Psp

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Courtking, Nov 14, 2006.

1. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

Anyone have a PSP? I'm thinking about getting one, just want to see what you guys think of them before I buy...

2. thedude9990

thedude9990 JBB JustBBall Member

i got one, played it for 2 hours, went to the store and returned it, then they wouldnt take it back cause it was used, so i sold it on ebay

3. monty001

monty001 Sonics belong in Seattle

I had mine for about 2 months and sold it on ebay. It's pretty cool and all, but I never really played it all that much. Some of the games lag hella, not sure if they fixed that yet. To me, watching movies on it is worthless. I used the internet/wi-fi on it once. If you're a big portable gamer...then sure it's worth it I guess. Otherwise...I don't think so.

4. hustler

hustler Revving up the Engine

It kills time when your bored, but the games take forever to load. I wouldn't get it more then $200.

5. MainMan

MainMan JBB JustBBall Member

if u get homebrew on there its amazing other than that though it decent at best... ps3 is suppost to have some stuff to go with the psp soo we will see the future of that

6. hustler

hustler Revving up the Engine

Is Microsoft going to have it's own handheld console?

7. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

Just a question, can you go on the internet using a PSP?

8. thedude9990

<div class="quote_poster">MainMan Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">if u get homebrew on there its amazing other than that though it decent at best... ps3 is suppost to have some stuff to go with the psp soo we will see the future of that</div>

no its not i had a gig worht of homebrew on it i still found it boring

9. thedude9990

<div class="quote_poster">Brian Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Just a question, can you go on the internet using a PSP?</div>

yes

10. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

I bought it when it first came out. It was fun for exactly 42 minutes, then I decided to never play it again. I ended up trading it for a Patriots ticket and a couch.

11. Riot

Riot JBB JustBBall Member

Don't get it.

12. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

<div class="quote_poster">thedude9990 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">yes</div>

Can you use it anytime you want? Do you need a special order or something? Do you need a special connection? Or can you just turn it on and be on the net?

13. Bleed Green

Bleed Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

You need to have a router.

14. thedude9990

^wireless as well

15. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

Alright then, doesn't look like I'll be buying one. I'll probably use the $200 to save for a new Macbook this summer or something...

16. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    Am I gonna be the only one here who likes the PSP?

I had the same question about this a while ago, and despite many comments saying PSPs suck and what not, I went ahead and still bought one when the Entertainment Pack came out.

It's really good. I have three games for it right now: ATV, MLB 06 and NBA Ballers. The battery life is fairly decent and the games are fun to go around with. As for lagging load times, it depends on the game. For example, NBA Ballers takes 2 minutes or so to load while MLB 06 is about half of that. Loco Roco takes like 5 seconds. The Internet connection is quick and snazzy, and I can access a few points from my house, probably from a few neighbours as I don't have a router. I've been using it as an entertainment hub of sorts. I have a few movies and about 40 songs on my 1 gig stick, and it's really handy on road trips.

If I had a say, I'd tell you to go for it, especially if you get a good deal. And I do agree though in that UMD movies suck. They're pretty clear and all but it kills the battery life. Better to download/convert movies.

17. umair

umair "Never underestimate the heart of a champion."

I have a 165 bucks saved up. My friend is selling his used psp for 120. Is it worth buying? and how much is a used psp at gamestop? It seems as if many people think it gets boring early, but I personally like it.

18. Trip

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">Umair15 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I have a 165 bucks saved up. My friend is selling his used psp for 120. Is it worth buying? and how much is a used psp at gamestop? It seems as if many people think it gets boring early, but I personally like it.</div>
    What firmware is it? Also, there's a hidden cost to buying a PSP as you'll need a memory card to be able to save games. A 32MB one does come with the Value Pack, but it means you can only save games and not take advantage of the mp3 and movie player. A 1GB one is now fairly cheap at around $50.

The price on the PSP is going to keep dropping, and I'd personally buy new. Depends on what you want.

19. umair

umair "Never underestimate the heart of a champion."

I want like the whole package meaning everything high on it, filled with everything. I am gonna wait till price drops, and I guess I will buy a brand new one.

20. Trip

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">Umair15 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I want like the whole package meaning everything high on it, filled with everything. I am gonna wait till price drops, and I guess I will buy a brand new one.</div>
    The Entertainment Pack comes with a 1GB stick, the ATV game, and a movie for $230 US. I've noticed the big chains throwing a few more movies into the package, so go for it when you see a deal in the flyers if you want it before Christmas.