Science Pentagon Officially Releases 3 UFO videos

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by magnifier661, Apr 27, 2020.

1. magnifier661

magnifier661 B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Cracking fools in the skull
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ufo-navy-videos-pentagon-unidentied-aerial-phenomena/

Pentagon formally releases 3 Navy videos showing "unidentified aerial phenomena"

Updated on: April 27, 2020 / 2:39 PM
    By Stefan Becket

Washington — The Pentagon on Monday formally released three unclassified videos taken by Navy pilots that have circulated for yearsshowing interactions with "unidentified aerial phenomena."

One of the videos shows an incident from 2004, and the other two were recorded in January 2015, according to Sue Gough, a Defense Department spokeswoman. The videos became public after unauthorized leaks in 2007 and 2017, and the Navy previously verified their authenticity.

"After a thorough review, the department has determined that the authorized release of these unclassified videos does not reveal any sensitive capabilities or systems, and does not impinge on any subsequent investigations of military air space incursions by unidentified aerial phenomena," Gough said.

The 2004 incident occurred about 100 miles out in the Pacific, according to The New York Times, which first reported on the video in 2017. Two fighter pilots on a routine training mission were dispatched to investigate unidentified aircraft that a Navy cruiser had been tracking for weeks.

The Navy pilots found an oblong object about 40 feet long hovering about 50 feet above the water, and it began a rapid ascent as the pilots approached before quickly flying away. "It accelerated like nothing I've ever seen," one of the pilots told The Times.

[​IMG]
    An unidentified object seen in footage captured by the Navy in 2004. Department of Defense
    The pilots left the area to meet at a rendezvous point about 60 miles away. When they were still about 40 miles out, the ship radioed and said the object was at the rendezvous point, having traversed the distance "in less than a minute," the pilot told The Times.

The two other videos of incidents in 2015 include footage of objects moving rapidly through the air. In one, an object is seen racing through the sky and begins rotating in midair.

[​IMG]
    Footage released by the Defense Department shows an object rotating in midair in January 2015. Department of Defense
    "Dude, this is a f--king drone, bro," a pilot exclaims on the video. Another person says "there's a whole fleet of them."

"They're all going against the wind. The wind's 120 knots to the west. Look at that thing, dude!" the first person says. "It's rotating!"

In the other 2015 video, an object is shown from above speeding over the ocean, prompting the pilot to excitedly remark, "What the f--k is that?"

[​IMG]
    Footage released by the Defense Department shows an object speeding over the ocean in January 2015. Department of Defense
    Five Navy pilots who spotted the objects in 2015 told The Times in 2017 that they had a series of interactions with unidentified aircraft during training missions in 2014 and 2015 along the East Coast from Virginia to Florida. The episodes prompted the Navy to clarify how pilots should report experiences with "unidentified aerial phenomena," which had been studied under a Pentagon program from 2007 to 2012.

Gough, the Pentagon spokeswoman, said the department was formally releasing the videos to address questions about their veracity.

"DOD is releasing the videos in order to clear up any misconceptions by the public on whether or not the footage that has been circulating was real, or whether or not there is more to the videos," Gough said. "The aerial phenomena observed in the videos remain characterized as 'unidentified.'"

David Martin contributed reporting.

First published on April 27, 2020 / 11:33 AM

© 2020 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.

2. tlongII

tlongII Legendary Poster

Systems Analyst
    I love this kind of stuff!

The Truth Is Out There!

3. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Do you remember the "Mysteries of the Unknown" books from Time Life?

4. tlongII

tlongII Legendary Poster

Systems Analyst
    Nope. I loved The X Files though.

5. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Its been since high school since I cracked the backs, but I have them somewhere in some box in the barn. Probably way outdated now ,but they were way cool when I was a kid. I was really into telekinetic powers and was reading up on anything and everything I could find. Yuri Geller stories and articles and all that. Still do believe in mind over matter. I remember them being good reads. Now im intrigued... and on vacation. Might need to go do some spelunking in the barn and dig them out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

bluefrog, HailBlazers and Chris Craig like this.
  6. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

I want that whole collection

Orion Bailey likes this.
  7. magnifier661

8. theprunetang

theprunetang Shaedon "Deadly Nightshade" Sharpe is HIM

I legitimately saw some very strange lights last week when my bird survey went long. I was heading back to the vehicle from the tip of St Joseph Peninsula (about 7 miles) in the dark. Crazy reddish orange lights kept splitting into two, hovering, disappearing and reappearing quickly in random far away places in the sky, and occasionally moving almost too fast for the eye to see.

I have never seen anything like that. Looked like they were directly over Cape San Blas.

9. GriLtCheeZ

GriLtCheeZ "Well, I'm not lookin' for trouble."

Gleaming the Cubicle
    Yuri Geller? You need some James Randy in your life, man.

Orion Bailey likes this.
  10. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

By the way, I have seen these videos in documentaries years ago

11. magnifier661

I think the news is the pentagon actually confirming it.

12. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Theeeyyy'rreeee Baaaaccckkk!!!!

magnifier661 likes this.
  13. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    So, it looks like there is a new concern about little green men from Mars. Excuse me if I'm not alarmed.

14. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

who is concerned? Get them as registered voters and go for broke in the fall!!!

15. stampedehero

stampedehero Make Your Day, a Doobies Day Staff Member Moderator

Part Time Building Inspector
    What better place to appear than Stonehedge.

Attached Files:

magnifier661 and Orion Bailey like this.
  16. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

hard to tell but are they mimicking the formation?

17. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

Exactly...not like they were secret videos.

stampedehero likes this.
  18. lawai'a

lawai'a Well-Known Member

The U.S. Department of Defense has declassified three videos showing “unexplained aerial phenomena” captured by U.S. military aircraft. Two videos had previously been leaked to the press and the third had been released by an organization co-founded by former Blink-182 guitarist Tom DeLonge. The videos show objects moving at high speed, executing unusual maneuvers for even modern aircraft.

In a statement, the Department of Defense gave their reasoning for the declassification, “DOD is releasing the videos in order to clear up any misconceptions by the public on whether or not the footage that has been circulating was real, or whether or not there is more to the videos. The aerial phenomena observed in the videos remain characterized as ‘unidentified,'” the statement read.

DeLonge, whose To the Stars Academy of Arts and Sciences helped bring the videos to light, welcomed the release and hinted at more to come. “Next, we plan on pursuing the technology, finding more answers and telling the stories,” he wrote on Twitter.

Former Nevada Sen. Harry Reid, who helped steer funds to UFO research in his time as Senate majority leader, suggested the Pentagon has even more information than it has let on. The release “only scratches the surface of research and materials available,” he said.

the last quote by former senator Harry Reid, the grabber here. "they're out there"
    https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/...ce-of-what-the-pentagon-knows-harry-reid-says

19. stampedehero

stampedehero Make Your Day, a Doobies Day Staff Member Moderator

Part Time Building Inspector
    A few years ago the Belgian air force confirmed alien objects as UFO. For a brief period, the Russians accepted UFO's but then changed policies.
    Apparently, after 70 years we finally witness our armed forces dropping denials and accepting logic. The Air Force vehemently denied them all this time.

magnifier661 likes this.