Pissed-off Mark Hunt says fighters association is necessary, offers to lead it

Discussion in 'MMA - Mixed Martial Arts' started by speeds, Jul 20, 2016.

1. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

http://markhunt.tv/mark-hunt-asks-a...of-an-association-to-contact-him-immediately/

“If you ask me there needs to be a system where they at least run things past the fighters before making these decisions and the fighters can look out for each other. We need an association where we can have our voices heard. We are massive reason why fans watch the sport and we risk our health to do it.”

When asked if he was interested in leading the charge for a Fighters Association despite the risk of a potential fall out with the UFC, he said he would.

“I’m not worried about the UFC,” he said. “Shucks, I’ve been fighting my whole life. Fighting to survive in my home, to the ring and now cage. These guys didn’t even want me in the UFC but here I am. I’m not scared of them.

“I’m not sure what its like in the states, but in Australia workers stick together to make sure their voice is heard. Lots of guys have talked about this, but someone needs to make this happen and I’m happy for it to be me.”

When asked what the next step in forming an official UFC fighters association was, Hunt suggested interested fighters should contact him directly.

“I mean shucks I’m not an expert on all this, but me and my team have been talking to the experts about how to make this a reality,” he said.

“To the fighters listening to this I want them to get in touch with me via my Facebook page and we can get thing going. I won’t name anyone until we sort it all out, but get in touch and lets make this happen.”

[​IMG]

2. 3RA1N1AC

3RA1N1AC 00110110 00111001

it really is pretty weird that there isnt a fighters union.

3. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

It's likely to resemble SAG more than MLBPA, etc., due to the fact there are dozens of fighting leagues.

I don't know if this is the genesis of it but the process will take years.