possible Moss trade fallout

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Thoth, Feb 23, 2005.

1. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

Miami trades down w/ Minnesota. The Vikes get #2 overall. Miami gets the #7 overall pick, MN's 2nd rounder this yr and a 4th rounder next year.

Disclaimer: This is sheer specualtion on my part!

2. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

What makes you think this?

3. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

This could happen, but only if a player does something to get the Vikings drooling....if Drayton Edwards or Mike Williams run a killer time, or if Derrick Johnson posts a 4.4 in the 40, maybe teams get enamored with them and want to come up....the Viks need defense and a WR now, so they could make serious trading partners....i doubt it though....

4. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBeef)</div><div class='quotemain'>This could happen, but only if a player does something to get the Vikings drooling....if Drayton Edwards or Mike Williams run a killer time, or if Derrick Johnson posts a 4.4 in the 40, maybe teams get enamored with them and want to come up....the Viks need defense and a WR now, so they could make serious trading partners....i doubt it though....</div>

I doubt it also, They need too much to trade up. They would be better served drafting a WR, and 2 defensive players in the 1st 2 rds IMO.

5. Vikings_4life

Vikings_4life nfl-*****s member

How high is Mike Williams supposed to go? The Vikings do not need a WR with the 7th pick. I still think Marcus Robinson can produce. He's a great athlete. I see the Vikings using the 18th pick on a WR.

6. Bleedblk&gld

Bleedblk&gld The Drive

I would be disgusted if they pick M. Williams at all. M. Robinson will produce and N. Burleson will be a play maker. Culpepper knows how to make receivers.

#7 S. Rolle CB
    #18 A. Terry OT

7. Bleedblk&gld

Bleedblk&gld The Drive

EDIT: A. Rolle

I keep thinking about S. Rolle cause i'm hoping the Saints make a move on him.

8. J-E-T-S 1083

J-E-T-S 1083 The Original Jets Junkie

9. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

On ESPN Radio tonight, a writer from Pro Football Weekly told Todd Wright that the Vikings are 1)Completly enamoured with Mike Williams and 2)Reluctant to draft 2 1st rounds....he stated that the Vikings are so in love with Mike Williams, that they will go as high as they have too to get him and would want to package their 2 1st rounders to do so....he did say that all this is subject to Williams workouts....for the 1st time, I think there is a chance that the Vikings and Dolphins might be talking if this is true....

10. Bearsfan1

I can see how they would need to move up. With Chicago, cleveland, and tennessee drafting ahead of them, if 2 of them target a reciever in 1st rd then williams could be gone. My guess though is that he would be there at 7

11. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

Im thinking hes the 2nd WR on most boards right now, behind Brayton Edwards....but that is subject to change based on individual workouts....Im really starting to get excited about the draft as the rumors start to fly....

12. vikingfan

vikingfan nfl-*****s member

It would not surprise me if the Vikings choose not to draft two players from the first round. Fact is, they do very well with their later round picks, so why would they want to pay the price for two 1st rounders?

I am hoping what you say is right...the Vikings definitely will need a new receiver. Burleson is going to be a playmaker, and I see him being the #1 receiver next year, but he'll need some help. M Robinson gets too affected by injuries to be relied on as a #2 receiver.

Man...I cannot wait for the draft now.

13. Vikings_4life

That would be so lame if the Vikings didn't use their two first rounders, just to not have to pay them the money. They are 32 MILLION UNDER the cap. I can't stand how cheap they are sometimes. How much do you want to bet they don't upgrade their FS spot. Lets face it, Russell is no good, in my eyes.

14. DaBossMoss

DaBossMoss nfl-*****s member

with the 2nd round pick they better get a FS to replace russell he's been slacking last year

15. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (N_Burleson4life)</div><div class='quotemain'>That would be so lame if the Vikings didn't use their two first rounders, just to not have to pay them the money. They are 32 MILLION UNDER the cap. I can't stand how cheap they are sometimes. How much do you want to bet they don't upgrade their FS spot. Lets face it, Russell is no good, in my eyes.</div>

NB4Life, i dont understand what is ironic about the picture in your tag?

16. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (N_Burleson4life)</div><div class='quotemain'>That would be so lame if the Vikings didn't use their two first rounders, just to not have to pay them the money. They are 32 MILLION UNDER the cap. I can't stand how cheap they are sometimes. How much do you want to bet they don't upgrade their FS spot. Lets face it, Russell is no good, in my eyes.</div>

NB4Life, i dont understand what is ironic about the picture in your tag?</div>

Ironic - Made of Iron [​IMG] just kidding
    Ironic - Relating, Containing or Constituting Irony
    Irony - a pretense of ignorance and of willingness to learn from another assumed in order to make the other's false conceptions conspicuous by adroit questioning
    - the use of words to express something other than and especially the opposite of the literal meaning
    - incongruity between the actual result of a sequence of events and the normal or expected result

So since none of these fit what happened in that picture there is no irony. Dont feel bad it is the most misused word in the English language.

17. Vikings_4life

Ok, I was clearly making a joke. I am still just a little P.O'd about the steal the Raiders got.