Phil's Finally In Kobe's Corner -- And It's Bad For Lakers

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Lakers' started by bronbron23, Sep 7, 2007.

1. bronbron23

bronbron23 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">L.A. Times -
    Kobe Bryant has a supporter for his vendetta with Lakers management, and it comes from an unlikely source, the L.A. Times are reporting.

Head coach Phil Jackson made his views clear this week in a series of interviews that, in subtler tones, were just as indelibly damaging as Bryant's tagging spree of several months ago.

Like Bryant, Jackson said that a member of the Buss family misled him.

"We were promised by Jim Buss we'd have big changes," he told Petros Papadakis and Matt Smith on their KLAC radio show. "We've yet to see that. We're still looking for that."

Like Bryant, Jackson intimated that Andrew Bynum might be more valuable as trade bait.

"There's incredible pressure for that kid to step up and produce this year," he told the radio hosts, later adding, "He hasn't had the kind of success that generates the kind of press he's had."

Finally, like Bryant, Jackson talked about the need for the Lakers to repair the relationship torn apart by Bryant.

"I think actions are going to have to speak louder than words. . . ." he told The Times' Mark Heisler. "It's going to take some mending and other people in this organization have to be part of it, too."</div>

link

2. bronbron23

This whole episode of events seem to be getting worse for the Buss family or this one apparent misleading member who I'm assuming is Jerry Buss. The funny thing is that wasn't it Jackson that got Kobe to calm down and re-think his situation with the Lakers, to some extent, after his outburst?

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Like Bryant, Jackson intimated that Andrew Bynum might be more valuable as trade bait.</div>
    I think this clearly shows what Buss needs to do, make a trade right now!

3. Yournewchef

Yournewchef Whippin up a cake.

Jackson didn't seem as discouraged on ESPN interview recently.

4. lakerskb24

lakerskb24 JBB JustBBall Member

This article seems to be bashing Kobe. I don't like how it says that Kobe has a vendetta against the Lakers. It's obvious that the Lakers need to change alot of stuff so that this organization could start competing again and at the way were going I wouldn't blame Kobe even if he did leave.

5. bronbron23

<div class="quote_poster">LAKERSKB8 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">This article seems to be bashing Kobe. I don't like how it says that Kobe has a vendetta against the Lakers. It's obvious that the Lakers need to change alot of stuff so that this organization could start competing again and at the way were going I wouldn't blame Kobe even if he did leave.</div>

Yeh I think Vendetta was a poor choice of wording cos to me it didn't seem they we're trying to Kobe bash, rather just show how Kobe felt towards the Lakers but a vendetta is going a bit too far

6. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Reader beware: This was written by the local LA sports hater Bill Plaschke

PJax is stating the obvious, and Plaschke's trying to stir up drama. There's an internal struggle, we're all aware of it after Kobe Bryant put everything out in the open. At least everyone now knows where they stand and the healing process can begin.

7. Yournewchef

Yournewchef Whippin up a cake.

I knew this article had some lib spin on it.

8. sweetness

sweetness JBB JustBBall Member

finally, i hope this wakes management up!</p>

9. Dark Hero

Dark Hero Can't Tell Me Nothing

The Lakers need to bring in help were just wasting Kobe's prime im tired of the idiots in the front office not doing nothing we need to make a huge change and know we got Phil in Kobe's corner supporting him.