QUICK ARTICLE: "At All-star Break, Lillard got his body--and his mind--right"

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by PtldPlatypus, Mar 20, 2017.

1. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

http://www.csnnw.com/portland-trail...ak-damian-lillard-got-his-body-and-mind-right

Upshot of the article is that Lillard has been dealing with an undisclosed personal family issue, and took time during the all-star break to really talk to a lot of family and other close advisers. He says a weight has been lifted from his shoulders, and he feels freer to focus on basketball without other life distractions impeding his ability to lead the team.

2. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

This is the hyped article?

Jeez, man. There's really not much here. Dame had personal issues and dealt with them during the break.

HailBlazers and SlyPokerDog like this.
  3. UKRAINEFAN

UKRAINEFAN Well-Known Member

un-retired
    This kind of confirms what some thought here on the forum; that there was something going with the team that wasn't really basketball-related. It's a little concerning that no one close to the team seems to have addressed this until right before the allstar game.

4. BosnianChampion

BosnianChampion Well-Known Member

I work for Uncle Phil
    Some personal issues you can't address whenever you want. Some have their own time schedule. I'm glad it's resolved, and our basketball players can just play basketball.

Orion Bailey and riverman like this.
  5. riverman

riverman Writing Team

One given in this life...shit happens. Things that seem big a dramatic in your 20s end up being no big deal when you get older....glad he has the maturity to not get hung up on a problem but seek a solution....many live their entire lives obsessed with some drama....dig the hole, scream in it...fill it up and go have some fun!!! I liked the article...insightful

BosnianChampion likes this.
  6. UKRAINEFAN

UKRAINEFAN Well-Known Member

un-retired
    Well, I wish it could have been resolved in time for us to fighting for the 5th or 6th seed instead of the 8th! And I suspect there were other issues that could have been resolved also.

7. BosnianChampion

BosnianChampion Well-Known Member

I work for Uncle Phil
    Me too! But I can't feel impatient for them other than to say in support of them getting better as soon as possible. I had some family things, personal things in my life when I didn't need them or want them, but they get resolved in their time.

Jufus is so young, and CJ and Dame are still in their prime. Mo is young and Noah is young. We still have time! Not this year without a miracle, but next year looks good!

HailBlazers and Orion Bailey like this.