phins offensive scheme

Discussion in 'AFC East' started by Thoth, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

After watching the game today, here IMO is how Miami should line up & how frequently.

45% of the time use; Ricky, Ronnie, Ginn, any 2 TE's. This obviously is the base personnel grouping.

15% use Ricky, Ginn, Camarillo, Wilford, & S Ryan This spreads the field and utilizes Ryan who is the better blocker.

20% use Ricky, Ronnie (as a H-back and the primary motion man), Ted G, Wilford, & Fasano.

The remainder would be Ricky, Ginn & Bess, as well as Fasano & Martin which would get some speed and flexibility on the field

Last edited: Sep 7, 2008
  2. Vintage

Vintage Defeating Communism...

Has Fasano learned to block yet?

I saw he had a pretty good day receiving.... nice to hear about that.

3. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

In Dallas, I thought Witten was the receiving TE and Fasano was the blocker. Fasano did okay blocking.

Miami signed Sean Ryan (who was acquired by Parcells @ some point in the past) away from the jest to be the blocking TE.

As I mentioned elsewhere, Even David Martin had a good day. It stunned me when they cut former Charger Justin Pelle (sp?) who I understood was the most well rounded of the TE's.

4. Vintage

Vintage Defeating Communism...

We originally did draft Fasano to be the blocking TE. The problem was, he was constantly missing blocks/missing assignments... that we ended up using Witten as the blocking TE too. That's why he was traded.

Fasano is a pretty good receiving TE; but we already have that...

The thing I was upset with was after trading Fasano, we drafted another TE in round 2. Again. Hopefully Bennett ends up being better than Fasano did for us.

Fasano will be a nice option for Pennington... that, I have no doubt.