Players who leave Man Utd go downhill?

Discussion in 'England' started by dycben, Nov 2, 2006.

1. dycben

dycben DYC 1st team Reserves

I've just been reading another forum and someone mentioned something about Man Utd players leaving, he says they only have one way to go when they leave and thats down. This got me thinking (yeah thats right, i think [​IMG]) and would love to get a collection of xManu players to reply back to him with.

The Utd players would of had to go uphill since leaving Manchester United, so any names? please. [​IMG]

Jaap Stam and Diego Forlan signed with other teams before moving onto AC Milan and villareal, so there aren't that many to choose from if any at all.

2. b0o

b0o DYC Squad Backup player

Keith Gillespie won the League Cup with Blackburn after leaving Man Utd, i think the only thing he won while at Utd was the Milk Cup in that famous youth team that included Beckham, Scholes, Gary Neville etc.

Leaving Man U was the best move David Healy ever made, i think he only made 3 appearances, he's now Northern Irelands top goalscorer and one of the best players his club team has had in years, he could've sat on the bench at Man U but i think he's a lot more successful now than he would have been had he stayed.

3. dycdan

dycdan DYC please wait...

Paul Ince, maybe? no..

4. reven

reven DYC Squad Backup player

I'd say Teddy Sheringham has been successful since leaving.

5. SoilBorn

SoilBorn DYC Mr. Rock 'n' Roll

<div class="quote_poster">reven Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I'd say Teddy Sheringham has been successful since leaving.</div>

What has he won since leaving Old Trafford?

I'd say the only one who was succesful was Diego Forlan. He was never going to get a run in the United first team ahead of players like Rooney, the ?12.5m Saha or Ruud. Plus I don't think he really adapted to the English style of play. Very few South American players do. Of course, he went on to win the European Golden Boot and launch Villareal into the Champions league but even that's tailed off.

Beckham's done nothing at Real and is on his way out as a has-been with clubs like Blackburn and Bolton sniffing around him. Ruud only has a limited amount of time left due to his knee and I don't think Real will improve enough to win anything in Europe in his time there.

Jaap Stam has had some success with Milan but he's not got much time left either.

Of course, Djemba-Djemba has had a glittering career with Villa.[​IMG]

6. dycdan

dycdan DYC please wait...

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting big_aaron:</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting reven:</div><div class="quote_post"> I'd say Teddy Sheringham has been successful since leaving.
    </div>What has he won since leaving Old Trafford?</div>Playing at the age of 40 is proof enough that his either a successful footballer or really in need of $$$.

7. SoilBorn

SoilBorn DYC Mr. Rock 'n' Roll

<div class="quote_poster">dan Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Playing at the age of 40 is proof enough that his either a successful footballer or really in need of $$$.</div>

Well, if the red-tops are to be believed, he's been portioning Miss Great Britain.

And he's hardly playing in the true sense of the word. He's coming on for about 10 minutes every couple of weeks.

And yes, I know he started the other day against Blackburn.