Quick Chat 10/23

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by dreamcloud, Oct 23, 2008.

1. dreamcloud

dreamcloud Well-Known Member

2. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

sorry Jason, but we're just being honest... isn't that exactly what you told Greg?

Blazer fans deserve better.

STOMP

3. noknobs

noknobs Well-Known Member

Well he admitted he mispoke by using the word "underwhelming". If Greg doesn't mind, I'm not sure why any of us should.

While him complaining about the criticism he got seems a tad hypocritical, in fairness, some of the comments people wrote were a little worse than calling someone "underwhelming"... :tsktsk:

I'd just rather forget the whole thing and celebrate the fact Oden is on our team.

4. Nate4Prez

Nate4Prez . . . .

Are you Jason Quick?

5. Nate4Prez

Nate4Prez . . . .

According to this (and I dont take it as anything definitive) Roy, Quick, and McMillian like Batum starting in the 3 spot.

6. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

we aren't comparing apples to apples here so I don't know why you're going all Dikembe on me. Greg is a heralded rookie about to play his first NBA game. Quick is is becoming the local institution of whiny journalism. Remind me of the tone/criticisms Beatwriter Quick generally lays on veterans who've outstayed their welcome in his opinion? He's proven himself to be a lazy reporter who'd much rather rely on rumor and innuendo so as to stir the pot then be a professional and research and relay the facts. Players have seen he's a lazy hack and ignore him... regardless of whether the player is in the right in that situation, how does that benefit me the fan? Dudes had at least a decade at this and yet still demonstrates he doesn't understand the basics of the salary cap.

He's outstayed his welcome with me. Too much Drama Queen from a position that should be held by someone who reports facts and who hopefully likes sports. He writes like he's trying to be your buddy and wants to get together and mock the players he openly disdains... and to discuss his love of Damon

For years I generally haven't clicked his links ($) provided here because of this opinion. Some say he's been better lately, mostly I suppose because he's writing more positive articles with the young fresh stories he gets to cover. But I lived back in Portland through last winter and would glance through the O's sports now and again and see it's basically the SOS. Once he's written the exciting new blazer so-n-so article a few times his next angle is tear them down. So it's not just the latest article on Greg, it's also that dude doesn't have credibility with a decent slice of the fans who've seen this BS too many times before... I'm sure many who were going after him didn't get riled up just on his latest.

STOMP

Last edited: Oct 23, 2008
  7. noknobs

noknobs Well-Known Member

I'm going all Dikembe on you? That finger wag was meant in a humurous way... More to the point, it wasn't even remotely pointed at you, STOMP... What are you, five?

Do whatever you want, I don't care. My opinion is it's over and it's a non-issue.

8. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

sometimes I joke like I'm five. I did mean that as a funny but I guess one has to include the :drumroll: to make sure everyone knows

STOMP

9. The Professional Fan

The Professional Fan Big League Scrub

I've said it a million times, I think Quick does a phenominal job.