Outside of Kobe and Tmac no SG has a more complete game</div>

I agree completly witht hat statement BC. Pierce has a complete game and he at his best in the 4th quarter of the game. He has proven that he can play with and beat some of the best guards this league has to offer. I can tell you this, if I need a last second shot in a game, Paul Pierce, along with Duncan, Kobe and KG is at the top of my list.

illslope you need to provide facts to your blatent statements. That is the only way people will beileve what you say and give you credibility.

16. BallerAK47

BallerAK47 JBB JustBBall Member

Paul Pierce is anything but overrated

17. illslope

I gave you facts....if you want stats, say so.... Peirce has had some big moments, granted.... If he aint hitting, he's useless.....do other things to win the game....

18. Vintage

Vintage Defeating Communism...

Dam homey, you talk some shiet. But you can't back that shiet up, ya hear?!
    Come back when your games as fresh as da pimpin' Cousinzzz....Holla

Dem da facts

19. dee still ballin

dee still ballin JBB JustBBall Member

Paul is underated. Anybody can see that. He was ranked like 4 or 5 in PPG, and didnt get recognized(sp). If you can supply 3 REAL facts on how he is overated. then maybe we can talk, untill then, get off Pierce's butt.

20. illslope

If I took as many shots as Peirce did I'd be ranked in scoring too. Peeps this, once Jordan finally trusted his teammates, they started winning rings. If Peirce came correct the the Celtics would win more....especially in the East............I'll Take AI and Kobe over Pierce.......