Portland

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by kobe-360, Jul 25, 2004.

1. kobe-360

kobe-360 JBB JustBBall Member

In my opinion the Blazers will be the most improved team from last season. They had one of the best drafts and they will be a good team. So what do you T-Blazers think of it.

2. dachen33

dachen33 JBB JustBBall Member

[​IMG], their team is very young, they drafted guys for the future not for the next season, (if they are drafting for now or 2004-2005 season, they would of draft Jameer Nelson). I guess they trade away some useless players like Dale Davis and Dan Dickau for Van Exel is a very good trade for us. After all, Damon plays around 40 mintues per game after the Jeff Mcginns trade, that is too much mintues for him, that is why is so shaking and not consistence. Nick Van Exel will definity help that, he can also play some shooting guard postition among side with Damon, but if T-Wolves didnt match the Hassel offer then I dont see how he will get mintues after Derek and Hassel. Im predicting that Richie Framn will be cut in the train camp, they have a big guard rotation especially the Blazers want to play Woods more and play Telfair some mintues too. But i hope they can sign Darius Rice to a 2 year contract. He is a great shooter something the Blazers need.

PG. Damon/Nick Van Exel/Sebastian Telfair
    SG.Trenton Hassell/Derek Anderson/Qyntel Woods
    SF. Darius Miles/Ruben Patterson/Qyntel Woods
    PF. Zach Randolph/Shareef Adur-Rahim/ Travis Outlaw
    C. Theo Ratliff/Vladimir Stepania/Ha Seung-Jin??

Blazers always a deep team.

3. MaxaMillion711

MaxaMillion711 ...?

Mixer
    Last year after we got Ratliff and Rahim, we were a really fun team to watch. We won a lot and had so much energy. I expect a lot more this season with this years squad. Cant wait to see Van Exel Play.

4. Aaron

Aaron JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting dachen33:</div><div class="quote_post">[​IMG], their team is very young, they drafted guys for the future not for the next season, (if they are drafting for now or 2004-2005 season, they would of draft Jameer Nelson). I guess they trade away some useless players like Dale Davis and Dan Dickau for Van Exel is a very good trade for us. After all, Damon plays around 40 mintues per game after the Jeff Mcginns trade, that is too much mintues for him, that is why is so shaking and not consistence. Nick Van Exel will definity help that, he can also play some shooting guard postition among side with Damon, but if T-Wolves didnt match the Hassel offer then I dont see how he will get mintues after Derek and Hassel. Im predicting that Richie Framn will be cut in the train camp, they have a big guard rotation especially the Blazers want to play Woods more and play Telfair some mintues too. But i hope they can sign Darius Rice to a 2 year contract. He is a great shooter something the Blazers need.

PG. Damon/Nick Van Exel/Sebastian Telfair
    SG.Trenton Hassell/Derek Anderson/Qyntel Woods
    SF. Darius Miles/Ruben Patterson/Qyntel Woods
    PF. Zach Randolph/Shareef Adur-Rahim/ Travis Outlaw
    C. Theo Ratliff/Vladimir Stepania/Ha Seung-Jin??

Blazers always a deep team.</div>

Hell the top 5 backups on that team would beat the Hawks I didn't realize if all your players stay healthy and out of trouble you guys could put together a good season.

5. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Aaron:</div><div class="quote_post">Hell the top 5 backups on that team would beat the Hawks I didn't realize if all your players stay healthy and out of trouble you guys could put together a good season.</div>

They need to sign and KEEP Richie Frahm and D.rice and maybe even that thomas guy from the summer league,even as reserves.

6. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting dachen33:</div><div class="quote_post">Im predicting that Richie Framn will be cut in the train camp, they have a big guard rotation especially the Blazers want to play Woods more and play Telfair some mintues too. But i hope they can sign Darius Rice to a 2 year contract. He is a great shooter something the Blazers need. </div>You contradict yourself here. First, you say that the Blazers should cut Frahm, but later say you should sign Darius Rice because he provides for a lack of shooting. Has it ever occured to you that Frahm is IMO one of the top 10 pure shooters in the league, and that he could be a better fit for the Blazers than Rice? I don't think it has.

7. PippenIsMVP4evr

PippenIsMVP4evr JBB JustBBall Member

thats true but dude when is richie frahm EVER GOING 2 PLAY behind guys like derek anderson, up and comin qyntel woods,d miles ,reef, telfair, van exel, damon and patterson. unless the get rid of patterson i guess he could get some minuets but come on if theyre guna get a shooter get one thats going to actullay play

8. KBC

KBC JBB JustBBall Member

well, all I can say is that I'm looking forward to the season. We have nice depth at all the positions and I can see us going into the second round of the playoffs.