Point Guard Problems

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by PointGuard720, Jul 29, 2004.

1. PointGuard720

PointGuard720 JBB JustBBall Member

With Mighty Mouse, Telfair, and NVE the Blazers have a big problem

Damon and Nick are both good point guards with experience but who will start?

Telfair has the potential to be a star but will he get any minutes with his 2 fellow point guards?

holler.

2. MaxaMillion711

MaxaMillion711 ...?

Mixer
    Thats tough...

Damon should start I think. Van Exel would be great coming off the bench. I listened to an interview with Nick Van Exel where he was asked that question. He said he didn't mind. Whatever it takes to win.

He said he gave up a lot of $$$ to go to Dallas because he wanted to win. His best line was :

Reporter : "Why did you want to be a blazer?"

NVE: "Cause I didn't want to be a Warrior."

hah..sorry if thats off topic....Damon should start.

3. dachen33

dachen33 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting MaxaMillion711:</div><div class="quote_post">

He said he gave up a lot of $$$ to go to Dallas because he wanted to win. His best line was :

</div>
    Haha.. i like that.

4. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

I think NVE could play SG if he had to,maybe back up sg then that would leave Telfair a buck up to Damon.

5. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting MaxaMillion711:</div><div class="quote_post">

.</div>

heh,thats good enough for me :mrgreen:.

Reminds me T.hassel press confrence : "i played the same in chicago but no one noticed me becuse we werent any good" *John Nash laughs*

6. CUSA Fan

CUSA Fan JBB JustBBall Member

I think it would work with Van Exel coming off of the bench. Remember when he was with the Mavs and was a great 6th man for them putting up great stats? I think he could do the same for the Blazers. Telfair would be 3rd in line. Telfair I think is too young and unexperienced for the role as a backup at PG is they had NVE at SG. Telfair lacks a lot of height and a lot of experience to be a backup to Damon. Sure Telfair could learn a lot from Damon and NVE, but he's not ready yet to be a backup.

7. bbwAce

bbwAce BBW Member

Van Exel>Stoudemire...

I'd start Van Exel, with Damon off the bench...then play either or both at the 2 spot for some minutes and let Telfair run point....

8. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting J-Roc:</div><div class="quote_post"> Sure Telfair could learn a lot from Damon and <u>NVE</u>, but he's not ready yet to be a backup.</div>

Yea like all the great things he thought Braynt to do,i can just imagine him with Bassy: " so hear now this is very important,no matter whats youre urges at the time,remmember that you come before the team and shoot the ball,dont ever EVER pass the ball,dont let the coach push you around,you do what you wanna do and **** everybody else!" [​IMG]

9. PippenIsMVP4evr

PippenIsMVP4evr JBB JustBBall Member

I think Telfair is going to be a awesome player in a couple of years. His jump shot will improve and he has awesome ball handling. Hes a good leader also. In my opnion though, I think the blazers should ethier trade Damon or let Telfair run point for at least 15 minuets a game because hes going to be good. But with NVE and Damon hes going to have like 2 minuets a game! So maybe get rid of 1 of them if they ever want Telfair to be good