Qyntel Woods' Makeover

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by CUSA Fan, Jul 18, 2004.

1. CUSA Fan

CUSA Fan JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">'One of the most troubled and mocked Trail Blazers, Qyntel Woods decided this offseason it was time for a career makeover.

Woods has hired a personal assistant, and has added 15 pounds of muscle this summer. He has entered a drug rehab center, and claims he has kicked his marijuana habit.

'And on Thursday, he sat in a barber's chair and watched his once beloved braids fall into his lap.'

"A lot of people look at me as a thug," Woods said. "But that's really not the case. It's just the look, the braids and things like that. But I'm a professional and I need to start acting like one."

'He is out to reconstruct his image, and more important, resurrect his career.'

'Both, Woods admits, can't get any lower.'

'Not after multiple marijuana issues, compiled with a strip club brawl, sullied his reputation. One of the instances included being stopped on Interstate 5 with burning marijuana ashes in his car, during which he showed a police officer a trading card for identification, making Woods the butt of countless jokes. It didn't help, either, that on the court, Woods was given several chances, including the backup shooting guard and backup point guard positions, only to wilt under the pressure.'

"I really think my career is in jeopardy," Woods said. "So it's time for me to make some changes."

In Woods' first summer game came his chance to prove he can come back; he had 23 points in 22 minutes and had 4 rebounds and 3 assists.</div>

Full Story

Good to see he's trying to turn everything around, into a better direction.

2. twool913

twool913 JBB JustBBall Member

That's good to hear that he's trying to turn his short career around. Hopefully it works out in the end.

3. Buckets

Buckets JBB JustBBall Member

Good to see he's trying to get his career on track, so should the other blazers I mean like all of them are potheads. Im sorry if I made anyone mad with that statement but it's true. If the Blazers try to follow his lead I can gaurantee they'll have renewed respect.

Imagine Qyntel Woods bald.....

4. mattyc

mattyc JBB JustBBall Member

Will be interested to see if he can make it work.

If he fails to really play well and stay out of trouble, it'll definitely be a case of unfufilled potential.

5. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

The nxt T-Mac :mrgreen:

6. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

Qyntel's new look:
    [​IMG]

7. dachen33

dachen33 JBB JustBBall Member

im glad he get away from his old bad boy look. Just look at his face, his mama will be proud of him now. Hey maybe Woods can crake the rostation and gets more mintue next year.

8. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting dachen33:</div><div class="quote_post">im glad he get away from his old bad boy look. Just look at his face, his mama will be proud of him now. Hey maybe Woods can crake the rostation and gets more mintue next year.</div>

I get all exited imagening Woods on the top scorer list avreging like 24 points,3 reb,3 assts per game,and the most impoved player of the year...

We can only hope [​IMG]

9. PippenIsMVP4evr

PippenIsMVP4evr JBB JustBBall Member

the blazers should DEFINITLY start q.woods ovr derek anderson at SG next year. 1)woods has soooo much pontential and could be the next t-mac.2)he played great in summer league games.3)derek anderson is fading and not that great anymore

10. deception

deception JBB Banned Member

so dr. king martyred himself so that young black men have to compromise themselves in the year 2004 to appease public sentiment? they are just braids, get over it. if xenophobic white dudes fear braids or his intimidating ghetto look, who cares? woods shouldn't care about his personality perception to white america, he should focus on aligning his game with the high hopes experts had for him coming out junior college. And checking yourself into rehab for smoking pot is ridiculous, come on the president did cocaine at woods? age.

11. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting deception:</div><div class="quote_post">so dr. king martyred himself so that young black men have to compromise themselves in the year 2004 to appease public sentiment? they are just braids, get over it. if xenophobic white dudes fear braids or his intimidating ghetto look, who cares? woods shouldn't care about his personality perception to white america, he should focus on aligning his game with the high hopes experts had for him coming out junior college. And checking yourself into rehab for smoking pot is ridiculous, come on the president did cocaine at woods? age.</div>

I agree with the hair thing i guess its stupid,but maybe being a good boy will drive him to do everything right all the way in his eyes or something,go figure his logic...

And about the drug thing i highly disagree,he must be an athlete in order to be a good player,your president however can hassel and score and everything will be the same for him.

And Cheeks will try Q as starter,Cheeks got balls,he wants to give anyone a chance to be a star,look at Miles over Shareef,B.wells,randolph and others...

12. deception

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rod:</div><div class="quote_post">

And about the drug thing i highly disagree,he must be an athlete in order to be a good player,your president however can hassel and score and everything will be the same for him.

And Cheeks will try Q as starter,Cheeks got balls,he wants to give anyone a chance to be a star,look at Miles over Shareef,B.wells,randolph and others...</div>

I would agree if u can u prove that pot adversely effects performance? of course i don't mean pot right before a game but recreational use at parties or before sleep. and fortunately he's not my president, i'm canadian.

13. NickVanExel

NickVanExel JBB JustBBall Member

If Qyntel Woods can play half as good in the real NBA games as he does in those summer league games, he could be a great player. I have always believed in this guys potential and its nice to see that he is working a lot harder now.

14. PippenIsMVP4evr

PippenIsMVP4evr JBB JustBBall Member

yea..he should start he has awesome potential

15. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting deception:</div><div class="quote_post">I would agree if u can u prove that pot adversely effects performance?</div>

mighty mouse 02-03
    mighty mouse 03-04

nuff' said... :mrgreen:

16. deception

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rod:</div><div class="quote_post">mighty mouse 02-03
    mighty mouse 03-04

nuff' said... :mrgreen:</div>

well i think that might be attributed to him being an undersized point guard entering his 30's.

17. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting deception:</div><div class="quote_post">well i think that might be attributed to him being an undersized point guard entering his 30's.</div>

My point was that he was way better in 03-04 than in 02-03,becuase he stoped using drugs....