Pierce to refuse to play for Portland?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by JWohl, Jun 12, 2005.

1. JWohl

JWohl JBB Lovin the BCS

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">"Regardless, don't expect to see Pierce in a Portland uniform. A source close to Pierce said, ''Paul will not play for the Trail Blazers." He would not report to Portland, according to the source, and would accept any penalties or fines that resulted." Boston Globe</div>
    source

2. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    i hope the trade will go down!! i don't care what he wants!!
    spoiled kids... look buddy youre making 14 million dollars a year for playing basketball and you played for the Celtics for the last sevral years not for the Spurs now STFU and wear those red and black uniform and be a man!

3. playmaker15

playmaker15 JBB Droppin Dimes

and people bash Zo for not reporting to Toronto. Or VC for demanding a trade. At least he played for the team he didn't want o play for, but lets not make this about VC or Alonzo. He should play for whoever he gets traded to. Like you said Rod, he needs to stop whining and play some ball. If the trade goes down he will regret not playing because this team has tons of potential.

4. SebP?

SebP? JBB JustBBall Member

A lot of people have been talking about players not reporting to the teams they are traded for then getting to be put on other teams. Most of you guys put the blame on the players. However, I think this is the fault of the owners and the GMs. They have the ablitity to let the players sit out, but the let them walk instead.

5. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

What the hell are you talking about? How has he been whining? He hasn't even been traded! It's a rumor, so no need to critisize him.

6. Bobcats

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting playmaker31:</div><div class="quote_post">and people bash Zo for not reporting to Toronto. Or VC for demanding a trade. At least he played for the team he didn't want o play for, but lets not make this about VC or Alonzo. He should play for whoever he gets traded to. Like you said Rod, he needs to stop whining and play some ball. If the trade goes down he will regret not playing because this team has tons of potential.</div>

What the hell are you talking about? How has he been whining? He hasn't even been traded! It's a rumor, so no need to critisize him.

7. playmaker15

Well according to his friend he has said that he won't play for them.

8. simplysic

simplysic JBB JustBBall Member

this should show the Trail Blazers how respected their team is around the league...man...stars dont wanna lead that team...(thanx Mr. Miles)

9. Bobcats

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting playmaker31:</div><div class="quote_post">Well according to his friend he has said that he won't play for them.</div>

Oh, I see, so this unconfirmed rumor means it's true right? My bad. [​IMG]

10. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

Well a trade probably won't happen so there is nothing to fuss about. Besides this might just be a bogus report, it is not like Pierce came out and said this. Whenever I see "so in so's friends has said this or that" I almost automatically ignore the report because these so called "friends" aren't very credible sources.

11. Miami Flash City

Miami Flash City JBB All Day

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting playmaker31:</div><div class="quote_post">and people bash Zo for not reporting to Toronto. Or VC for demanding a trade. At least he played for the team he didn't want o play for, but lets not make this about VC or Alonzo. He should play for whoever he gets traded to. Like you said Rod, he needs to stop whining and play some ball. If the trade goes down he will regret not playing because this team has tons of potential.</div>

Im sure if vince carter would be traded to one of the worst teams in the nba he wouldnt want to go either. And your comparing vince carters attitude to paul pierce? atleast paul pierce tries in games. And first of all this is all rumors so you cant really start accusing pierce.

12. bbwSwish

bbwSwish Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TheTruth5:</div><div class="quote_post">Im sure if vince carter would be traded to one of the worst teams in the nba he wouldnt want to go either. And your comparing vince carters attitude to paul pierce? atleast paul pierce tries in games. And first of all this is all rumors so you cant really start accusing pierce.</div>
    I wouldn't call the Blazers one of the worst teams in the NBA. It's not like he was traded to the Hornets...

With Telfair, Randolph and this year's pick, I think the Blazers have a nice future.

13. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

LOL!!! the Blazers are soooooo not one of the worst teams in the league,even after the All-star if you watched the scores and games you could see that the blazers lost to teams like The Kings,Nuggets and the sonics by about 8 points or something like that...

Travis outlaw had like 6 PPG in about 13 min' of play every night...thats really not too bad.

With Pierce the Blazers can be better then Boston was last year...alot better PF and stronger centers...the Blazers young guys after the draft,free agency and summer camp can be as good as Boston's.

14. Miami Flash City

Miami Flash City JBB All Day

15. playmaker15

All I'm saying is that if this is true, then he should go and plays for whoever he gets traded to. He should look at the upside of this deal, he goes to a young Portland team that will be built around him. He will have a great young pg in Telfair and he could lead the team so success in the future, adn truth 5, look at the stats n ull c that VC put up equalr numbers to Pierce even with being injured and dogging the first half, but let's not start another VC bashing thread.

16. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

OMG!!! just heard that the Celtics might trade Pierce for only the 3rd pick and the contract of NVE!!!!
    can you imagine that?
    we don't lose any player and if we will re-sign reefDamon the Blazers can be H-O-T!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. playmaker15

Nice, If Ainge does that, than I don;t know what he's doing giving up a top 15 player in the league.

18. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting playmaker31:</div><div class="quote_post">Nice, If Ainge does that, than I don;t know what he's doing giving up a top 15 player in the league.</div>

Maybe Chris Paul will be a top 15 player in a year or 2...who knows?
    and even if he won't be - come on this is Ainge!! he signed Blount to this huge contract and brought over Lafrantz - a player that i would'nt take for free.

19. playmaker15

They better draft Paul because if not I see some riots in boston. I don't know why he does the things he does. He's made one good transaction by getting Davis, and if that wasn't a gamble. You can't just give up on a great player on some kid who you don't know what he is going to come out like.

20. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

Yea after Walker is gone Pierce will be complaining again and will be depressed,i guess i see some sence in this trade especially becase the Celtics can get "the next J-kidd" or something who will make everybody better insted of shooting 30 points a game and not trusting his teammates to score.
    Chris Paul can be a solid LEADER imo...