PP is holding them back

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by Ranger71, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Chances to either put away the game with a 5/3 or win the game late and they are just too passive. Fox has been really good but he and the some others need to be more assertive shooting. Got a point at least but that would've been a great 2.

2. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Nothing new they never shoot

3. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Controlled the first half of the game but the 5/3 zapped momentum. Young team that's getting there but they have to learn to manage leads. Hajek has been alot better of late.

4. RangersFan

RangersFan Well-Known Member

I saw 3 things that cost us/changed momentum today:

1. The Smith fight. That is a low IQ play when clearly the Bruins were trying to start a fight to get some energy. Be smarter Smith and don't be baited, simply skate away there. That was very dumb.
    2. The 5 on 3 was the game changer. Anyone watching said either we score and most likely ice the game, or we don't and they get the mo. We saw how that went. SHOOT THE F'ING PUCK.
    3. Dumb play by Buch in OT. It is ALL about puck possession 3 on 3, and he flips the puck behind the net where the Bruins got control. They went down ice and scored the winning goal. Low IQ not understanding the play 3 on 3 by Buch.

Still, got a point in Boston against a much better and smarter team. Cannot flip out as we continue to grow and learn.

I will also add, with Zib back and Strome playing well, we have better depth now. I think we are one legit top 9 forward short now. If we had one more guy, we could play Fast and Lemieux on the 4th line, and then we'd have something.

5. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

A year away and a big, good trade is my guess. Getting close.

RangersFan likes this.