Politics Political Hypocrisy

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by Stevenson, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Stevenson

Stevenson Old School

Writer
    I know we all think the other team is hypocritical, and so let's have at it. For me, the GOP is shockingly hypocritical these days:

- Not caring that Russia interfered with our elections. Or that the Trump team clearly had extensive contacts with them before the election. What about meeting Kysliak privately in the Oval Office after he fired Comey? You guys would crucify Obama for any of that.

- Evangelicals not caring what a moral ignoramus Trump is.

- Republicans not caring what a moral ignoramus Trump is.

- Not caring about the deficit in light of the Trump tax cut

- Muddying the good name of decent public servants and patriots like Comey and Mueller? Only Trump could get me to like James Comey!

It just goes on and on.

2. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

The Russian one really doesn't make sense to me because I guarantee that most of these Trump supporters were some hardcore commie haters back in the day.

And I personally got out of religion because of the hypocrisy...

But I see a lot of hypocrisy from the other side too.

Dems are supposed to be about inclusion and diversity and equity..... but they're quick to attack people that don't agree with them. You believe in the second amendment? You're probably a Trump voting, gay bashing, racist piece of shit who wants to build a wall. TBPup had a story about walking in downtown Portland with a red hat on, and someone stole the hat and called him something like a MAGA asshole.... the only problem was that the hat was for doernbecher. I see this kind of stuff all the time. This moral superiority, elitist attitude.

They march and disrupt a city that's almost entirely democrat, destroying property and hurting the very people that support them.

They claim that the police are dangerous, and the Trump government is a threat to democracy...... but they want to disarm the populace.

Some of this stuff just doesn't make sense to me. The very reason why I got out of Christianity (hypocritical about loving thy brother and judge not lest ye be judged) is the same reason why I could never be a Democrat either. They claim to want to be accepting and they want diversity and equity.... well diversity applies to opinions too. If everyone thinks the same thing, then someone isn't thinking. It drives me up the wall that people protest conservative speakers on college campuses. I don't even necessarily agree with those speakers, but at least give them an open forum to speak. The people who show up to war against the Patriot Prayer bozos. What kind of message does that send? You claim that those people are about hate, but you show up to throw insults and fight with them? That sets an amazing example for your children.

The reality is that both sides are fucked, and the truth is somewhere in the middle, but the media and the political parties have both sides so worked up that they'll never find a middle ground. They're so full of hate and contempt that nothing gets done.

Hoopguru, Cippy91, GriLtCheeZ and 3 others like this.
  3. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/19/us/politics/wes-goodman-ohio-republican.html

Wesley Goodman, Ohio Republican state legislator who posted Focus on the Family anti-gay hate propaganda on his web site. Legalizing sex with children was the "true aim" of gay movement, being gay is a curable mental disorder, defender of "natural" marriage (note: marriage is social, sex is natural). Resigned when it was learned he has carried out numerous gay affairs for years and groped an 18-year-old staffer.

Chair of conservative Ohio Citizens Political Action Committee say well, there is hypocrisy on "both sides", claims to have "no problem" with someone who "chooses the homosexual lifestyle" (really?) but the groping, that was a problem. Because you know for Republicans having affairs is now OK.

4. bodyman5000 and 1

bodyman5000 and 1 Lions, Tigers, Me, Bears

How is getting paid to play a game being a hypocrite?

That's all it is now, a career. Hundreds of little Ann Coulters running around, and that might be unfair to Ann Coulter.

The Democrats are a joke too. Throw every single one of them out except the Rand Pauls and the Bernies. There will be 5 people left.

5. bodyman5000 and 1

So uh, just for fun why don't you post some names of all these anti gay weirdos you're so interested in. I never heard of the guy but I could have told you he was gay beyond a reasonable doubt. Take his nutjob backwoods homophobia and compare that with his picture and it screams gay. My gaydar isn't 100 percent accurate but...if I could pick stocks as accurately I'd be the worlds richest man. wes_goodman.jpg

You should feel sorry for his poor wife and you should be mad at your community (this guy is gay afterall) but you'll just be pissed at Republicans while they laugh their way to the bank. They don't care about you in the slightest, they know that a large portion of old voting Republicans do and they care about those votes.

6. Further

Further Guy

Stuff doer
    There most certainly is hypocrisy on both sides but not equivalent hypocrisy, not even close. It’s not good enough to say “they do it too”. Both sides have their BS but the Trump-supporting Republicans have a mountain of BS to a molehill on the other side.

On the liberal side it’s individuals stealing hats and protesting free speech which is totally wrong. But on the Trump-supporting side it’s systemic. They can’t hold the beliefs they hold without being a hypocrite.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
    Stevenson likes this.
  7. jonnyboy

jonnyboy Well-Known Member

Anyone who whole-heartledly identifies as either a Democrat or Republican is a moron and helping fuck shit up for the rest of us.

8. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I dumped the big 2 parties years ago....it's like a big ugly divorce that goes on and on and on but they still live in the same house. We should start by putting a hard cap on campaign funding...equal airtime for ALL candidates and campaigns should last 6 weeks tops....including debates, primaries...the whole thing...we are getting burned out candidates who've been on the road saying the same shit over and over for a year and a half....one year in office they start campaigning all over again...it's all spin. We also need to have very serious vetting of candidates so NO candidate can run for office with ghosts in the closet or shady money..etc....I think we should also require candidates to complete a training course in political science and global politics before they can represent our great country....the job should not be for sale anymore and no candidate should be able to fake their qualifications to do the job....every American voter should have been as familiar with Gary Johnson or Jill Stein as they were with Hillary and Donald ....we're basically bombarded with Dems and Republicans non stop...more choices and raise the bar for running for the job

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  9. bodyman5000 and 1

Agree with most of this.

10. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

11. bodyman5000 and 1

I love you man but you're starting to lose it. Republicans more? Sure, why not?

They're all millionaires blowing our money and selling us out every damn day. If whatever issue you agree with Democrats more (I should say their stated position because who knows what they really think) makes you think they're less dishonest then you've fallen for their BS.

Franken is a perfect example. If every Democrat knew about what he did and it wasn't public he'd still be doing his "job"

12. CupWizier

CupWizier Well-Known Member

retired
    When I first registered to vote I registered as an independent, but that doesn't mean I don't agree with some Republican or Democratic ideas and to lump people into 2 categories and calling them morons, is being rather moronic itself.

Hoopguru likes this.
  13. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    Considering your hypocritical views and the hypocrites you support, I find your post extremely hypocritical.

BlazerWookee and Stevenson like this.
  14. CupWizier

retired
    Spoken like a true hypocrite. :biglaugh:

15. riverman

riverman Writing Team

This has to make jlprk's top ten list

16. jonnyboy

jonnyboy Well-Known Member

I didn't lump anybody. I called people morons who voluntarily lump themselves into those categories. You must have an extremely difficult time understanding my posts seeing as how you reply to literally every single one, and get my intent ass- backwards every single time.

MARIS61 and bodyman5000 and 1 like this.
  17. bodyman5000 and 1

Trolls troll on purpose.

MARIS61 likes this.
  18. e_blazer

e_blazer Rip City Fan

Consultant
    I’d have to say that the DNC suing Trump and the Rooskies for collusion to steal the election is pretty high up in the hypocrisy meter given that they colluded with the HRC campaign to cheat Bernie out of a fair shot at winning the primary.

Anyone who thinks either of the major parties has any moral high ground is deluded.

Hoopguru and riverman like this.
  19. CupWizier

retired
    Maybe you don't understand what you post. Even this one above made no sense either. What the fuck are you trying to say Jonny ass-backward boy.?

"Anyone who whole-heartledly identifies as either a Democrat or Republican is a moron"

What it says is that anyone who identifies themself as a Republican or Democrat is a moron. No confusion on my end.

20. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I think it's more like the moral low ground is really, really low right now

e_blazer likes this.