Pompy vs Manchester United

Discussion in 'England' started by b0o, Nov 1, 2006.

1. b0o

b0o DYC Squad Backup player

Can we realistically get something ? A draw would be excellent

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Dejan Stefanovic today sounded the Pompey battle cry and warned Manchester United: 'We've never been so strong'.
    Harry Redknapp's side head to Old Trafford on Saturday to meet the Premiership leaders.
    Ominously, the Red Devils have dropped just five points so far and look in prime condition to wrestle off Chelsea's stranglehold.
    Then again, they haven't yet met Pompey.
    The Blues are oozing confidence after their record-breaking start which has put them into the top four with a quarter of the campaign gone.
    And skipper Stefanovic (pictured right) believes they are equipped to snatch their first-ever Premiership point at Old Trafford. He said: 'We have a better chance than ever and we're looking forward to it.
    'We are playing very well, we have excellent players, we are scoring goals, our midfield players are working hard and as a team we defend superbly. The team is there.
    'We definitely have the talent and are more confident than ever. This time I know we can get something from the game.
    'It can be a hard place to go, especially when confidence is low. For example, last year, when we kept losing, we went there and lost 3-0 and it was tough.
    'Now is different. Look at our side now. We have tremendous players and a tremendous squad. At the moment our confidence is so high and we are looking forward to the game.
    'We are doing well and United must be wary of us. We are a good side and fourth in the table'We will go up there fully confident we can take something from the game. I'm sure we will give them a good game.'
    The last time Pompey escaped from Old Trafford with so much as a draw was January 1994, in a 2-2 scoreline.
    It has been 49 years since they last tasted victory, a 3-0 triumph in October 1957, with Peter Harris, Jackie Henderson and Ron Newman getting the goals..</div>

2. krustie

krustie DYC 1st team Reserves

I want Pompy to win the league. <3

3. reven

reven DYC Squad Backup player

I want Portsmouth to win this weekend, hopfully i'll be going to the game. [​IMG]

4. dycdan

dycdan DYC please wait...

Come on POMPY!!!!!!!!!

If Man Utd lose, that may just be the slipup which could haunt them at the end of the season. [​IMG]

5. SoilBorn

SoilBorn DYC Mr. Rock 'n' Roll

United won't slip-up. Rooney's having his awakening, we'll have Ronaldo back, Giggs and Neville have recovered, Saha will return to the starting XI and Heinze is coming back to fitness. We'll beat Pompey but it won't be a big win. 2-1. Rooney, Saha - Kanu

6. dycdan

Well this match didnt go according to plan. This puts the pressure on Chelsea. [​IMG][​IMG]

7. SoilBorn

Steamrollered. In a word.

8. dycdan

Must say it was a cracking goal!

Invalid Video Link

9. SoilBorn

C-Ron is unstoppable at the moment.

10. dycdan

I disagree, his just your average dribbler, nothing extra or unique to his game compared to most wingers. Nontheless the goal was a belter.

11. SoilBorn

<div class="quote_poster">dan Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I disagree, his just your average dribbler, nothing extra or unique to his game compared to most wingers. Nontheless the goal was a belter.</div>

You think he's playing at an average level right now? [​IMG] You really are blinkered.

If his end product continues to improve the way it has, he'll be the best winger in the league.