Portland get Van Exel for Davis?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Nylex, Jul 20, 2004.

1. Nylex

Nylex JBB JustBBall Member

2. bbwAce

bbwAce BBW Member

i've heard that rumor as well, altho it makes NO sense for either team...Portland already has Stoudamire, Telfair and Dickau...and GS already has Foyle, Murphy, and some other bigs too...

3. Vintage

Vintage Defeating Communism...

It makes sense for Portland.

Stoudamire......well, Portland fans have wanted his reign to end. Now it has. Van Exel will be starting. Telfair is a few years off, and Dickau has shown nothing.

Van Exel brings scoring and shooting, as well as being a starting caliber PG.

4. Nylex

It can't be as bad as the Philly-Cavs deal, that was terrible for the Sixers.

5. UltimateWarrior

UltimateWarrior JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Tripl3:</div><div class="quote_post">i've heard that rumor as well, altho it makes NO sense for either team...Portland already has Stoudamire, Telfair and Dickau...and GS already has Foyle, Murphy, and some other bigs too...</div>
    Murphy is no real backup center and neither is Robinson..Beidrins is too young right now to be given the full load at backup so the trade makes perfect sense. It would make less sense to keep crybaby Van Exel rotting on the bench.

6. Henacy

Henacy JBB The Man like Sam

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Vintage:</div><div class="quote_post">It makes sense for Portland.

Stoudamire......well, Portland fans have wanted his reign to end. Now it has. Van Exel will be starting. Telfair is a few years off, and Dickau has shown nothing.

Van Exel brings scoring and shooting, as well as being a starting caliber PG.</div>

I doubt right now at this point Van Exel starts,unless D.Stoud is traded. Van Exel would flourish once again in a role as a scorer off the bench for the 2nd unit, where he has the freedom to shoot more instead of focusing on running the teams main sets as a starter. I can see Van Exel taking back the same role he had in Dallas but this time in portland. Which means Van Exel wont start but Portland will find away to have his clutch shot on the floor in the 4th quarter.

7. bbwtrench

bbwtrench BBW Member

I prefer Davis over Van Exel

8. dachen33

dachen33 JBB JustBBall Member

uh...the trade is Nick Van Excel for Dale Davis and Dan Dickau. This trade will make Dale Davis more happier, and it will free up the center problem of the blazers. But they will have a 5-guard rotation with Damon and Derek starting and Telifare, Nick Van Excel, and Fram in the bench. If they sign Darius Rice(i really hope so). They can waive Fram and sign Darius Rice.

9. Nylex

It's Exel, there's no c!

10. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

The trade makes sense for GSW. They get a backup C, and they get rid of Van Exel, I was expecting, after the signing of Fisher.

It doesnt really make sense on Portlands part. Maybe they'll waive him...and someone (Houston?) will pick him up.

11. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Banks:</div><div class="quote_post">It doesnt really make sense on Portlands part. Maybe they'll waive him...and someone (Houston?) will pick him up.</div>

Why would they waive one of the best clutch performers in the NBA? this deal makes prefect sense, NVE is another scoring option and a guy who can give rest some Stoudamaire. Portland often had problems making shots late in games this season, I'm sure If Nick is heathly that won't be a problem.