Rajon Rondo’s 2017-18 salary with Bulls $3 million guaranteed

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls' started by truebluefan, Jul 9, 2016.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

When the Bulls signed Rajon Rondo to a two-year contract, there was one key question: How much of his 2017-118 salary was guaranteed?

Chicago needed help at point guard and was below the salary floor. Rondo was the best free agent point guard remaining. He upgraded the Bulls next season, and they could afford the help.

Later adding another perimeter player with subpar outside shooting in Dwyane Wade complicated matters. But, just as at the time of the signing, Rondo’s 2017-18 salary was the big unknown variable.

Now we know.

- See more at: http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/07/08...17-18-salary-with-bulls-3-million-guaranteed/

2. pduh

pduh New Member

I was skeptical with the Rondo signing because one major concern I have is that he may give issues in the locker room, and he have a history problems with coaches well mainly with Rick Carlisle who is one of the great head coaches in the league when he was playing for the Mavericks couple season ago, and with Fred Hoiberg coaching it is unknown how this will work out.

But with him working with the young players in the summer league, saying the right things, and plus signing of Wade may keep him in check it grows on me with liking the signing, and the bright spot is he have a reasonable contract if doesn't work out, or something much better comes along you can get rid of him with ease.

truebluefan likes this.
  3. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I will be honest, ever since he came into the league with Boston, I have wanted a similar pg with the Bulls. A pass first point guard. Rose never was that.

Keep in mine Rondo averaged 11 points and 11 assists on a Kings team last season. He was responsibile for at least 33 team ponts night after night and as much as 44 team points night after night. You bring him here, we are already better off having him. Niko, Lopez, Butler, and Wade all benefit from having him on the floor.

And since he is signed for one season (basically one) he has a lot to prove. The success of this team lays on his shoulders. He is the one that will make it go.

pduh likes this.