Predictions for this season.

Discussion in 'College Football' started by porky88, Jul 17, 2005.

1. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

First off these are my prediction and if you don't like them don't go nutz on me. Make your own.
    I don't expect to get them all right that is why it is called guessing. Something to do for fun.

Big 10- Michigan I see them taking it because they get the Buckeyes at home. It should be a close game though. Hart and Henne are experience now and should do great. Key game against Ohio St. at home.

SLEEPER: Minnesota Very talented team coming back I like there chances this year. Maroney should be a great back this year. Key game against Michigan on the road.

Big 12 South- Texas I finally see them winning the South. They have a lot of returning players back and Vince Young should pick off where he left off in the Rose Bowl. I also like sophmore reciever Limas Sweed to emerge as Young's go to guy. Key game is of course against OU but i think the game against A&M down the road will determine who gets out of the North.

Sleeper: Ok. St. Donavan Woods will have a great year and most people are overlooking them this year. They should be a solid team that will play with everyone in the Big 12. Key game on Thanksgiving against hated rival OU.

Big 12 North- Missouri I think they have the season that they were supposed to have a year ago. They won't be a big name team and I think whoever wins this side will be meat for the winner of the North. Brad Smith has matured a lot and should have a bounce back season. Key game is @ Colorado which might decide who gets out of the North.

Sleeper: Iowa St. The south is so close it's hard to call anyone a sleeper. The Cyclones have most of the team coming back from a year ago and remember they were a game away from playing in the Big 12 Title last year. Key Game @ Missouri Should be a good game.

Big 12 Champ- Texas A lot of people are going to say it's in the bag if they beat OU but A&M won't go down without a fight. Vince Young is the key to the season.

PAC 10- USC Whats there to say. They have so many returning starters this year and Leinart is the best QB in the nation. Bush is the most exciting player. Biggest lost was Norm Chow. Not a player. To good not to be PAC 10 Champs. Key game @ Oregon. If one team is going to knock off USC this year it's the Ducks. A lot of returning seniors and Kellen Clemens might emerge as one of the nations best QB's. If so it starts with this game.

Sleeper UCLA I think the Bruins could be bound for 9 wins this year. USC is just to good in my mind and the Bruins will push Oregon for 2nd but if Oregon does knock of USC then UCLA vs USC will be huge. Maurice Drew should lead the Bruins this year with his legs. Key game @ USC.

Big East Louisville Easy confernce and should be a cake walk for them. The newest members of the East have clearly the best team. Michael Bush will replace Shelton with ease. Brohm is a great QB. The defense will hold up as well. Key Game Pittsburgh at home.

Sleeper Syracuse Not really a sleeper since some people might pick them to win the confernce but the confernce is wide open. What you want me to say South Florida. A lot of the same team back from last year and have Rhodes and Reyes in the backfield. One of the best combos in the nation. Key game @ Louisville the last game of the season.

SEC East Florida They get Vols at home. Florida has a bunch of returning starters. Urban Meyer's new offense will help Leak. Leak picked up the offense fast after the 1st spring game. He tore it up in the 2nd spring game. Key game Home against Tennessee

Sleeper Georgia. Yes Georgia lost a lot of players but they have a bunch of talent. DJ Shockely will prove why he stayed at UGA all those years. If they can win against either Vols or Florida that will put them in great shape.

SEC WEST LSU Yea they got a new coach but with all the returning players on offense and with a good defense coming back they will be tough to beat this year. Jamarcus Russel is a sleeper for the Heisman and I think they do great this year. Key game home against Florida.

Sleeper Alabama. Not many people think Bama will do good but with Brodie Croyle back from his injury and they will be tough. Anyone who plays Bama will have a game this year. They will have one of the toughest defenses in the nation. Key game @ Auburn last game of the year.

SEC Champ LSU Yes they will win the SEC. I like Russel this year. They have a very solid team back and will surprise a lot of people. LSU is going to be tough.

ACC Atlantic Florida St. Xaiver the Savior will have the Noles back this year. FSU will be a tough team with Leon Washington and Lorenzo Booker in the backfield. Not to mention a very solid defense. FSU will make a statement this year and that is We Are Back. Key Game Miami they need to get off to a strong start at home against Miami. If so FSU is going to be very successful this year. If they loose I still see them being a force.

Sleeper NC St. I think they are a sleeper. I no some of you on here don't but NC St. went 5-6 last year and aren't ranked. They have a very powerful defense as we all no but might get exploited a little in the secondary. The pass rush will be one of the nations best. Key game @ FSU. The winner will most likely be the team to come out of the Atlantic.

ACC Coastal VT I like Virgina Tech this year basically because they have an all around solid team. Marcus Vick is the question but I think he steps it up. He has played solid this spring so come fall he will be ready. Key game home against Miami.

Sleeper Georgia Tech GT is gonna upset someone this year. Whether it is Miami, VT, Auburn, or UGA. I like the Yellow Jackets offense led by Reggie Ball who has matured over the years. He will be a junior this year. Look for Calvin Johnson to make a statement as one of the nations best recievers this year. If you don't know who he is ask Justin Miller and Clemson. Key Game Home against Georgia. It is on there turf and this might be the game where GT makes a statement as a top 20 football team.

ACC Champ VT I like Virgina Tech this year. A very solid team that might be in national championship contention all year.

Sugar Bowl
    VT vs LSU

Fiesta Bowl
    Louisville vs Ohio St

Orange Bowl
    Michigan vs Florida

National Championship Rose Bowl
    Texas vs USC

My pick is USC to 3 peat this year.

Heisman Canidates for fun as well
    Reggie Bush RB USC
    Adrian Peterson RB OU
    Matt Leinart QB USC
    Marcell Lynch RB CAL- SLEEPER
    Chris Leak QB Florida
    Bush is my pick.

Just like to hear your guys predictions as well. Warning this took a while to do and I made this on my old forum site and brought here. Lets hear your thought and your predictons.

2. BJames1156

BJames1156 LSU SAINT

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>

SEC WEST LSU Yea they got a new coach but with all the returning players on offense and with a good defense coming back they will be tough to beat this year. Jamarcus Russel is a sleeper for the Heisman and I think they do great this year. Key game home against Florida.

SEC Champ LSU Yes they will win the SEC. I like Russel this year. They have a very solid team back and will surprise a lot of people. LSU is going to be tough.</div>

I completely agree with this. Great pick, I'm suprised someone else noticed how great JaMarcus Russel did at the end of the season. All he needed was Saban to give him the starting spot and let him battle in those tough games, but instead Saban switched Marcus Randel and Russel back and forth. It can't help a QB's confidence knowing if he makes one little mistake he is on the bench. Also my one beef with Saban is that he didn't give a shit in Florida against Iowa and he put Flynn in. I'm sure he is a good QB, but he didn't see time unless the Tigers were blowing the other team away. If Russel had been put in when Flynn was, the game would not have been close. Russel tore right through Iowa.

You did have one typo as shown below:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>

National Championship Rose Bowl
    Texas vs USC

My pick is USC to 3 peat this year.
    </div>

This will only be a repeat(If they even win this year, which I don't see them doing). 2003 they did not win the National Championship. I will leave it up to someone else to reveal who won in 2003.

But great breakdown otherwise

3. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

USC was co national champs with LSU in 03. So it would be considered a 3-peat.

Kind of like Favre and his 3 MVP's. He is still a 3 consective MVP even though he shared the honors with Barry Sanders one year.

4. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

NC State 11-0, Duke 0-11, UNC 6-5

Those are my predictions

5. BJames1156

BJames1156 LSU SAINT

Gotta win the National Championship to be National Champions. Can't just have a bunch of reporters say your the champs.

6. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

Utah will win the Mtn West. BYU 5th at very best.

7. Thoth

Texas will not beat Ohio State which I believe is in Columbus.

OSU will not play a candy a$$ D like Michigan did in the Rose Bowl & allow Vince Young (the most overhyped player in the NCAA) to run wild

The Longhorns annual loss to OU will get Mack Brown fired & essentially end Texas' season.

8. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (blackadder)</div><div class='quotemain'>Texas will not beat Ohio State which I believe is in Columbus.

OSU will not play a candy a$$ D like Michigan did in the Rose Bowl & allow Vince Young (the most overhyped player in the NCAA) to run wild

The Longhorns annual loss to OU will get Mack Brown fired & essentially end Texas' season.</div>

OU lost more starters then any team in the nation so they are for picking this year. I think this is the year.

Ohio St. doesn't have anymore talent than Texas. Erik Haw needs to make big strides to be a great RB and Troy Smith is no Vince Young no matter what u think. I like Texas in that game for some reason.

As for Mack Brown getting fired. He signed an extension taking him to I think 2011. So he will be there a bit.

Wyoming yes Wyoming has the talent to challenge Utah this year. Will they I don't know but they have the talent.

9. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

Utah lost Urban Myer and that is gonna hurt them a lot. Without him they will not win the confernce.

Flordia is gonna have a huge year. Urban Myer will do the same thing he did with Smith, and make Chris Leak great. I see them finshing 2nd in division

10. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Utah lost Urban Myer and that is gonna hurt them a lot. Without him they will not win the confernce.

Flordia is gonna have a huge year. Urban Myer will do the same thing he did with Smith, and make Chris Leak great. I see them finshing 2nd in division</div>

Yea Chris Leak should excel at with that playbook. He needs to so his draft stock goes high. He lacks height to be a NFL QB but with good numbers he could sneak into the top 20. I hope he stays after this year because the Gators look like serious contenders next year with a lot of young talent. Even though Josh Portis excites me for the future.

11. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

is josh portis, clinton portis brother?

12. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

I never heard anthing like that. He is a Freshman this year and beat out Dickey for the #2 spot. He is mobile and meaning he can rollout and scramble and has a nice arm. I also believe he is 6-4. He made a lot of nice throws to Dallas Baker during the Spring game which I wathced on TV.

13. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

But if Chris Leak goes as a senior he will probly be the 1st overall pick in the 2007 draft

14. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'>But if Chris Leak goes as a senior he will probly be the 1st overall pick in the 2007 draft</div>

No he wouldn't. He is far to small to be an NFL QB or to gamble on with the 1st overall pick. If Omar Jacobs stays after this year he will go #1. Also Calvin Johnson is would be a junior and would go very high. Reggie Bush could stay and Adrian Peterson could leave as a junior. Leak would be a top 15 selection if he left as a Senior if he put up some solid numbers which I think he would.

15. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

yea that is true i forgot about peterson coming out of a junior, he would be probly be a top pick. I just think Leak is gonna end up being really good under Urban Myer.

I saw him once at Independence high in charlotte and he was torching everyone.

16. Thoth

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>Wyoming yes Wyoming has the talent to challenge Utah this year. Will they I don't know but they have the talent.</div>

I agree & don't forget about New Mexico. I never rule out the Air Force Academy.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Utah lost Urban Myer and that is gonna hurt them a lot. Without him they will not win the confernce</div>

I disagree. The new coach Kyle Whittingham has been assistant there for a decade and will help the transisition. There is new OC & scheme but Utah still has the talent on both sides.

17. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

Ill agree with you when i see it on saturday

18. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

I like Utah and Wyoming to duo it out all year for the confernce. Now Utah lost a huge leader in Smith but I think they might rebound. Wyoming is a team that is dangerous. They are talented and very confident after beating UCLA in their Bowl Game last year. I think Wyoming might win the conferncet this season.

19. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

whoever replaces smith is gonna have a extremly hard time. If he does alright fans will still want a lot more out of him. The next Utah QB is gonna have a lot of pressure.

20. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'>whoever replaces smith is gonna have a extremly hard time. If he does alright fans will still want a lot more out of him. The next Utah QB is gonna have a lot of pressure.</div>

True their is no way Utah repeats it's performance of last season. They probably have a lot to prove this year though.