Pistons vs Pacers brawl

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by Sir Desmond, Nov 19, 2004.

1. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

Ben Wallace - suspension, you don't react liker that.

Ron Artest and Stephen Jackson - if it was up to me, I would suspend them both for the rest of the season. You don't go fighting fans.

Pistons fans - disgraceful beahviour, regardless of what the players did.

A black day for NBA basketball.

2. TimmyGinobili

TimmyGinobili JBB JustBBall Member

Austin Croshere was the only one I saw that did the right thing.

3. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

What the hell happened? Did it start by the fan throwing the beer on the floor? I saw Artest running to the fan and trying to hurt them and Stephen Jackson too, but this is just too crazy.

4. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    What the hell happened? I'm not watching the game, can somebody give a play-by-play?

5. slugzilla

slugzilla JBB JustBBall Member

I was surprised at the fans. Especially the guy should who threw the beer at Artest, he should never be allowed to come back.

6. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

Artest fouled Ben Wallace, Ben shoved him, it started a brawl, a fan threw a bottle, and Artest and Jackson jumped the scorer's table and went into the stands to confront the fan(s), I believe.

7. yudalicious

yudalicious JBB JustBBall Member

I have to disagree with suspending jackson and artest for the rest of the season... you have to remember, players are PEOPLE too! They deserved to be punished, they are role models, HOWEVER, put yourself into that situation, when maybe 10 or 20 people are taking dirty cheap shots at you (throwing beer, what not), I mean, there's ONLY so much a HUMAN can take, so I do feel Artest and Indiana players' rage.

Those fans should be banned forever.

8. AA13

AA13 JBB JustBBall Member

This was a total disgrace! The Pistons think they can get away with anything because the refs made bad calls and swung the momentum in their favor to help them win last yeas tital and it all went to their heads. Ben Wallace should not have started the fight. He overreacted when artest fouled him. It wasn't that bad of a foul but Wallace shoved him.

Artest was trying to stay out of it but the fan who threw the beer set him off. Artest and Jackson jumped the fan. I saw artest beating a fans head against a chair!! This behavior is a disgrace to the game!

When the Pacers were leaving the floor they were throwing things at them because they fought back against the team at fault. Jermaine O'Neal, if I wasn't mistaken went up in the stands and was fighting them too!

This was all a big disgrace. I think The Leauge should suspend Wallace and the Pistons that started the fight and fine artest for beating the fans. But from what i'm seeing from the Piston's fans i'm not liking them. The fan that threw the beer should be arrested! Fans don't do these things to PROS!!

Pistons fans forgive me for comments I have made but these are just my opinions. This just the most disgraceful thing I have seen.

But I still say GO PACERS!!!

9. Trip

Student
    What about Austin Croshere? Did he try to break up the fight or something? Or did he take a punch and walk away?

10. TimmyGinobili

Austin Croshere completely stayed out of it he tried to make peace intill it got out of hand but never got phyisical everyone else pretty much did. Every Pacer atleast. Heres how I described what happened.

There was a foul artest to Ben Wallace, it wasen't that hard of a foul but ben went nuts and kept going after Artest who at the time was completely cool about it will Stephen Jackson start ushering on a fight and it goes on. Artest is laying on the scorers table a fan throws beer on him he goes into the stands punches the fan other fans get involved everything goes nuts.

11. AA13

Croshere stayed out of it. He tryed to stop Artest from going into the stands. The fan throwing the beer was just outof control. I don't blame Artest. Even Miller was up in the stands with a broken finger!

Arteset was trying to keep out of it so he didn't get in more trouble! When Carlisle was leaving they were even throwing beer at him! Taht has got to be one of the highest levl of disrespect I ahve ever seen!

12. Jurassic

Jurassic Trend Setter

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AA13:</div><div class="quote_post">This was a total disgrace! The Pistons think they can get away with anything because the leauge cheats for them so they could win last years tital and it all went to their heads.</div>

Nobody ever won a series 4-1 because of bad calls or cheating by refs, get your mind right. Laker fans once again.......always good for a laugh.

Anyways back on topic.

13. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

Honestly, I would have done the same thing if I was Artest.I am pretty sure the fan that started this whole thing was drunk silly.

14. Trip

Student
    Damn, wish I was at this game. [​IMG]

15. AA13

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Jurassic:</div><div class="quote_post">Nobody ever won a series 4-1 because of bad calls or cheating by refs, get your mind right. Laker fans once again.......always good for a laugh.

Anyways back on topic.</div>

I don't even like the Lakers! If you read my post you would have seen I said they were all my opinions! In that series I saw some extremely bad calls from the refs that swung everything the Pistson's way.

But anyway I even saw fans fighting back against the PROS. You just don't go down to a NBA player and throw beer in his face.

16. TimmyGinobili

Well Artest was being way to cool about it something was bound to happen.

17. AA13

If I was Artest I would have done the same thing. Jackson did the right thing in my opinion to. You should always back your teammate up, just not to the level Jackson did. He was punching and kicking the fans as much asArtest. Did anyone see the fans engulf O'Neal when he was going to the locker room?

18. insanitarium

insanitarium JBB JustBBall Member

Heck yeah! That was a hell of a brawl. I say let all of them play, except for Ben Wallace. He is nothing but a thug. That wuss couldn't even take a foul. Those Pistons fans were a bunch of morons who deserved worse than they got. What kind of imbecile throws beer at the players? Damn....

19. Trip

Student
    So in the end, who were tossed?

20. AA13

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting insanitarium:</div><div class="quote_post">Heck yeah! That was a hell of a brawl. I say let all of them play, except for Ben Wallace. He is nothing but a thug. That wuss couldn't even take a foul. Those Pistons fans were a bunch of morons who deserved worse than they got. What kind of imbecile throws beer at the players? Damn....</div>

Someone agrees with me! If you look at the Pistons, you would think they all were thugs! It was a great fight. The moron that threw the beer that must have thought he could beat Artest or something.