Pistons @ Warriors

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Rudeezy, Nov 12, 2003.

1. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

Pistons 85 @ Warriors 87

The Warriors lead 23-22 after one quater of play. Cheany is playing great. He replaced J-Rich in the starting line-up(ankle).

2. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

It's a good battle going on between Prince and Cheaney.

3. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting allnet:</div><div class="quote_post">It's a good battle going on between Prince and Cheaney.</div>
    Yes, they both came out on fire. I was suprised that Prince was benched so early in the first quater after a perfect start. I think it cooled him off.

Cheany has been clutch for the Warriors this year. With J-Rich's suspension and now his ankle injury, I don't know where the Warriors would be without Cheany's great play.

4. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Exactly,I don't get LB's rotation plan here...It gets annoying the way he uses different players then benches them.He shouldn't of taken Prince out at all

Prince has started well in the 3rd as well

8 assist for clutchy

5. Rudeezy

What a great game. The Warriors had a chance to win it in regulation but NVE missed one at the buzzer over Wallace.

We are headed to OT.

6. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

GS win 87-85

Another game that was thrown away by Detroit

Terrible coaching by Larry Brown...why keep Okur on the bench so long?

Cheaney=great FA signing

7. Rudeezy

Warriors WIN!!!!

They pulled it off in OT. Cheany hit the big shot to put the Pistons away. Cheany led all scorers with 24 clutch points. Dampier had another double-double scoring 12 and grabbing 14 boards. And what can I say about Brian Cardinal. This guy got every loose ball, especially with the game on the line. Gusty performance from the Warriors.

box score

8. kobeonfire

kobeonfire JBB JustBBall Member

All I can say is- when JRich, Murph, Foyle, Pietrus, and Jones come back, the Warriors are going to be SCARY. They beat one of the best teams in the east, let alone the league, with a severely depleted lineup. Imagine Cheaney, who's been consistently scoring 20 point games, and Robinson, a wiley veteran who knows how to get the job done on both ends of the floor, coming off the bench! Brian Cardinal's been a pleasant surprise. I think Musselman has a knack for letting players like this (Boykins, Cardinal...) who work hard and hustle, flourish in games. I only hope that the Warriors don't lose Cardinal to free agency after this year like they did Earl- there are plenty of teams that would love to have a Brian Cardinal. Playoffs, here we come!

9. Rudeezy

I'm excited too. This team is playing great without some real key players. They are 4-3, 3-0 against the East. If they can keep this kind of play up until Murphy,Foyle, J-Rich, Jones get back...they will have a good shot to make the playoffs.

Musselmen should have got Coach of the Year last year IMO. He's a lock if he can guide this team into the playoffs.