Pennington

Discussion in 'AFC East' started by Fugazi, Sep 20, 2005.

1. Fugazi

Fugazi nfl-*****s member

Hey, I've been away from the forum for a while. Been pacing the living room watching the Jets lately.

What do you guys think about Pennington? I'm a little worried he's a Ken O'Brien type: better than average, but not an elite QB. (granted, they're different passers: O'Brien could go deep)

2. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

I think Pennington is a sharp kid. I'm concerned about his shoulder though. He didn't have the strongest arm to begin with, but time will tell if he can get the ball downfield.

3. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

I like Chad P. Don't worry Jets Fans? There is always Jay Feidler.

4. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

He's got poised. I believe not turnovers in the redzone which is important. His shoulder should be a concern but he did have a nice game at home against the fins last week. Jacksonville's front 4 will give him a test this week.

5. hoodie7

hoodie7 nfl-*****s member

he can throw it deep but he cant get any zip on his throws thats what im worried about

6. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I think Pennington is a sharp kid. I'm concerned about his shoulder though. He didn't have the strongest arm to begin with, but time will tell if he can get the ball downfield.</div>

Rich Gannon got the Raiders to the Superbowl by playing smart and not having a great arm. Pennington can win in this league. I'm sure of it. And I think his arm is good enough to make most of the throws in the playbook.

7. Fugazi

Fugazi nfl-*****s member

Those are good points. I mean, look who QBed the Ravens to a Super Bowl.

As a Jet fan, though, I've been trained to look at the negative side of things. [​IMG]

8. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

i just hope Pennington does good next week because i picked the NYJ to win

9. MysteryMan

MysteryMan nfl-*****s member

Pennington floats the air like crazy which makes me irritated. When he threw it to a wide open Coles. he was hit hard because of pennington floating it so high!

10. bakes781

bakes781 nfl-*****s member

Exactly he's the Johnny Damon of the NFL. Did anyone see the D-Rays get a sacrifice fly home from 2ND BASE last night? [​IMG]

11. J-E-T-S 1083

J-E-T-S 1083 The Original Jets Junkie

WELCOME FELLOW JETS FAN!!!!! about freakin time for another one to get around here, with all the Phins and Pats fan and then a Bills fan lol but idk if hes coming back. Maybe if they win next week...

anyway i think Chad has the talent and the smarts to be a good QB. Unfortunatly he has injury problems to hold him back. But i really think he can get it together. He really didnt do too bad vs the Dolphins not great but enough to win. And hopefully he will improve every week, which i would expect from a guy like him. He'll need a good game to beat the Jags next week hopefully Martin will play.