Rumor Potential trade w/ Draft implications

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by Hammerojustice, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Hammerojustice

Hammerojustice Chief Caveman, Keeper of Thor's Hammer

Trade Rumor brewing from Bleacher Report's Matt Miller involving the Giants‬:

"I continue to hear from league and team sources that the Cleveland Browns want to trade up for quarterback Marcus Mariota. The sticking point will be the cost to do so. But here's another scenario being floated by a high-level team source: The New York Giants and Browns have had initial talks about the Giants trading back in Round 1."

I'm not saying it will happen... just sharing what I've seen

2. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

I talked about this months ago. Trading back to 13, picking up the Browns second round pick. Then the Giants can justify talking safety Collins at 13 or trading back again and perhaps picking up another second round pick and taking Collins at around 21. Suppose they traded back twice. They might do something like this

21 - Collins safety Alabama
    40 - DE Smith or Odighizuwa
    43 - OT Ogbuehi
    53 - TE Heuerman

I think they badly want to take Collins but in a spot they can justify. I also think they want to come away with a DE and OL in the first two rounds. The TE pick to me would complete the offense. Donnell fumbles constantly and Coughlin hates that. Heuerman is a Giants type of TE. He can block, he's tough, good hands, and he plays through pain and nagging injuries from the scouting report.

3. cagedlion

cagedlion "I am the problem, and I am the solution."

Kreider kudos to you. I just hope this happens.....they would get
    several pieces badly needed.

I wonder who finally wants this to happen. Does not sound like
    Reese. lol

4. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

I look it like this. Do you give up an impact WR or OL at 9 to get a potential pro-bowl talent at safety when your safety position has nothing and you already have talent at the WR and OL positions? Plus, pick up 2 more seconds where you could potentially draft outstanding players. Sometimes, you to stock pile picks and draft for need instead of always going BPA. Yeah, that worked with Odell. However that philosophy led to the demise of their offensive line because they kept ignoring it.