Pippen Is Here

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls' started by superman637332, Jul 21, 2003.

1. superman637332

superman637332 JBB JustBBall Member

congrats bulls fans a 2 yr 10 million dollar deal wiht your beloved scottie pippen nice pick up by the baby bulls

2. bullsfaninnj

bullsfaninnj JBB JustBBall Member

Pippen is aight. I hope he doesn't get in the way of Craw, Curry, and Co. We'd have to ship his ass off if he did.

3. NickfromKSF

NickfromKSF JBB JustBBall Member

He's going to be like a father or in his case grandfather figure for most of these baby Bulls, and after his contract is up I would expect him to retire.

4. AnaMayShun

AnaMayShun JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting NickfromKSF:</div><div class="quote_post">He's going to be like a father or in his case grandfather figure for most of these baby Bulls, and after his contract is up I would expect him to retire.</div>

This is a very solid move by the Bulls. i'm very happy to be a Bulls fan once again. if Pippen can control the ball-hogging of Rose and make him and the rest of the bulls play better defense, look for the Bulls to make the play-offs in the #7 or #8 seed.

5. slamduncan21

slamduncan21 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AnaMayShun:</div><div class="quote_post">i'm very happy to be a Bulls fan once again.</div>
    once again? you abandoned them while they were rebuilding? [​IMG]

6. AnaMayShun

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting slamduncan21:</div><div class="quote_post">once again? you abandoned them while they were rebuilding? [​IMG]</div>

no, i never abandoned them, but i wasn't happy with management and the way the team was heading either. but i stood by them while all my friends made fun of me, but look at them now. Krause resigning was the best thing to happen to the Bulls in a long time. i mean, even while the Bulls were rebuilding, i could atleast make fun of the Knicks every year, so i was good.

7. slamduncan21

haha. fine. i never thought krause was as awful as everyone else seemed to

8. AnaMayShun

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting slamduncan21:</div><div class="quote_post">haha. fine. i never thought krause was as awful as everyone else seemed to</div>

he wasn't that bad, he knows how to scout people and who to draft. but in terms of trying to win again, he went through like 3 rebuilding stages already. they would've been a real good team if they never would've traded B. Miller, Artest, Mercer away. and all they got from it was a ball hog in Rose.

9. slamduncan21

naw, i think that trade was great for both teams. the Bulls couldn't have Miller around, because that'd be bad for the developement of Eddy and Tyson. Artest probably would have killed someone if he kept losing on the Bulls, and we coulda gone without Mercer. Rose isn't exactly a ball hog. He knows to feed the ball into the middle during the course of the game, but whenever they need something going in the 4th quarter, he can do it for them.

10. AnaMayShun

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting slamduncan21:</div><div class="quote_post">naw, i think that trade was great for both teams. the Bulls couldn't have Miller around, because that'd be bad for the developement of Eddy and Tyson. Artest probably would have killed someone if he kept losing on the Bulls, and we coulda gone without Mercer. Rose isn't exactly a ball hog. He knows to feed the ball into the middle during the course of the game, but whenever they need something going in the 4th quarter, he can do it for them.</div>

i'm not seeing rose as being what they needed in the 4th, i believe he missed more shots with the chance to win the game than he made, by alot, i think he might've hit 2 game winning shots. and his fav shot is the let the clock run down, take a step inside the 3 line and shoot and miss, when he could've fed curry or chandler for the final shot to win or an open crawford.

11. slamduncan21

true, Rose can't make game winners. he can however, get something going with the offense when the rest of the Baby Bulls have no idea what to do. that was valuable to last year and this year, but we'll find less and less of a need for him

12. BRockwell

BRockwell JBB JustBBall Member

I think Jalen is a nice player- but two things to keep in mind when discussing him are 4 and 60,362,250.....When you consider that Paul Pierce will make about 8 million less than that over the same time period, and that Baron Davis will make about 12 million less- its easy to see that Chicago could do a lot better with 60 million than Jalen Rose. It really stinks that how much money a player makes needs to be considered when determining their value to a franchise, but it is a necessary evil.

13. AnaMayShun

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting slamduncan21:</div><div class="quote_post">true, Rose can't make game winners. he can however, get something going with the offense when the rest of the Baby Bulls have no idea what to do. that was valuable to last year and this year, but we'll find less and less of a need for him</div>

yeah, i can see your point. but i think that was valuable early in the season when Cartwright didn't have faith in the Baby Bulls. but late in the season when he played them more, they showed they didn't need Rose to score allthe time, Crawford and Curry were putting 20+points/night towards the end of the season with Craw hitting for over 30 alot. now the Bulls have 3 players who can score 30+/night, all we need is for them to play team defense. and the play-offs should be guaranteed

14. AnaMayShun

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rocko220:</div><div class="quote_post">I think Jalen is a nice player- but two things to keep in mind when discussing him are 4 and 60,362,250.....When you consider that Paul Pierce will make about 8 million less than that over the same time period, and that Baron Davis will make about 12 million less- its easy to see that Chicago could do a lot better with 60 million than Jalen Rose. It really stinks that how much money a player makes needs to be considered when determining their value to a franchise, but it is a necessary evil.</div>

exactly, i really wish Rose would let them restructure his contract, so they would have more money to add key veterans. i know, he knows he's not worth the contract they gave him, he's kinda like Allan Houston, but what's done is done, and it's too late to change it.

15. slamduncan21

the Bulls do have enough money to sign someone decent this season (more than what they're giving scottie) they just choose to save it all so they could resign tyson and eddy next season

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AnaMayShun:</div><div class="quote_post">the Bulls have 3 players who can score 30+/night, all we need is for them to play team defense. and the play-offs should be guaranteed</div>
    haha, that's what i've been saying all summer

16. AnaMayShun

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting slamduncan21:</div><div class="quote_post">the Bulls do have enough money to sign someone decent this season (more than what they're giving scottie) they just choose to save it all so they could resign tyson and eddy next season

haha, that's what i've been saying all summer</div>

that's why the signing of Pippen was so big, he's a defensive sf that they needed with leadership skills needed to mold the young guys and they all respect him and what he's done over his career 16 out of 16 years making the play-offs