Pens Win again

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by strudwickisthebest, Jun 11, 2017.

1. strudwickisthebest

strudwickisthebest Well-Known Member

congrats Hags on #2 ... this is getting crazy every year, hopefully the Rangers can win one in the next decade LOL

2. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

whatever.

3. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Great season for Nashville. You'd have to put them as the WC favorite next year. I don't think they lose much.

4. Disturbed

Disturbed Well-Known Member

Software
    Don't really agree - They have a good team and I suppose have as good a shot as any but its so freaking hard to get back to the finals....You have to win it when you get there. We should know.

5. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

1. Nobody cares.
    2. I have zero respect for that team. The NHL fixed the lottery to give them Crosby because they were in financial ruins. Their loser fans never supported the team when they were bad. Then they tanked for Malkin as well.

Edmonton will be the next sorry ass team to win cups because they tanked for about 6 years.

6. Ranger71

I suppose Edmonton will be in the mix too but SJ and Chicago are declining slowly.

7. stampedehero

stampedehero Make Your Day, a Doobies Day Staff Member Moderator

Part Time Building Inspector
    It is what it is...........Pittsburgh wins another one. We had seen the NE Patriots squirt through championships and Pittsburgh seems to have the status of the "Elite" in the NHL. I think hockey is way more difficult to score than football and credit should be given to the hard working men who play this great sport.

8. strudwickisthebest

strudwickisthebest Well-Known Member

It would be nice to see the Rangers win one but they choke in the playoffs every year. It's funny, NSH knocked off so many good teams. A little puck luck and they could have won g1 and g6

9. nj cup

nj cup Member

absolutely 100% on this. they are a solid team but the oilers are going to be the pens of the west. probably will be a oilers (pens) and preds (caps) type deal. missing johnanson hurt them big time this series and they still should've won. game 1 they dominated and game 6 they dominated

10. Ranger71

Depends. I still think Nashville will have a better all around roster and Rinne is still ahead of Talbot. We'll see what happens in FA. The fact they were missing Johansen and still almost won makes the point even more.

11. nj cup

nj cup Member

i agree definitely nashville is the better all around team but the oilers have mcdavid drastial and the better skill set i believe

12. panzerporter

panzerporter Well-Known Member

Crosby and Malkin definitely stack the deck for the Pens but it's guys like 3rd rounder Guentzel this year and 3rd rounder Rust last year that win playoff games for them. An early whistle to take away a Pred goal don't hurt either. Jim Rutherford is a good GM, the only GM to win a Cup with 2 teams (Carolina the other).