Notice Portland Trail Blazers Improve Mobile Experience

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Denny Crane, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    http://www.prweb.com/releases/2017/06/prweb14462408.htm

The Portland Trail Blazers announced today they will continue to develop their mobile fan experience in the off-season. The have teamed up with Venuetize, a mobile-first platform to enhance the official team app.

TAMPA, FL (PRWEB) JUNE 27, 2017

The Portland Trail Blazers announced today they will continue to develop their mobile fan experience in the off-season. The have teamed up with Venuetize, a mobile-first platform, specializing in deep third party integrations and location-detection for contextual awareness, to enhance the official team app. Venuetize and the Blazers will work together a second time to include additional features into the Blazers’ multi-phased app development strategy.

“User adoption is critical for the app’s success,” said Nimish Shrivastava, CTO of Venuetize. “A phased approach allows fans to have a learning curve when engaging with all the features and functions that can exist within an app like the Portland Trail Blazers. Our phased approach allows our customers to win over their fans year after year.”

One of the core upgrades to the Blazers mobile app this off-season is upgrading location detection services, enabling a more personal, relevant, and contextual experience for the fans before, during and after games. Any fan at the game, who has previously downloaded the mobile app, will receive notifications, coupons, discounts and messages according to their opt-in preferences and settings.

New location and proximity features include finding your friends at the arena, scavenger hunts to make an interactive experience, image recognition at various points throughout the arena, and will integrate with certain wearables, like fitbit devices.

“The internal process and project management during phase one was magnificent and helped us accomplish much in a short amount of time. Venuetize kept us true to deadlines and schedules,” said TJ Ansley, Director of Digital Experience for the Portland Trail Blazers. “We are excited to continue to build our mobile experience for our fans.”

The Blazers app will be adding additional features to make the game-day experience smooth and seamless. Through the Venuetize platform, the Blazers are making it easier for fans to find and pay for parking through the app via mobile wallet. It will be easier to purchase food & beverages and merchandise during the games. Loyalty points and rewards will continue to be earned and redeemed through purchases via the mobile wallet of the Blazers app.

“We are honored to continue to work with the Portland Trail Blazers on such an ambitious project and to power their next-generation mobile strategy,” said Karri Zaremba, Co-Founder & COO of Venuetize. “The Blazers are a great, forward-thinking organization and we look forward to working with them for many years.”

Phase two of the Portland Trail Blazers integrated mobile app will be available for iPhone and Android users for the 2017 NBA season.

About the Portland Trail Blazers
    The Portland Trail Blazers organization is the NBA franchise in Portland, Oregon. The Blazers play in the Moda Center, located in downtown Portland. For more information regarding the Portland Trail Blazers, please see their official website, http://www.nba.com/blazers/.

About Venuetize
    We are innovators in people engagement for businesses where large groups of people congregate. Venuetize is a mobile-first platform as a service, leveraging an integrated ecosystem that optimizes the intersection of personalized data, marketing analytics, relevant/targeted content, and interactive technologies in order to acquire, retain, and monetize loyal user bases across multiple market verticals. Venuetize’s platform specializes in deep third party integrations and location-detection for contextual awareness. Venuetize was established in 2014 as a means of capitalizing on the highly fragmented market around the venue-based sports and entertainment industry. For more information, please visit http://www.venuetize.com or follow the company on Twitter @Venuetize.

For more information, contact:

TJ Ansley
    Director of Digital Experience
    Portland Trail Blazers

Tyler Platts
    Marketing Manager
    Venuetize
    Email: press(at)venuetize(dot)com
    Phone: (727) 401-4711

2. Denny Crane

Never lost a case
    Kudos TJ

3. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

I love the Blazers app. Hopefully they don't screw it up.

4. Mote

Mote Well-Known Member

Yet they are still unable to provide adequate television broadcast coverage for much of their fan base.

5. BoBoBREWSKI

BoBoBREWSKI BURP!

I disagree. There are several adequate options to watch every Blazer game unless you are the type of person who expects all TV to be free. This will probably high jack this thread.

RR7, BonesJones, Denny Crane and 2 others like this.
  6. ebott

ebott Active Member

I hope I can use it to stream all the games. I don't expect it to be free. Happy to pay for content I enjoy. But it will be way cheaper than Comcast, which I hope to cancel.

7. Mote

Mote Well-Known Member

You are free to disagree, but your assumption that I would want game coverage for free is erroneous. I pay a premium for satellite ultimate and high speed broadband each from a different provider. There would be absolutely no aversion on my part to paying an extra fee for the Con-cast broadcast, but it just isn't available in quality options in my view. Please enlighten me if I have overlooked a quality source, just don't bring up Sony and there crap service.

Strenuus, dviss1 and Dougnsalem like this.
  8. Dougnsalem

Dougnsalem not barf

https://www.reddit.com/r/nbastreams/

Shaboid, Jade Falcon and Haakzilla like this.
  9. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

I won't hijack the thread (like I sometimes tend to do) but can anyone give me some info (you can PM me) about Playstation Vue? I think this is the way I'm gonna go.

10. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Do you have a PS4? Playstation Vue is supposed to be legit.

BonesJones and Eastoff like this.
  11. BoBoBREWSKI

BoBoBREWSKI BURP!

12. Eastoff

Eastoff But it was a beginning.

PlayStation Vue is very good for 35$/mo compared to many cable packages. The only restriction is having an internet speed over ~15mb/s

13. Eastoff

Drop the satellite TV.

14. bodyman5000 and 1

bodyman5000 and 1 Lions, Tigers, Me, Bears

I'll hijack the thread. What the Trailblazers need to do is make Meyers more mobile. As in load up his stuff and move to another city mobile.

15. RipCityRyan

RipCityRyan Put in Dickau!!!

The app is already pretty bad ass. Hopefully they dont make it suck! The one thing I didnt like was whenever I tried to scan the barcode for loyalty points it never worked and I always held the line up so I stopped trying

16. RipCityRyan

RipCityRyan Put in Dickau!!!

:cheers:

bodyman5000 and 1 and Mote like this.
  17. Mote

Mote Well-Known Member

Thanks dviss1. Yes we have PS4, but the reason I called it Sony crap is it will not work for me. Unfortunately, our account was one of the several hundred thousand caught up in their billing "glitch" that prohibited funding. I even went to the trouble of getting new debit cards and trying credit cards. Still wouldn't accept funding funding. I may try again this season, but it really is a hassle. Hopefully the incentives put in the new contract will break the impasse between CSNNW and Sat. services.

I appreciate everyones responses... Yeah, even you BoBoBrewski!!! :cheers:

18. Eastoff

Google chrome cast is like $30 as a cheap alternative to ps4

Mote likes this.
  19. Denny Crane

Never lost a case
    Some of us know TJ personally. He's a good guy and deserves the props for his part in making Blazers digital initiatives turn out so well.

(To get the thread back on topic :))

dviss1 likes this.
  20. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

Will this get us a championship?