paul silas most likly out of Charlotte's coaching job

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by knicks235, May 7, 2003.

1. knicks235

knicks235 JBB JustBBall Member

Charlotte Observer: With 18 months until opening night, Charlotte's new NBA team is in no hurry to hire a coach. That likely will eliminate Paul Silas as an option.

Silas became available Sunday when the New Orleans Hornets announced they wouldn't sign him to a new contract. He has said he loved his time in Charlotte and would welcome a call from the new team.

"I know Paul, I worked with Paul (in New York) and I like Paul enormously as a person and a coach. The issue is timing," said Ed Tapscott, executive vice president of Charlotte's new team. "We're looking to hire a general manager first (this summer). The timeline for a coach for us is probably sometime next summer."

2. Alley-oop

Alley-oop JBB JustBBall Member

I think the wizards should fire collins and hire Silas.

3. jjdaman20

jjdaman20 BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">
    "We're looking to hire a general manager first (this summer). The timeline for a coach for us is probably sometime next summer."</div>

HINT HINT...MJ will be the GM

4. sunsfan1357

sunsfan1357 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think the wizards should fire collins and hire Silas.
    </div>

they should...Collins was basically Jordan's puppet and now that Jordan is gone they have no need for him...

5. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "pchotsauce":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">
    "We're looking to hire a general manager first (this summer). The timeline for a coach for us is probably sometime next summer."</div>

HINT HINT...MJ will be the GM</div>

mj will likely be something in the charlotte franchise, more than likely a gm, since the wiz said screw you mj and let him go.