Pistons 2006/2007

Discussion in 'Detroit Pistons' started by 1331, Nov 1, 2006.

1. 1331

1331 BBW Member

One huge thread to talk about a whole season. If you post anything Pistons in any other thread copy that post and also put it here. This thread should be one big conversation about everything Pistons.Let me start with Ben Wallace. How weird was it seeing him in a Bulls uni? All summer I?ve said I hope Ben and the Bulls do well. I was so excited to see that game last night, but seeing him kinda hurt me. The first time Shaq backed the ball into the paint I said to my wife, ?I wish Shaq would drop an elbow on Ben and knock his teeth down his throat.? I?m not the kind of fan that ever ever wants to see anyone get hurt, especially someone I love as much as Ben Wallace. I didn?t even watch the entire game last night. I just couldn?t.I still hope Ben does well and I?m sure I?ll get over it and root for him but damn it sucked to see him in another team?s gear.

2. Bad BoY RiP 32

Bad BoY RiP 32 BBW Member

Bad start to the season, the Bucks simply just outplayed and outmatched the Pistons in just about every aspect. I know it is only the first game but it is opening night against a team that the Pistons dominated in last season's playoffs. Even tho the Pistons lost I saw some good aspects such as Delfino coming out strong off the bench but why did they go away w/ that especially when Sheed got ejected? Maxiell got some minutes tonight and showed some of his potential, even tho Mohammed fould out he did show his ability to score but the thing that pissed me off the most was the Pistons lack of defense and rebounding which I think will be the killer for them all season if they don't improve. I bought the NBA league pass this year and I don't want to see a lot of what happend tonight. But like I said it's only the first game and I guess they are looking towards building chemistry w/ the starting lineup and the bench HoLLa baCk

3. ReppinTheD

ReppinTheD BBW VIP

Yesterday was a disgrace to what the Pistons are all about, the absense of Ben Wallace was really exploited yesterday. I mean, come on! 70 POINTS IN THE PAINT! We HAVE to fix this or we are not going far at all. 70 points is 2nd most points ever allowed in the paint.and how about getting a f*cking rebound...How many times did the bucks just out hustle us to a rebound. We couldnt get any offensive rebounds, yet the bucks managed to get one every other play it seemed like.I am pissed about that game. We need to figure something out quick. no3.gif

4. 1331

1331 BBW Member

Normally I'm pissed when I don't get the Pistons on TV, but I'm sorta glad I missed this one. Rasheed and the new rules are my main concern. He needs to shut up and play through the refs, but I?m he can. He could become a major distraction as this year goes on.

5. SunnyD

SunnyD Sexiest Poster Alive (Yessir)

We out-hustled Milwaukee, and Rip had a nice game, but we have a problem. We're a donut- there is a hole in the middle. Maxiel and McDyess can't fill this hole by themselves. Nazr needs to step up.

6. Pistonfan11

Pistonfan11 BBW Elite Member

We have the Celtics tonight, and we need a win. I think that Rip will have a big night, and Rasheed needs a good game as well. After that we have the Grizz at home before another beginning of the season west coast road trip. We need tonight and against Memphis to be wins for confidence going into the West.

7. PN13

PN13 BBW Member

Sheed does need to have a good game, and we need to improve every last stat of wednesdays game...that was disgusting...

8. Mobruler

Mobruler BBW VIP

After the Lakers game last night, I think one thing that was definately apparent waswe're an amazing team when tayshaun gets it going. This isn't anything new we've seen though. In the past he's always inconsistently had superstar like games, and when that happens, we usually look unstoppable. He can do alot for us this year if he can become a more consistant player and establish himself as our 2nd or 3rd scoring option. As it stands, he's not as big of a factor in the offense as Rip, Chauncey, or Rasheed, and I'd like to see him hop over 1 or 2 of those guys.The zone defense looked really good, but it was against the Lakers. Using and sticking with that formation was a good call by Flip, but as good as it looked, I think that is going to be alot more potent against the Lakers than most other teams. It's not going to look as pretty when we play faster teams and teams with quicker, more aggressive, and better passing point guards than Smush Parker.

9. Pistonfan11

The Warriors killed us last night. Defensively we were horrendous. We couldn't stop anything, and we were way too sloppy on defense. We need to wake up and start playing as a team if we want a good seed in the playoffs.

10. PN13

PN13 BBW Member

I watched the Det-LAL game. Tayshaun was making everything in the third, it was great to see him light it up like that. Flip Murray did not have a good game filling in for rip, but we got the 'W'for the GSW game...I saw the box score and if lindsey hunter has 14 points for the team high then that is a problem, a huge problem...but Nazr only played for 12 minutes and Maxiell played for almost 28. I dont know what went wrong but, this needs to change by Wednesday against NO/OKC

11. Mobruler

Mobruler BBW VIP

Another one in the L column. Atleast tonight wasn't as bad as some of the other loses, though. It took a superstar in Chris Paul having a stellar game and an unlikely hero in Hilton Armstrong to beat the Pistons in a close game. Then again, good teams win the close games. This start is scary.

12. Bad BoY RiP 32

It is starting to look like it is going to be a long season for the Pistons and their loyal fans like us. Another heart breaking loss to drop to 3-5, it is plain and simple the Pistons can't rebound and play D witho Big Ben. Nazr certainly is better offensively but he is more suited giving the bench a boost w/ Maxiell, McDyess and Murray. Speaking of Flip Murray he hasn't showed me really nothing where he can be our 6th man and give us instant offense. Delfino seems to come baCk down to earth and McDyess and Hunter just seems to be getting older. This certainly is not a great start to the season, HoLLa baCk

13. Pistonfan11

Our defense is playing terrible right now. We aren't cohesive and we are giving up too many points in the paint. I hope that the offense gels like they did last night from now on but you never know. We need some damn consistancy.

14. ReppinTheD

ReppinTheD BBW VIP

Yeah - this is getting old...we need to start playing pistons ball pretty soon.

15. anthony

anthony BBW Member

We have a half game lead On the knicks.Obviously theres time to turn this garbage around.By the looks of it, not a lot of hope.I dont care how close the game was last night. That was the freeking hornets with out their two best big men.And I wish the pistons would stop talking like they're still the best. Guess what, boys, you arent. You couldnt win with Ben Wallace, you're going to win with out him? Please. Take your heads out of your collective asses. Thats everyone from the Owner on down.The coaching has been bad. Everyone out side of Rip has been bad.Nazr is a joke. We would have been better off starting Dyess in a small line up.This team is driving me nuts. I'm almost hoping we dont make the playoffs. Then maybe Orlando will falter, and we'll get two lotto picks.I'm a life long fan. I'd never jump off the bandwagon, but this type of lazy ass play is unacceptable. And its getting old fast.

16. BALLAHOLLIC

BALLAHOLLIC Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (anthony @ Nov 16 2006, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>We have a half game lead On the knicks.Obviously theres time to turn this garbage around.By the looks of it, not a lot of hope.I dont care how close the game was last night. That was the freeking hornets with out their two best big men.And I wish the pistons would stop talking like they're still the best. Guess what, boys, you arent. You couldnt win with Ben Wallace, you're going to win with out him? Please. Take your heads out of your collective asses. Thats everyone from the Owner on down.The coaching has been bad. Everyone out side of Rip has been bad.Nazr is a joke. We would have been better off starting Dyess in a small line up.This team is driving me nuts. I'm almost hoping we dont make the playoffs. Then maybe Orlando will falter, and we'll get two lotto picks.I'm a life long fan. I'd never jump off the bandwagon, but this type of lazy ass play is unacceptable. And its getting old fast.</div>{Rant Over} :happy0144:

17. Bad BoY RiP 32

At least the boys didn't lose 3 straight games. It was a good balance game for the starters but the bench is still not producing. JMax didn't even get any run, I am thinking why did Flip put Dale Davis in? I am guessing to guard Haywood, but regardless I think Maxiell should of got minutes to get more experience. When the Pistons got down double digits I thought to myself "Oh man here we go again" at least they didn't dissapoint. Tommorow they got the Rockets and Pistons better be ready especially against TMac and Yao, HoLLa baCk

18. Mobruler

Mobruler BBW VIP

Yeah I think Flip tries too hard sometimes to play the match-up game and shoots himself in the foot alot as a result.

19. anthony

anthony BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mobruler @ Nov 17 2006, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah I think Flip tries too hard sometimes to play the match-up game and shoots himself in the foot alot as a result.</div>Big time.I think last night, you also saw why Rip Hamilton needs to be the number one option on this team. When he gets going, it opens up everyone else. Sheeds becomes more of a 3 point as well as post threat, Billups is able to spot up better, along with Prince. We become so much better when RIP is coming hard off screens and drives the ball.

20. Pistonfan11

Two straight wins for us against two solid teams. Hopefully we continue on this path and keep it up to prove our doubters wrong.