Randolph and Jack on the block for a big name player

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by TigerTaylor, Jun 9, 2007.

1. TigerTaylor

TigerTaylor BBW Elite Member

ESPN.com<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Insight from a chat with the Oregonian's Jason Quick: he says Greg Oden is 99.99% likely to be the top pick, Jarrett Jack and Zach Randolph are on the trading block, the Blazers are more or less out of the running for Rashard Lewis but are in the hunt for a big name small forward like Shawn Marion, Sergio Rodriguez is in the long-term plan, and the only player the Portland would consider trading the top pick for is LeBron James (they have been offered, he says, two Western Conference Hall of Famers and turned both down, he says). (Notes from the chat here.)</div>Link

2. DRob-50-Forever

DRob-50-Forever BBW Elite Member

I don't see why they should trade Jack. He is a solid point. He should be their starter next year and if they nab someone else or if Sergio emerges he would be a nice rotation player off the bench.

3. noballer08

noballer08 BBW Elite Member

They should really keep Jack, I don't think Sergio can emerge to be that passer-type point that the Blazers have been looking for. They need to keep Jarrett as a security blanket.

4. blazerspwnu

blazerspwnu BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (noballer07 @ Jun 9 2007, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>They should really keep Jack, I don't think Sergio can emerge to be that passer-type point that the Blazers have been looking for. They need to keep Jarrett as a security blanket.</div>obviously you have never seen sergio play.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my-bmN_M3gIwatch this video and then you tell me that sergio cant be a fantastic passer type point guard.anyway, I dont think zach randolph will play another game as a blazer. Im also not so sure if jarret jack is a starting-calibur point guard. Id rather have steve blake, whom the blazers might get again.

5. noballer08

noballer08 BBW Elite Member

No, I've seen him play, I just don't think that all of that will be consistent He might be a good offensive player along the lines of Jason Williams and his passing might be flashy, but IMO he won't be putting up the big assist numbers on a consistent basis. He might even flop off like Sebastian Telfair. You might think otherwise though.