Forum Game Playoff based Player thoughts

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by GrandpaBlaze, Aug 24, 2020.

1. GrandpaBlaze

GrandpaBlaze Predictions Game Master

After three games, here are some random (or maybe not) thoughts regarding our players:
    • Dame - Very good - needs help.
    • CJ - Great supporting player. I'm glad we have him but wish we hadn't broken the bank to keep him here. Wouldn't be totally opposed to trading him but it would need to be a heck of a deal.
    • Nurk - Wondering where the "Beast" part of the Bosnian went? He is good but not beasting. I'd like to see more.
    • Melo - At this point in his career, he seems to have embraced the "role player" mode and does a darn good job at being a great role player. Been surprised at his defense.
    • Whiteside - Reminds me of Batum - sometimes hot and you're glad you have him and other times just seems disinterested.
    • Collins - Still not an impact player by any stretch and if anything, while out seemed to have grown hands-of-stone as he has lost too many rebounds, passes, etc. Offensively lacking. Rebounding meh. I put him as a decent role player but don't ever expect him to be more (used to hope for more but that was then).
    • Trent - Good 3-D player but can't seem to create a shot for the world. Seems to be pretty decent at catch-and-shoot/spot-up shooting but no so much anything else offensively. When I do the contributions, I recognize a lot of what he does, defensively, doesn't show up in the stats column but generally has minimal rebounds/assists. Would like to see a better offensive arsenal.
    • Ant - Looks like still trying to figure out the pro game when it isn't being played "playground style"
    • Mario - Meh, meh, meh-Mario!
    • Wenyon - Like his effort but he is fairly raw and I don't picture him ever being more than an adequate role player.
    With respect to others - no grade as they haven't really played.

Gramps...

blazerkor and TorturedBlazerFan like this.
  2. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

Just a few thoughts. Why is this a forum game? CJ hogs the ball, is a horrendous defender and it makes him a bad supporting player not a good one, let alone a great one. Melo still hogs the ball too much. Collins hands of stone are likely due to him being out so much and I think that they can improve, so while tempering your expectations for him is fine, don't give up on the guy. Regarding Zach and Wenyen, decent role players are good things to have. Other than that I liked everything else you said. Oh and Hoard has played 12 minutes and Adams has played 10... I'm very disappointed and expected a very in depth analysis on the Jaylens.

GrandpaBlaze and Chris Bowers like this.