Prospect update

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Oct 19, 2019.

1. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Zac Jones has 2 G 3 A in 3 games this season in college. Should be interesting to see what he does the rest of the way.

2. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Gropp failed to report to the ECHL. Yike.

3. kreidertime

Zac Jones had 2 more A and was a +3 in his teams win. Kid is lighting it up.

4. kreidertime

Nico Gross is seriously flying under the radar. His offense is way up this season.

5. kreidertime

Barron with 2 points now has 4 points in 2 games. Kid has a real shot at being a power winger on the big club soon. Pack's talent level is less now that Chytil and Lindgren have been called up. They should take a step back now. Keane had his 6th for the Pack. His value is rocketing up big time.

6. kreidertime

Baron with 2 more points, 6 points in 3 games. Kid looks to be a big time steal. Playing wing now and that is good. We need a powerwing. Especially since Kreider is asleep half the time. Wall another top performance in goal along with Shesterkin.

7. kreidertime

Barron with 3 G 1 A last night. Now has 10 points in 4 games. Pack lost 4-3 in a SO. Keane had 1 A. Now with 10 points in 13 games. Huska saved 22 out of 25 in goal. Pack have almost no offensive talent down there at forward with prospects. An example that Gorton has overdrafted defenseman and goalies IMO. Shame Kravtsov was a pussy and left.

8. panzerporter

panzerporter Well-Known Member

There is a lot of goaltending talent that will have to wait on NHL development with Hank here. I think this team is good enough to make the playoffs, would be great experience for Shest. PP is now 8th in the league, PK needs improvement.

9. kreidertime

This team will never make the playoffs until we have a coach that fully commits to a rebuild and stops playing schmucks like Staal, Smith and Haley.

mrmel29 likes this.
  10. kreidertime

However, for every Andersson pick, there are gems. Shesterkin has a .930 save %. Just recorded a shutout. Lauri Pajuniemi has lit the Lliiga league up this year with 19 goals, 8 A in 29 games. Can't wait to see this kid play in camp. Tyler Wall has a .945 save % and a 1.72 GA average.

11. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Hopefully not including kakko its amazing how much better we seem to be with later picks than the higher draft picks.

12. kreidertime

Another example of the fucking stupidity of Quinn. Lettieri is having another good season for the Pack. I thought he started to figure out the NHL the last 10 games of last year. Game was slowing down for him. Rotting in the minors. Gettinger is now doing well. 10 G 8 A. Rotting in the minors. Please get that piece of shit Smith off the team. McKegg off the team. Waste of time. No upside. Bring these guys up.

13. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

Really!!...everyone knows AHL success equates to NHL success! Lettieri hardly played in the NHL, never got a chance to prove himself. He and Gettinger will light up the 4th line. Fucking Quinn, man. Fucking QUINN.

14. kreidertime

Great thinking tool. Don't bring up guys who are still young producing for your AHL team and keep rejects like Smith and McKegg who never do anything. Swift.

15. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

I'd like to see Lettieri get more time as he has a good blend of grit and scoring ability in a 4th line role. I'm a little surprised has hasn't been up a bit more. Gettinger to me is more of a total AHL'er.

16. RangersFan

RangersFan Well-Known Member

So it is Quinn's fault Lettieri is in the minors? OMG - when does it stop. So he tells Gorton, hey Jeff please don't bring this guy up. Boy Quinn has a lot of power huh. And BTW - Lettieri has never done sh*t in the NHL. That's Quinn also I assume.

Enough with Quinn please. He is far from perfect, and may not be the coach here when we are ready to really win in 2 years, but to blame everything bad on him, and give him no credit for anything good is ridiculous, and screams of your coach hating agenda. Every coach is the same. After a season, maybe 2, fire the coach they are awful. And any of your pet players that don't make it it's the coaches fault not that you were wrong on their skills (McIlrath and Andersson scream out - and Andersson can still be a good player being that he is so young).

17. panzerporter

panzerporter Well-Known Member

I could see Haley in the lineup since he can fight if teams take runs at young players but McKegg makes no sense let alone the two of them together and that's Quinn's decision. That being said I still like Quinn as a coach, his biggest problem is getting a young team to adhere to his system. The Rangers have the highest scoring defensive unit in the NHL, Quinn encourages defensemen to get involved offensively but this requires forwards to rotate and cover the vacancy left which fails to happen too often but is part of a young team's growing pains. I think Lettieri's biggest problem is he's small but 6'6 Tim Gettinger should be up playing McKegg's minutes. The Rangers have had a lot of personnel turnover since Quinn's arrival and I didn't see much bashing from players who were moved.

18. kreidertime

Check the stats. This organization hasn't won a cup in 26 fucking years.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
  19. kreidertime

Ryan Graves. 8 G 11 A 19 Points, +34

What did I say about that piece of shit AV. Absolutely no clue how important stay at home defenseman are who are physical. Freakin moron. Should have kept Graves and fired him earlier.

20. kreidertime

Rangers look like they might have a steal with the Lauri Pajuniemi pick. 37 games, 23 goals, 10 assist for 33 points in Finland's top league. His team freakin sucks also. He literally has no help so this pick looks promising. Righty shot.