Phoenix Suns VS Los Angeles Lakers

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by BALLAHOLLIC, Apr 19, 2006.

1. BALLAHOLLIC

BALLAHOLLIC Member

Discuss.

2. ballorama

ballorama BBW Member

Not for sure, have to find out tonite. But whenever you have a Kobe theres something special happening. I expect Kobe to be hungry, Lakers have a shot if all the players show there A game. Especially Lamar, but I have a feeling it will be a good series. Well coached nonetheless.

3. hoopskidd5

hoopskidd5 BBW Member

The Lakers have had an up and down season, and coming in Im not sure what to expect of them in the playoffs. Kobe is obviously tremendous, but will the supporting staff be able to hold up. I dont think Phoenix's style is very good for playoff play, but against this team, they should be able to come out on top. Then again, who knows what will happen once Kobe takes the court..This is another mysterious series that should be intreguing to watch as it unfolds..

4. melo

melo Magic

Suns in 6.The only reason why we will get those 2 game is because Kwame and kobe will have games when they abused their interior.

5. nykfan4life

nykfan4life BBW Elite Member

this should be a good series to watch. kobe brought them to the playoffs and carried the team on his shoulders throughout the season. i think it will go 6 games but i don't know who will win this one i think it could go either way. we all know kobe is going to have a big series too.

6. mavsfan1000

mavsfan1000 BBW Elite Member

Terrible matchup for the Lakers. Bell and Marion should prevent the Suns from having to double Kobe and the Suns will score a lot. I see the Suns winning in 5 games and a couple blowouts.

7. ASUFan22

ASUFan22 BBW Global Mod Team

Hoopskidd, their style is just fine for the playoffs this year especially since they have a defense now, only with Kurt. But does anyone really expect KWAME BROWN to hurt us? lol! Thank goodness we got the Lakers and not the Kings. We won't really need Kurt Thomas as much here. Suns will win in 5. The Lakers will win one game in LA in the only game Kobe scores more than 55...

8. pjcolpitts?

pjcolpitts? BBW Elite Member

I'm looking for the upset here. Kobe is going to have an amazing series against the suns. Kwame and Lamar are finally coming around and understanding the offense. Phil Jackson is a way better coach than Mike D'Antoni. in a best of 7 game series, Jackson will know how to stop them. I personally think you have to make Steve Nash be the scorer when he is playing. Make him beat you with his scoring. The Mavericks did this one game against them last year when he had like 48 points in a game, and the suns did lose that game. I think if the Lakers have a game plan similar to that, they will win.

9. koopa

koopa BBW Elite Member

i think the lakers will win for some reason, kobe is amazing and will win at least 2 games on his own, and maybe just maybe odom will finally step up.

10. melo

melo Magic

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mavsfan1000 @ Apr 21 2006, 04:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Terrible matchup for the Lakers. Bell and Marion should prevent the Suns from having to double Kobe and the Suns will score a lot. I see the Suns winning in 5 games and a couple blowouts.</div>The difference is, phil jackson is here.The same coach who put Lue on Ai and shut him down. Who thought lue could contain Ai? Ai's shooting percent in the series was abysmal.Suns have never blown out the lakers [this season], there up 3-1 but don't make it seem like there going to blow us apart. Suns interior defense sucks, hence us winning 2 games.

11. mavsfan1000

The suns have poor interior defense but it doesn't matter since Kobe likes taking outside shots. Your only hope is Odom because the rest of the lakers don't attack the interior.

12. melo

melo Magic

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mavsfan1000 @ Apr 21 2006, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The suns have poor interior defense but it doesn't matter since Kobe likes taking outside shots. Your only hope is Odom because the rest of the lakers don't attack the interior.</div>See, that's where phil jackson comes in. Haven't you seen kobe attack the rim more latley? I've noticed it. I think phil's gearing Kobe up to destroy their interior defense. I'd like Kobe to be used in the post, he'd destroy his oponents there also.Kwame even though is stupid at times can abuse weak interior teams. Odom can also be used in the paint.That is why i think we can get 2 games.

13. mavsfan1000

Well Kobe had a 50 point game against the Suns but that didn't matter. The lakers couldn't stop the suns from running and poor shot selection will hurt more against the suns than other teams.

14. melo

melo Magic

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mavsfan1000 @ Apr 21 2006, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Well Kobe had a 50 point game against the Suns but that didn't matter. The lakers couldn't stop the suns from running and poor shot selection will hurt more against the suns than other teams.</div>Odom decided to have a day off. It was also a back to back, coming of an ot game...

15. Wade3

Wade3 BBW Elite Member

This will be a seven game series. Whoever wants it the most will get it. If Kobe and Odom play great basketball I see the Lakers winning. The Suns have some injuries and that is going to hold them back from beating the Lakers. But, no matter what it should be a well fought out series and come down to last couple of possesions of the seventh game.

16. 7Goat

7Goat BBW Hip-Hop Head

I really think the Lakers can do it, coming off a 5 game winning streak. Odom will score 40. Hahahhaha.

17. Asian

Asian BBW Member

K there is no way the Lakers will beat the suns in this series. If the Lakers win the series, I will not come back lol.

18. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

wtf Eliiite, you think the Lakers are going to win? Please stop being a homer. The Lakers have no match for the Suns dynamic offense. They cant compete. On the other hand. Kobe will get his 40, Odom will get 15. But after that, you never know if anyone else will be consistant at all. That will really hurt the Lakers going into the series. Marion should do a good job on Odom too.

19. kobeisinnocent11

kobeisinnocent11 BBW Member

more matchups i made a few days ago.<span style="font-size:36pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:orange">#2 Phoenix Suns </span></span>[​IMG]vs<span style="font-size:36pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:purple">#7 Los Angeles Lakers</span></span>[​IMG]Season Series: Phoenix 3-1.Game 1: at Phoenix, Sun., April 23 (3:30 p.m. ET, ABC) Game 2: at Phoenix, Wed., April 26 (10:30 p.m. ET, TNT) Game 3: at Lakers, Fri., April 28 (10:30 p.m. ET, ESPN) Game 4: at Lakers, Sun., April 30 (3:30 p.m. ET, ABC) Game 5: at Phoenix, Tue., May 2 (TBD, if necessary) Game 6: at Lakers, Thu., May 4 (TBD, if necessary) Game 7: at Phoenix, Sat., May 6 (TBD, if necessary) <span style="color:orange">PG - Steve Nash vs Smush ParkerAdvantage - Suns. This should be obvious, an mvp candidate or smush? i like smush, but hes not nash. </span><span style="color:purple">SG - Raja Bell vs Kobe BryantAdvantage - Lakers. Kobe is another one of the mvp candidates, and he scored 81 in a game, hes the leader of the team, and arguably the best player in the series.</span><span style="color:orange">SF - Shaun Marion vs Luke WaltonAdvantage - Suns. Marion will dominate walton, but walton played very well against the suns bench in the last matchup putting up close to a double-double.</span><span style="color:purple">PF - Tim Thomas vs Lamar OdomAdvantage - Lakers. None of these matchups are really even close, but this is probably the closest one, however, odom is a lot better than tim thomas, and he is only 25.</span>C - Borris Diaw vs Kwame BrownAdvantage - Suns. since Amare has been injured diaw has played well, but hes got an average matchup in kwame brown. kwame can prove himself this series though.<span style="color:orange">Predicition - Suns in 6 or 7. Amare is injured, and they are going against kobe bryant who could drop 50 by himself if given a chance. they will find a way to shut him down though and the suns will pull off the series because nash and marion are too much for the lakers to handle.</span>

20. ASUFan22

ASUFan22 BBW Global Mod Team

Why does everyone keep talking about Amare? We didn't have him all season and played great. If not for the many problems and distractions we had this year the team would have won over 60 games. Kurt Thomas is the much bigger loss than Amare right now.