Portland Trail Blazers official Summer League thread

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by CelticBalla32, Jul 6, 2006.

1. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

2. Road Blocker

Road Blocker One and Done

Blazers lose their first game, however good games were had by the big 3, Webster Roy and Aldridge. Hope to see more of Ha next game

3. CelticBalla32

Webster and Roy had good games, but Aldridge didn't. Both recaps I read said that Aldridge had no desire whatsoever to get in the paint, he only settled for turnaround jumpers. Sounds so much like Mark Blount, just like I've said before and people said "no way." But I think he cares about basketball more than Blount, so hopefully he'll get his mind right. But come on, 3 rebounds in 33 minutes? In summer league?! Got to do better than that.

But Webster had over 25 points and Roy had something like 12 points/8 assists and played the point the whole game. Interesting. Sure he is a combo guard, but let him play off the ball to, the kid can score.

4. Road Blocker

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticBalla32 @ Jul 7 2006, 10:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Webster and Roy had good games, but Aldridge didn't. Both recaps I read said that Aldridge had no desire whatsoever to get in the paint, he only settled for turnaround jumpers. Sounds so much like Mark Blount, just like I've said before and people said "no way." But I think he cares about basketball more than Blount, so hopefully he'll get his mind right. But come on, 3 rebounds in 33 minutes? In summer league?! Got to do better than that.But Webster had over 25 points and Roy had something like 12 points/8 assists and played the point the whole game. Interesting. Sure he is a combo guard, but let him play off the ball to, the kid can score.</div>I think Aldridge is going through a little lack of confidence. He has said many times that he doesn't think he is strong enough to bang on the block, so he tries to float around mid range. I thinks more a lack of confidence than a lack of heart. And Roy is a pure SG, but has the ball handling and court vision to run the point, and they want to see if he can coexist with Martell.

5. DRob-50-Forever

DRob-50-Forever BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Road Blocker @ Jul 7 2006, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I think Aldridge is going through a little lack of confidence. He has said many times that he doesn't think he is strong enough to bang on the block, so he tries to float around mid range. I thinks more a lack of confidence than a lack of heart.</div>I think that is what you call being "soft". I really hope he is this years Channing Frye and proves people wrong. I think he can do it.

6. CelticBalla32

7. Road Blocker

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticBalla32 @ Jul 12 2006, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Wow how about the rookies today?http://www.vegassummerleague.com/box_score.cfm?game=79Roy - 35 points! on 13-22 shooting. He also grabbed 7 boards, dished 2 dimes, and nabbed 2 steals.Aldridge - 19 points (8-12 FG), 9 rebounds, 4 assists, and 4 blocks!</div>Yeah definently a good day, even though they lost. I'd have to say thus far, that Roy has seemed to be a much better player and definently more NBA ready than Aldridge. Every time Aldridge does an interview he basically admits he's not ready yet, and that he needs to add a lot of strength to compete.