Politics POTUS TRUMP - PRESIDENT OF PEACE

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by MARIS61, Oct 14, 2019.

1. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    First time in my life we've had a President who is truly and honestly flat out against wars for profit, wars for empire-building, wars for religious bigotry, wars for national pride.

I am loving his tweets today, where he destroys the war-mongering swamp.

Anyone want to jump in and explain why you refuse to support POTUS Trump fulfilling his promise to get our troops out of endless wars?

Is your political pride so butt-hurt by his election that you'd rather see our soldiers die horrific deaths for corporate greed? Sure seems that way.

2. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    1. Is this a joke or what?
    2. How many U.S. soldiers have died in Syria? 8?

From wikipedia:
    "A U.S. pilot was killed on 30 November 2014, when his F-16 fighter aircraft crashed in Jordan following a combat mission against the Islamic State jihadist group. Also, a U.S. special forces member died due to a bomb explosion while supporting Kurdish-led forces during the Wrath of Euphrates offensive against ISIL-held Raqqa. Two other service members died due to non-combat causes in northern Syria in 2017. A US servicemen died on 30 March 2018 by an IED explosion in Manbij. Four Americans, including two soldiers, were killed by a bombing in Manbij city on 16 January 2019.[221][222] One American soldier was killed on 28 April 2019, possibly due to a Turkish shelling."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties_of_the_Syrian_Civil_War

Now, think of the thousands of ISIS members being released from Kurdish prisons, seven of whom were designated by us as high value prisoners, who are free to kill Americans in the most brutal ways.
    Think of the Millions of Kurds who are being kicked out of their homeland to accomodate Syrian refugees being resettled into the Kurdish region at issue here. Mind you, these Syrians are Kurd haters.
    Also consider the Kurds being summarily executed on the roadsides by Syrians supported by the Turks. This is going to mean an awful lot of dead Kurds. Do these dead Kurds bother you at all?

yankeesince59 and BonesJones like this.
  3. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

A lot of Kurds are resting in peace thanks to Trump. They might have preferred to live....

4. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

He just sent troops to Saudi Arabia because they paid for it.

barfo

bluefrog, illmatic99 and Chris Craig like this.
  5. CupWizier

CupWizier Well-Known Member

retired
    You call what's going on in the middle east right now peaceful? lol. This was all done by trumps inability to understand how things need to be done and you just lap it up like a good little kitty.

illmatic99 likes this.
  6. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    To be fair maybe it's just me being an idiot that's entirely possible but I think the middle east is a situation that is pretty hard to know what "needs" to be done. Honestly, at least personally I have no idea what the right way to handle that situation is. It seems like at least from the humanitarian perspective lives will be lost no matter what happens. When it comes to the middle east it seems like no matter what a US President does it will be viewed as very wrong by some and applauded by others. To me, and maybe I'm wrong here it's just a very tough and complicated situation. This isn't "excusing" pulling the troops, or him using our troops like their merc for hire either.

7. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    I see the maris character was born after 1981, because Jimmy Carter says hello.

8. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

dude, he just sent 3000 troops to Saudi 'cuz they paid him. Who gives a shit if he's not war mongering, when he's LITERALLY selling out the military?

calvin natt likes this.
  9. CupWizier

retired
    It's called listening to advisors and creating a proper plan rather than just take a phone call from Turkey and then open the flood gates of chaos. His foreign policy is to swing from the hip and he even said he relies on hunches. Using your people in Intel would be a good start for this clown but nobody can tell him anything because he thinks he already knows it all. That makes for a dangerous president and that was very evident when he tweeted out to North Korea that he has a bigger red button. The guy just doesn't have a clue.

calvin natt likes this.
  10. calvin natt

calvin natt Confeve

"maris character" - important to note. cuz he aint real. has anyone met Maris?

11. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    Sure and I'd agree that just taking wild stabs in the dark won't fix it, but Intel and a "plan" could still go terribly wrong and there would be still criticisms of how it's handled either way. Obama was criticized for basically everything he did in the middle east too. I think he tried to do what you said with a plan and listen to his advisors.

MARIS61 likes this.
  12. CupWizier

retired
    He was ADVISED that it was a huge mistake and now we have proof that it was a huge mistake. No other way to spin it.

13. illmatic99

No there are other ways to spin it, and he is, and his minions are. It's delusional and falsified, but everything he does is.

14. CupWizier

retired
    Anyone seen a tweet or response from trump denouncing the video that was played of him doing a mass shooting in a church? No denouncement? No call for an investigation into who was actually responsible? I saw a tweet from his press secretary denouncing it, but maybe I missed trump saying so. Sure seems to be ominously quiet in this regard from the potus.

calvin natt likes this.
  15. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    I'm not spinning it, but how many presidents now have tried to do something in the middle east and it turned out "wrong", maybe it's because those problems that are millennia old are more than we can hope to solve. Obviously I don't think Trump is the guy to solve it, but I'm not sure if there is a person who can solve it.

MARIS61 likes this.
  16. CupWizier

retired
    Nobody is asking for it to be solved immediately and nobody expects it to be solved immediately but you don't partner up with an ally and then completely bail on them to be slaughtered by the Turkish army. Now we have troops in Syria that have been trapped. He made a mess out of a situation that could have been done much smoother. Don't make the announcement until the troops are in a safe place. Don't abandon an ally cause you need to create a distraction. We had a very small footprint in Syria. Why not get the troops out of Afghanistan first as we have a much larger presence there.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
  17. illmatic99

18. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

Thats very true.

19. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

I agree with both of you.

20. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    I wasnt really disagreeing with Cup, but man that situation over there is basically a somewhat controlled chaos and every little move tends to create more chaos. I dont like how Trump handled it, but when I take a step back, I also just dont know if its something an outside party (us), can fix...